SOLD: Anderson Stripped Lower New

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Please reply by conversation.

theArAkguy

Si vis pacem, para bellum
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 16, 2018
    New Orleans, LA

Attachments

• 6F6EC550-3BE1-444B-91B2-218F08F38206.jpg
      6F6EC550-3BE1-444B-91B2-218F08F38206.jpg
      249.4 KB · Views: 53
    • 5A5F8F30-A427-40A2-865C-DFFB703F3247.jpg
      5A5F8F30-A427-40A2-865C-DFFB703F3247.jpg
      247.3 KB · Views: 35
    Last edited:

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Do you have a stock number or part number for this one? Is this a special edition lower? I'm always in the market for build parts but I'm trying to figure out why this one is more expensive than their regular stripped lower (part number D2-K067-A000)?

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Good deal for no transfer fees, shipping, or tax! Good luck with your sale!

That's why I was wondering if it's a special edition or something. After tax, no shipping, and no transfer, a basic Anderson stripped lower is a better deal at Cabela's. And with Cabela's, you know it's new and not like new (used).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rcm192

Sic semper tyrannis
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    111   0   0
    May 31, 2010
    New Orleans area
    That's why I was wondering if it's a special edition or something. After tax, no shipping, and no transfer, a basic Anderson stripped lower is a better deal at Cabela's. And with Cabela's, you know it's new and not like new (used).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well gas money from New Orleans to cabelas woulda made it a deal breaker for me personally if I was gonna buy it at retail. Just depends on the location of both parties I rekon.

Either way it looks like he made a deal with someone.

Comrade Fish

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 5, 2013
    Well gas money from New Orleans to cabelas woulda made it a deal breaker for me personally if I was gonna buy it at retail. Just depends on the location of both parties I rekon.

Either way it looks like he made a deal with someone.

^^This.

By the time I pay tax and gas, the lower would be well over $60 as well as paperwork, usual delay and that makes two trips.

Private sell and not having to drive to Gonzales (possibly twice) is a no brainer.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    If he's got people willing to pay that much for one, good for him. My personal opinion is, and always has been, once an item leaves a store, it is used, even if it's "like new" or "never used." Buying from a private party brings about inherent risks. There's no telling what the item has gone through despite what the item looks like. Paying the same, or even a little more, to get a new item from a retailer with more accountability is worth it to me. It's not worth it to some people and I'm fine with that as long as they know what they're getting.

theArAkguy

Si vis pacem, para bellum
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 16, 2018
    New Orleans, LA
    I see where you’re coming from. Nothing wrong with grabbing one for more at a retailer. Anyone here on the west bank/New Orleans area is free to use $20 in gas/sit in traffic for an hour to go to Cabelas to save $5 on a $60 lower that’s super extra new, compared to my lower, if it helps ease thier conscience.

To help you with your future Ar-15 receiver purchases: You can check all holes where roll pins go through, there will usually be evidence of anodizing and finish removal if a pin was hammered in and removed. Also, the grip screw threads usually have evidence of a screw being threaded in as well. Lastly, you can usually see where the ejection port cover opened and smacked the lower multiple times.
    Hope this helps! :)

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I see where you’re coming from. Nothing wrong with grabbing one for more at a retailer. Anyone here on the west bank/New Orleans area is free to use $20 in gas/sit in traffic for an hour to go to Cabelas to save $5 on a $60 lower that’s super extra new, compared to my lower, if it helps ease thier conscience.

To help you with your future Ar-15 receiver purchases: You can check all holes where roll pins go through, there will usually be evidence of anodizing and finish removal if a pin was hammered in and removed. Also, the grip screw threads usually have evidence of a screw being threaded in as well. Lastly, you can usually see where the ejection port cover opened and smacked the lower multiple times.
    Hope this helps! :)

It doesn't hurt but, from my perspective, it doesn't help. And if you think what I'm saying has anything to do with easing one's conscious, then you don't see where I'm coming from. But it's alright.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    Why not just let someone sell for whatever someone is willing to pay without making comments hurting their sale. If someone thinks it’s a scam then they can notify a moderator and they can remove the item. This was the problem with comments last time. If someone doesn’t like the asking price then no one is forcing you to buy it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

dwhaley929

Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Dec 14, 2016
    Baton Rouge LA
    Why not just let someone sell for whatever someone is willing to pay without making comments hurting their sale. If someone thinks it’s a scam then they can notify a moderator and they can remove the item. This was the problem with comments last time. If someone doesn’t like the asking price then no one is forcing you to buy it.

Because we live in the age of the keyboard warrior and it's starting to seep into actual, real time situations.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA

I didn't post anything that wasn't acuarate.

ozarkpugs

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2018
    US Zanoni mo
    Which brings up another question ,why don't we have a like option on here?

Sent from my Moto E (4) using Tapatalk

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Which brings up another question ,why don't we have a like option on here?

You're welcome to make that suggestion in the Site News section. At it's core, the like button is a counter that tracks how many people clicked the button. Is that what you're looking for or is there some other function you would want it to perform?

ozarkpugs

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2018
    US Zanoni mo
    I'm pretty ignorant as far as technology goes and use my phone only but a lot of times I would like to just like a comment and not add my two cents . Thanks for the advice.
    You're welcome to make that suggestion in the Site News section. At it's core, the like button is a counter that tracks how many people clicked the button. Is that what you're looking for or is there some other function you would want it to perform?

Sent from my Moto E (4) using Tapatalk

rcm192

Sic semper tyrannis
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    111   0   0
    May 31, 2010
    New Orleans area
    Thanks for the kind words guys. He even threw me an extra $5 for the smooth transaction and good experience.

cracking-open-a-sold-one-with-the-boys-saturdays-are-25224914.png

Status
    Please reply by conversation.
    You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
    Top Bottom