Reparations? New/old dem strategies to win

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 323MAR

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 15, 2014
    New Oeleans LA
    I think it reaching at best to suggest slavery here was better than living free anywhere.

I’d opt for freedom living anywhere to slavery anywhere as would all of us.

As for starvation... I don’t think they were starving over there until large-scale drought or warfare came to a particular region. Most slaves, if not all, were from sub-Saharan Africa so they didn’t live in arid areas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Slaves were purchased from African tribes who conquered other tribes. These people were already enslaved. They were not living free on the African continent before they were shipped to the United States.
    Life for American slaves was better than life for African slaves. I do not see how anyone can dispute that. Their descendants lived better lives as well.

991GT3

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Slaves were purchased from African tribes who conquered other tribes. These people were already enslaved. They were not living free on the African continent before they were shipped to the United States.
    Life for American slaves was better than life for African slaves. I do not see how anyone can dispute that. Their descendants lived better lives as well.

Those tribes were HIRED to hunt slaves for the Dutch.

In Africa a slave could earn his freedom - it was not a life sentence.

Maybe YOU would prefer relative comfortable slavery over liberty - most Americans do. If they didn’t te nation would not be where it is today.

ozarkpugs

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2018
    US Zanoni mo
    Those tribes were HIRED to hunt slaves for the Dutch.

In Africa a slave could earn his freedom - it was not a life sentence.

Maybe YOU would prefer relative comfortable slavery over liberty - most Americans do. If they didn’t te nation would not be where it is today.

Agreed had it not been for slavery in America our nation would not be the same and the blacks would ( what few survived ) be in Africa starving . How far do we take this ridiculous ploy? How about we research which Indians enslaved which Indians and give the ones who were enslaved the "entitlements " the enslavers are getting .

Sent from my Moto E (4) using Tapatalk

991GT3

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Agreed had it not been for slavery in America our nation would not be the same and the blacks would ( what few survived ) be in Africa starving . How far do we take this ridiculous ploy? How about we research which Indians enslaved which Indians and give the ones who were enslaved the "entitlements " the enslavers are getting .

Sent from my Moto E (4) using Tapatalk

Drop the guilt trip responses.

I’m quoting fact not indulging in a “you’re Guilty” diatribe.

Why is it that these types of conversations always devolve into this ?

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you
    Drop the guilt trip responses.

I’m quoting fact not indulging in a *you’re Guilty* diatribe.

Why is it that these types of conversations always devolve into this ?

I don’t think there is any guilt diatribe in his statement. It’s not about how western culture abused anyone. He’s simply saying if it’s fair to take from those ‘guilty’ of slavery why not redistribute the money alotted for Indian tribes to the ones who didn’t enslave other tribes. It’s a reasonable argument. If it’s ok to take from whitey to give to the ‘disadvantaged African American’ (threw up in my mouth a little) then surely it’s ok to take from the tribes who were slave masters to captured tribes. I’ll take it one step further. The black families who where slave owners (oh wait did I just burst some bubbles) should have a penalty on their 2019 1040 form, because it would have been especially wrong for an African to come here and enslave other Africans, right?

Its all equally absurd!

I’m sure someone will wonder if my assertion was just crazy racist keyboard diarrhea so:

https://americancivilwar.com/authors/black_slaveowners.htm

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_Ellison

Last edited:

dantheman

I despise ARFCOM
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Jan 9, 2008
    City of Central
    Every slave owner is dead. Every slave is dead. All direct heirs of Slave Owners and Slaves are dead. The institution of slavery is dead. Many people did not own slaves and many fought and died to end it. Politicians talk of reparations is just them pandering for votes. Reparations would not be fair to anyone living today. If anything reparations would create more division.

Nailed it ..

Top Bottom