Join BayouShooter For Free
Pelican

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Go away,Batin...

User Info Menu

That is classic bad headspace out of a rimfire. Could be the barrel/ bolt, could be the bolt is not fully closing or not enough spring pressure, or as stated before could be an out of spec run of ammo. Headspace needs to be checked on the gun with HS gauges, then check that ammo with a rim thickness gauge.
    Could be the brass is too thin or weak in the rim or the case rim is undersize.
    I'm just a Redneck with too many guns.

Go away,Batin...

User Info Menu

That is classic bad headspace out of a rimfire. Could be the barrel/ bolt, could be the bolt is not fully closing or not enough spring pressure, or as stated before could be an out of spec run of ammo. Headspace needs to be checked on the gun with HS gauges, then check that ammo with a rim thickness gauge.
    Could be the brass is too thin or weak in the rim or the case rim is undersize.
    I'm just a Redneck with too many guns.

Marksman

User Info Menu

Put the red dot back on.
    Those who live by the sword, get shot by those who don't.

Tim

Marksman

Premium Member

User Info Menu

I did like the red dot and it was much lighter in weight, but my old eyes had a hard time using it because the dot is not real crisp. I’ll see what my son wants to do as it’s his gun and let’s just say he’s a little younger than me. I do like the scope though. The glass is clear and the reticle is pretty easy to get on target. I’m still figuring it out as there is quite a few things to learn with the scope. What’s your reasoning for putting the red dot back on it? Weight, appearance, quality of the optics?

sportsman

Premium Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by machinedrummer View Post
    Put the red dot back on.
    YEEEEP, That will fix the problem.

Marksman

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Labeeman View Post
    The guns has had less than 200 rounds through it. The first time I shot it I had a vortex red dot on it. I did not have this issue but I think I was shooting some Federal ammo through it. I took the red dot off and mounted the primary arms 1x6 scope and thus the reason for sighting it in this past weekend. Maybe it is the ammo because when I did shoot another brand it did not do this. Iíll test it this weekend and run some different brands through it and see what happens.
    Seems like the problem started when you removed the red dot. Lol Sweet looking rifle. Hope it gets resolved soon.
    Those who live by the sword, get shot by those who don't.

Tim

Marksman

Gold Member

User Info Menu

Yup, Better send me the new scope man,No doubt it's possessed or something?

I'll bring it to the church and have some Holy water sprinkled on it + place some blessed beads wrapped around the thing!
    "When You Go Home, Tell Them Of Us And Say, For Your Tomorrow, We Gave Our's Today"

Voting is the responsibility of a citizen, even if voting may not necessarily be obligatory. To not vote seems to me to be an abrogation of one's responsibility as a citizen, regardless of one's politics.

Marksman

User Info Menu

Nothing is fool proof for a sufficiently talented fool
    Everyone is brave until the roach flies

All or nothing

User Info Menu

Where you at OP? Make any headway? I’m still leaning toward ammo fail.
    Contrary to popular belief, a head shot is not necessarily a guaranteed kill shot....but it sure does take the fight out of 'em.

and if one in every 100,000,000 M&M's contained enough cyanide to kill a person, the Mars candy company would be forced by public outcry to correct itóóó
    Bangswitch