Join BayouShooter For Free

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Moving forward

User Info Menu

Concealed carry - no round in chamber

For those of you that have decided to carry without a round in the chamber should take a look at this and learn what you can from his mistakes.

https://americangg.net/lose-life-empty-chamber/

When bad stuff happens, it’s rare it happens the way we thought it would.

La. CHP Instructor #409

Premium Member

User Info Menu

No round in chamber is Dumb!

Moving forward

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JBP55 View Post
    No round in chamber is Dumb!
    Agreed. But some folks aren’t convinced that it’s safe to carry a loaded weapon on them. It’s a legit fear to them, mostly from lack of understanding and lack of training.

Sic semper tyrannis

User Info Menu

Yea a cold chamber is for effing squares and sitting ducks.
    Free men are not equal. Equal men are not free.

I like guns because they're f*cking awesome.

Marksman

User Info Menu

Plain and simple. If you are not ready to carry your weapon with a round in the chamber then you are not “ready” to carry. Training and practice and making yourself feel comfortable is something that should be done prior to walking out of your house with a weapon. We all know it because it is part of our thinking but nobody should ever forget that there is a tremendous amount of responsibility we have as CC people. People just think you can jump into it and as long as you got your permit, bought some crappy holster and the cheapest gun you could afford that you are some sort of tactical operator. It never ceases to amaze me that every open carry person I have ever seen is usually some overweight slob with a cheap $10 Walmart holster and their gun looks like it has spent most of its life bouncing around in the bed of a truck. I hear the term responsible gun ownership and that should be especially true of someone who carries. I also laugh when I hear it will only add a half a second to rack the slide. How long do people think being attacked takes? Do they think they are going to see a person two blocks away coming toward them and they will have the time to go through preparing for that attacker. If you have that much time then avoid the attack altogether. Anyway, those are my thoughts.
    ‘What the wise man does in the beginning, the fool does in the end.’”

Not a Fed.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NOLASHOOTER View Post
    Plain and simple. If you are not ready to carry your weapon with a round in the chamber then you are not *ready* to carry. Training and practice and making yourself feel comfortable is something that should be done prior to walking out of your house with a weapon. We all know it because it is part of our thinking but nobody should ever forget that there is a tremendous amount of responsibility we have as CC people. People just think you can jump into it and as long as you got your permit, bought some crappy holster and the cheapest gun you could afford that you are some sort of tactical operator. It never ceases to amaze me that every open carry person I have ever seen is usually some overweight slob with a cheap $10 Walmart holster and their gun looks like it has spent most of its life bouncing around in the bed of a truck. I hear the term responsible gun ownership and that should be especially true of someone who carries. I also laugh when I hear it will only add a half a second to rack the slide. How long do people think being attacked takes? Do they think they are going to see a person two blocks away coming toward them and they will have the time to go through preparing for that attacker. If you have that much time then avoid the attack altogether. Anyway, those are my thoughts.
    Roger that
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The problems we face today are
    there because the people who work
    for a living are outnumbered by those
    who vote for a living.

On Target

User Info Menu

I used to carry condition 3 about 20 years ago. You know the israelies can do it it, it’s safer, blah, blah, blah.

After seeing these type type of stories and now clips, my mom being mugged walking in her complex parking lot.

Screw you, ever since hot and ready to fire, with at least 1 backup magazine.

It is about training, proper holster, confidence in yourself, and you equipment.

Be ready!

All or nothing

User Info Menu

Two in the pink
    One in the stink
    Round in the chamber
    Don’t get dinked

Words to live by....
    Contrary to popular belief, a head shot is not necessarily a guaranteed kill shot....but it sure does take the fight out of 'em.

and if one in every 100,000,000 M&M's contained enough cyanide to kill a person, the Mars candy company would be forced by public outcry to correct it———
    Bangswitch

Marksman

User Info Menu

Anyone know if anyone is making kydex for my Acme? It’s a five hole.

Moving forward

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bangswitch View Post
    Anyone know if anyone is making kydex for my Acme? It’s a five hole.

Checkout silk holsters. He can make anything!