Reparations? New/old dem strategies to win

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RaleighReloader

Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Jan 30, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I'm fine with this. Even just getting the government to admit that it sanctioned slavery would be a big step forward.

And no, I'm not off my rocker. The more the government can discredit itself, the more the inalienable right of the people to keep and bear arms makes sense.

Mike

Fred_G

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    West Monroe
    I am a firm believer in reparations. All slave owners should pay money to all the former slaves. Wait, they are all dead... But, like Gator said, if the Rev Sharpton approves, probably a good thing.

herohog

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    Shreveport, LA
    Reparations

Ok, here's the deal, find a direct relative of mine who owned slaves. Note how far from me on my family tree that slave owning relative is.
    Now, find the direct descendants of those particular slaves directly linked to YOU. Note their distance down their family tree that they are from you.
    For every generation I am from each slave owner, divide by half. Example: my great, great, great, great uncle owned a slave. That would be 1/2/2/2/2/2 = 0.03125
    For every generation you are from your direct relative slave, divide by one-half. 1/2/2/2/2/2 = 0.03125
    Ok, let's say the 40 acres and a Mule promised to the slaves are worth ($3,020 X 40) + a $1,500 mule in today's money would be $120,800 + $1.500 - $122,300. Also, please note that the offer was " … each family shall have a plot of NOT MORE THAN (40) acres of tillable ground, and when it borders on some water channel, with not more than 800 feet water front" and that this was to be divided up amongst all the slaves from 400,000 acres of land. That is 10,000 40 acre plots, max BUT "Over 100,000 ex-slaves fought for the Union and over 500,000 fled their plantations for Union lines." Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slavery_during_the_American_Civil_War so a LOT of slaves are getting less or NO land.
    Source: https://www.theroot.com/the-truth-behind-40-acres-and-a-mule-1790894780
    The average cost of an acre according to: https://www.agweb.com/land/farmland-value-guide/
    "In 2015, the average acre in the United States sold for $3,020."
    The average mule cost in today’s money source: http://howmuchdoescost.com/how-much-does-a-mule-cost/).
    That means my ancestor might owe $122,300 to THAT SLAVE even though the GOVERNMENT made that agreement, not the slave owners so it’s the US Government and military you need to talk to.
    This leaves your level of claim to be a maximum of $122,300 X 0.03125 = $3821.875
    I say maximum because that was assuming only 1 child per ancestor. For each previous child between or next to you in your family tree, you would have to divide by 2 again to split the pot equally among the surviving kin so figuring a LOW average of two kids per generation, it actually would be smaller than 1/2/2/2/2/2/2/2/2/2/2 or 0.0009765625 so that leaves you with somewhat less than $119.44
    Now MY responsibility of that amount would be a Maximum of $119.44 X 0.03125 = $3.74. Of course, for each of my ancestor’s children between me and that slave owning kin would halve that number as well so you’re looking at closer to a MAX of 1/2/2/2/2/2/2/2/2 or 0.00390625 X $119.44 which is $0.47, IF you are lucky.
    Bring me the genealogical proof and a full family tree for both of us and I will pay you on the spot.
    © Copyright Speedy Mercer 4/2/2019

"Not to rain on your reparations parade but since the LBJ Great Society and the his creation of the huge welfare state, we should take that into consideration as a payout in reparations and deducted from any sum based on Speedy's calculations."

"...the way I figure it, my obligation is actually negative, judging by how much of the taxes I, my parents, and my grandparents paid have gone to descendants of former slaves."

Last edited:

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Ok, here's the deal, find a direct relative of mine who owned slaves. Note how far from me on my family tree that slave owning relative is.
    Now, find the direct descendants of those particular slaves directly linked to YOU. Note their distance down their family tree that they are from you.
    For every generation I am from each slave owner, divide by half. Example: my great, great, great, great uncle owned a slave. That would be 1/2/2/2/2/2 = 0.03125
    For every generation you are from your direct relative slave, divide by one-half. 1/2/2/2/2/2 = 0.03125
    Ok, let's say the 40 acres and a Mule promised to the slaves are worth ($3,020 X 40) + a $1,500 mule in today's money would be $120,800 + $1.500 - $122,300. Also, please note that the offer was " … each family shall have a plot of NOT MORE THAN (40) acres of tillable ground, and when it borders on some water channel, with not more than 800 feet water front" and that this was to be divided up amongst all the slaves from 400,000 acres of land. That is 10,000 40 acre plots, max BUT "Over 100,000 ex-slaves fought for the Union and over 500,000 fled their plantations for Union lines." Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slavery_during_the_American_Civil_War so a LOT of slaves are getting less or NO land.
    Source: https://www.theroot.com/the-truth-behind-40-acres-and-a-mule-1790894780
    The average cost of an acre according to: https://www.agweb.com/land/farmland-value-guide/
    "In 2015, the average acre in the United States sold for $3,020."
    The average mule cost in today’s money source: http://howmuchdoescost.com/how-much-does-a-mule-cost/).
    That means my ancestor might owe $122,300 to THAT SLAVE even though the GOVERNMENT made that agreement, not the slave owners so it’s the US Government and military you need to talk to.
    This leaves your level of claim to be a maximum of $122,300 X 0.03125 = $3821.875
    I say maximum because that was assuming only 1 child per ancestor. For each previous child between or next to you in your family tree, you would have to divide by 2 again to split the pot equally among the surviving kin so figuring a LOW average of two kids per generation, it actually would be smaller than 1/2/2/2/2/2/2/2/2/2/2 or 0.0009765625 so that leaves you with somewhat less than $119.44
    Now MY responsibility of that amount would be a Maximum of $119.44 X 0.03125 = $3.74. Of course, for each of my ancestor’s children between me and that slave owning kin would halve that number as well so you’re looking at closer to a MAX of 1/2/2/2/2/2/2/2/2 or 0.00390625 X $119.44 which is $0.47, IF you are lucky.
    Bring me the genealogical proof and a full family tree for both of us and I will pay you on the spot.

You left out a Fair Tax on the payment as funds received,So now that is down another 40% or so depending where they live.

herohog

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    Shreveport, LA
    It does bother me to KNOW that I have relatives that owned slaves. It truly does, but do I owe anyone anything? How about a sincere apology on my long dead relative's behalf?

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    Now might be a good time to buy stock in those home DNA kits.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Abby Normal

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 16, 2014
    Metry
    I don't remember who said it but the illegal immigrant children called "Dreamers" are not held responsible for their parents actions & we should Give them citizenship. But we should hold the Great great great grandchildren responsible for slavery. And Make Them Pay!

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you
    I’m pretty certain New Orleans, Baton Rouge, and Jackson, Ms alone are bigger than all the acreage promised by the union. We basically gave that Lang to the *community*... We good? :dunno:

Nevermind all the Reconstruction Era mistreatment of white southerners by the federal government to punish the rebellion. Nah I pretty sure we are good.

Last edited:

Vigilante Sniper

Guns are my crack!!
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    LaPlace
    The government has no money or income, all government is taxpayer funded. Are we going to go back to ancient times and get reparations for all enslaved people from every country from the beginning of slavery or is it just a black people thing in the US. Like I say, I never owned no slaves and you ain't never picked cotton. Just another way black folks think they are owed. I guess after generations of living of the government tit they trying to find another way. In reality, back then slavery was better for them here than if they had stayed in Africa. At least here they had food and a place to live and were treated better.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Long before anyone tries to pay out to a race of people, the US Federal excuse for a government needs to pay the American people reparations for all the atrocities committed upon this great country and it’s populatation. For claiming ownership of each and every person born here and demanding payment over our lifetime. For selling us out to private and foreign entities, placing control of our finances, belongings and liberties in the hands of those entities, those behind the curtains dictators that run our lives.
    These people are totally clueless as to where they are and how caught they are in it and they think they’re due some reparations...

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    This silliness is not about repairing the inequities of slavery. It's NEVER about that; nor will it ever be about that. Phony self-righteous politicians in their quest for control and power over the citizenry, and particular the abhorrent democrats, are always on the look for votes. This nonsense is just another gimmick to endear a bloc of potential voters to ignore their failed policies.

Democrats are keenly aware that black Americans have been sobering up to their BS in the last few years. Those blacks that are educated and self reliant through their own doing, are not as easily convinced that being a democrat by birth means always voting in lock step with that bunch of charlatans. However, those that are poor and uneducated, are despondent and needy, are angry at their situations; are easily stirred and enthused by the prospect of more "free ****!"

Just listen to these idiots that are running for President. The pandering, the promising; "Free College! Free Healthcare! Free This or Free That!" Now this garbage, again.

What will be interesting is what shiny object they will offer this bunch next time?!?

Coyote5.0

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 4, 2016
    Prairieville
    More of the government giving away working people's hard earned money to people who did nothing to deserve it. I'm for giving any living slaves reparations. Their descendants did nothing to deserve it. They can get by on welfare checks, food stamps, and section 8 vouchers.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LanceK
    Top Bottom