no dental insurance. how much of a bill can i expect?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sloppy joe

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 15, 2011
    a filling fell out one tooth, i let it go and it needs to be pulled. two wisdom teeth needs pulling and a forth tooth next to a wisdom tooth needs pulling.

i need 4 teeth pulled. i called an oral surgeon, the answer was come talk for 60 bucks. what am i looking at about? $100 a tooth? $300? more?

machinedrummer

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2010
    Kingwood, Tx
    Not sure where you are located but have you given any thought to trying the dental school? If it’s just extractions they might be able to help. If it’s a surgeon you require that might be above their level. I would start there if the price is too high at the regular office. Good luck to ya.

DWT

Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Jun 9, 2008
    New Orleans
    With the amount of work you need, the cost could exceed a few thousand $. I have dental insurance for my self and wife, with Met Life. The cost is about $40.00/mo. It doesn't pay the entire bill, but has saved me thousands on crown/bridge work my wife needed.
    LSU school of Dentistry accepts patients, but there is a waiting list and there is still some expense involved. Once enrolled w. them, it's about equal to having dental insurance. Also, them will drop you, if you miss appointments.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Find a small town near you and check with a local dentist. Tell them you are paying cash and ask for prices. I’ve found them to be very reasonable. If you ever get around Clinton check Dr McVae

N4sir

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Metairie, LA
    With wisdom teeth it's not a simple extraction. For some it is but the roots of wisdom teeth usually make those the worst to pull. You're probably looking at x-rays and in some cases oral surgery.
    LSU is not as easy as it once was to get into and this time of year students are winding down for the end of the school year.

MetalVendor

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    Jan 16, 2017
    Jefferson
    Apply for a card from Care Credit. Once approved, you basically get a credit card (for approved medical expenses only) with a certain limit to finance any procedures you get done. They then approve you for a promotional ZERO interests payment period of 12, 18, or 24 months. Obviously, if you can pay it off in that period, you don't get hit with any interest charges. Care Credit saved my butt when I had to get all four of my wisdom teeth pulled. With their help, I was able to finance the procedure (and pay NOTHING out of pocket initially) and I qualified for 18 months to pay it off with no interests. Look them up. I highly recommend them, but I also have no idea what they charge in interest if you don't pay it off in the time allotted.

Neil09

Rating - 93.8%
    15   1   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    church point, la
    I just had one pulled out of pocket, was $60 for visit then $90 to pull. (They said it ranges from $90-150/tooth). This was in Ville Platte, La.

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    I want to say my BIL charges 180 per tooth pulled. Thats for something non-complex. We have a member on here that's a dentist, you may want to reach out to him. Where are you located?

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Lyle.lejeune2017
    Top Bottom