American flag on PD cars hurting people’s feelings

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    "A Southern California coastal city voted Tuesday to keep the American flag on its police cars despite some residents’ objections that it might offend immigrants."

So some people who fled their own country might be offended by a flag that represents the country they fled to.

And all the articles talk about the received design not matching the approved design and the received design being bold and aggressive. Has they released an image of what the approved design looks like? As I understand it, the approved design had the word POLICE with an American flag inside the letters. I'm curious as to the difference between the approved and the delivered designs.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    The first link I posted has the comparison pics. The *police* is somewhat subdued as compared to the brighter colors in what was delivered. Not that it matters but I like the one that was deleiverd.

https://www.latimes.com/local/lanow...police-cars-american-flag-20190413-story.html

Oh...it sure does have the pictures. I guess I must have scrolled through the article too fast the first time. Now that I stop and look at it, I see the difference. I wish these reporters would do more reporting. When someone says "It looks too aggressive" the reporter should ask "what do you mean by too aggressive?"

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you
    So the real issue is the colors were supposed to be muted and subtle and the came out bold. And just for grins they threw in a little etho-inclusive whining. And of coarse followed by manufactured outrage. It’s a freaking police car if you feel minused by it you probably will feel that way if it was paint up like the partridge family bus.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom