M16A4 build

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rcm192

Sic semper tyrannis
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    111   0   0
    May 31, 2010
    New Orleans area
    My buddy gave me a Surefire M952V that he used in Fallujah from a few years back so I decided to do a M16A4 build with the upper that I acquired in a trade.

The upper is a legit new old stock from FN for military contract, it has a surplus FN branded BCG. The gent I got it from said he purchased it from Ohio Ordnance. It has the Knights Armament M5 RAS rail. The vert grip is a P&S Product brand that was produced under contract for Knights Armament. Sling is by Blue Force Gear NSN numbered "Standard issue sling" which includes the rail attachment, sling, and the A2 stock adapter. Spectre gear mag pouch. Lower is Aero's M16A4 model. Anderson Mfg LPK and A2 Stock Assembly.

......aaaaaand pics:

BKARKw4.jpg

8tc19XU.jpg

vzUzV23.jpg

WsBJuV6.jpg

7xCsDrP.jpg

p2euxth.jpg

okky4eN.jpg

N2RDruy.jpg

4zVfWzu.jpg

QhiLEik.jpg

gS8RmIG.jpg

dDVfQx6.jpg

DWzZhTW.jpg

CPx0XLK.jpg

YGzc4H5.jpg

cYVdpd8.jpg

Last edited:

rcm192

Sic semper tyrannis
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    111   0   0
    May 31, 2010
    New Orleans area
    Very nice!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks!

Just in case you guys were wondering...the ACOG is on the scar currently. I just have to find a suitable replacement optic for it and then it will live on the m16a4. I think it will be complete after that.

enigmedic

Rating - 100%
    14   0   1
    Sep 14, 2010
    New Orleans area
    Those two look wonderful side by side. I did an A2 and A4 all FN pair couple of years ago, prior to the release of their military collector series. I still have some parts left over; if you get in a bind let me know. Even have the fde electrical tape to silence the sling

rcm192

Sic semper tyrannis
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    111   0   0
    May 31, 2010
    New Orleans area
    Those two look wonderful side by side. I did an A2 and A4 all FN pair couple of years ago, prior to the release of their military collector series. I still have some parts left over; if you get in a bind let me know. Even have the fde electrical tape to silence the sling

Thanks bud! Do you have any pics of the tape on the sling?

enigmedic

Rating - 100%
    14   0   1
    Sep 14, 2010
    New Orleans area
    May I have the envelope, please? And the award for best dressed goes to: the USMC M16A4!
    The only other subtle additions would be personal / theater accessories. Thinking back to that era, the only two that immediately come to mind are the Ontario OKC3S bayonet, and the carry handle mounted forward on the rail in the six o'clock position. It functioned as what would pass for an angle grip, by today's standards. It also guaranteed buis availability. There was still a degree of skepticism in glass. Standby for pic.

rcm192

Sic semper tyrannis
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    111   0   0
    May 31, 2010
    New Orleans area
    Very nice. You did a great job with that build.
    Thanks! Still a work in progress.
    May I have the envelope, please? And the award for best dressed goes to: the USMC M16A4!
    The only other subtle additions would be personal / theater accessories. Thinking back to that era, the only two that immediately come to mind are the Ontario OKC3S bayonet, and the carry handle mounted forward on the rail in the six o'clock position. It functioned as what would pass for an angle grip, by today's standards. It also guaranteed buis availability. There was still a degree of skepticism in glass. Standby for pic.

I really need to move my acog over from my scar to this. And I need that bayonet.

MTx11B

Combat Vet
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Aug 31, 2013
    NOLA
    Always loved a good clone build it looks great and that surefire is clean as hell for being in Fallujah, totally lucked out on that pick up I would go through two or three of them in combat just on patrols and hvt hits they are the best lights I've ever used.

If you're going clone correct check out an ITL mars optic it has a cool integrated push button laser

rcm192

Sic semper tyrannis
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    111   0   0
    May 31, 2010
    New Orleans area
    Always loved a good clone build it looks great and that surefire is clean as hell for being in Fallujah, totally lucked out on that pick up I would go through two or three of them in combat just on patrols and hvt hits they are the best lights I've ever used.

If you're going clone correct check out an ITL mars optic it has a cool integrated push button laser

Yea the light has seen some use and has a light coat of rattle can on top of the fde anodizing. It built like a tank.

Those ITL optics are cool. Were you issued one? Ive seen them on the tavors.

Top Bottom