Concealed carry - no round in chamber

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • NOLASHOOTER

Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Jul 9, 2010
    New Orleans
    Plain and simple. If you are not ready to carry your weapon with a round in the chamber then you are not “ready” to carry. Training and practice and making yourself feel comfortable is something that should be done prior to walking out of your house with a weapon. We all know it because it is part of our thinking but nobody should ever forget that there is a tremendous amount of responsibility we have as CC people. People just think you can jump into it and as long as you got your permit, bought some crappy holster and the cheapest gun you could afford that you are some sort of tactical operator. It never ceases to amaze me that every open carry person I have ever seen is usually some overweight slob with a cheap $10 Walmart holster and their gun looks like it has spent most of its life bouncing around in the bed of a truck. I hear the term responsible gun ownership and that should be especially true of someone who carries. I also laugh when I hear it will only add a half a second to rack the slide. How long do people think being attacked takes? Do they think they are going to see a person two blocks away coming toward them and they will have the time to go through preparing for that attacker. If you have that much time then avoid the attack altogether. Anyway, those are my thoughts.

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    Plain and simple. If you are not ready to carry your weapon with a round in the chamber then you are not *ready* to carry. Training and practice and making yourself feel comfortable is something that should be done prior to walking out of your house with a weapon. We all know it because it is part of our thinking but nobody should ever forget that there is a tremendous amount of responsibility we have as CC people. People just think you can jump into it and as long as you got your permit, bought some crappy holster and the cheapest gun you could afford that you are some sort of tactical operator. It never ceases to amaze me that every open carry person I have ever seen is usually some overweight slob with a cheap $10 Walmart holster and their gun looks like it has spent most of its life bouncing around in the bed of a truck. I hear the term responsible gun ownership and that should be especially true of someone who carries. I also laugh when I hear it will only add a half a second to rack the slide. How long do people think being attacked takes? Do they think they are going to see a person two blocks away coming toward them and they will have the time to go through preparing for that attacker. If you have that much time then avoid the attack altogether. Anyway, those are my thoughts.

Roger that

Martman300

Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 12, 2018
    Gretna, la
    I used to carry condition 3 about 20 years ago. You know the israelies can do it it, it’s safer, blah, blah, blah.

After seeing these type type of stories and now clips, my mom being mugged walking in her complex parking lot.

Screw you, ever since hot and ready to fire, with at least 1 backup magazine.

It is about training, proper holster, confidence in yourself, and you equipment.

Be ready!

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you
    Anyone know if anyone is making kydex for my Acme? It’s a five hole.

kingsize-960x720.jpg

340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    Everyone knows you always carry a round in the Chamber.
    How else could ya Rack the slide back and eject a live round onto the ground! {IE} To let them know Ya Mean Bussiness! J/K

jkingrph

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2007
    Always with a round chambered. I used to have one of the DAO S&W scandium lite revolvers, until my wife started
    "making" me, seeing the gun butt in my pocket. I researched and got us a couple of little SIG semi autos, a P238 for her and a P938 for myself. I got a Red Dog leather pocket holster that is a wallet style, has a flap that folds completely the butt. I carry one in chamber, hammer cocked and safety on. Admittely I was very nervous at first, but quickly got used to it. The holster has molded itself to the safety levers and it would be very difficult to bump the safety off in my pocket. I live in E. Texas, but still have a house in the W.Monroe area. and last trip over showed it to the deputy who manages the Ouachita parrish range, Asked him if he wanted to see it and he did so I told him the condition, took it out of pocket and handed it over, He very carefully pointed in proper direction, and completely unloaded, looked it over along with holster, then properly reloaded and reholstered and handed it back, saying that was the way to carry.

A week or so ago in Nacgdoches, Tx I was stopped for rolling through a blinking red light after a power outage, all lights were out. I first told officer I was armed, where gun was and showed my license, He was extremely nice, and we had a friendly conversation and he inquired about the holster. I said he already had my license #, and new my concealed license was linked via computer so he should know about that and that the last thing I needed was to get into a confrontation with a LEO involving a firearm. In Tx. penalties are usually double for assaulting a "public servant".

He laughed and said that he wished more had that attitude.

georg jetson

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2012
    Plain and simple. If you are not ready to carry your weapon with a round in the chamber then you are not “ready” to carry. Training and practice and making yourself feel comfortable is something that should be done prior to walking out of your house with a weapon. We all know it because it is part of our thinking but nobody should ever forget that there is a tremendous amount of responsibility we have as CC people. People just think you can jump into it and as long as you got your permit, bought some crappy holster and the cheapest gun you could afford that you are some sort of tactical operator. It never ceases to amaze me that every open carry person I have ever seen is usually some overweight slob with a cheap $10 Walmart holster and their gun looks like it has spent most of its life bouncing around in the bed of a truck. I hear the term responsible gun ownership and that should be especially true of someone who carries. I also laugh when I hear it will only add a half a second to rack the slide. How long do people think being attacked takes? Do they think they are going to see a person two blocks away coming toward them and they will have the time to go through preparing for that attacker. If you have that much time then avoid the attack altogether. Anyway, those are my thoughts.

Hey. Why the dig at OC people? The poor deceased man in the video was a CC guy. Is there a weight requirement for CCing? I know some over weight CC guys and a few of those should have someone else dress them. The rare occasions that I've seen OC guys, they look like anyone else does... except they have a firearm on their side.

jcdogfish

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 2, 2015
    prairieville, LA
    Am I the only one that thinks this is not a very good example. He may have gotten lucky with one in the pipe, but he got lucky both guys got distracted and got lucky the guys first move was to flee. As an older guy, I feel drawing a gun in any condition against 2 armed people with guns drawn is not very good odds for me. If the second guy was armed too could he have taken them both out before one firing back. Probably not. Killing one of them would not make him any less dead. With one in the pipe all 3 may be dead. A better choice may have been to try to duck behind the counter to draw when they got distracted if he felt they were going to kill him execution style. I don't think they would have. I would think a very small percentage of people know how they would react in that situation, and that includes those pretty well trained. What is the better odds, not getting shot in an armed robbery or trying to draw on 2 armed robbers with guns drawn?

southerncanuck

www.RangeSport.com (Use code "BayouShooter")
    Premium Member
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Dec 3, 2019
    New Orleans
    Condition 1 for me as well.

For conversation's sake, the only somewhat decent argument for condition 3 is from Lenny Magill here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1QbjxxYPSuc -- skip to the 15 minute mark.

As a preventative disclaimer: please don't reply to this flaming me for being a dumb fudd advocating for condition 3, because I'm not, I'm just pointing out a thoughtful perspective from an educated guy (albeit one I've personally chosen to ignore). Also, nuts to this dude for being 63 and having abs.

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    Condition 1 for me as well.

For conversation's sake, the only somewhat decent argument for condition 3 is from Lenny Magill here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1QbjxxYPSuc -- skip to the 15 minute mark.

As a preventative disclaimer: please don't reply to this flaming me for being a dumb fudd advocating for condition 3, because I'm not, I'm just pointing out a thoughtful perspective from an educated guy (albeit one I've personally chosen to ignore). Also, nuts to this dude for being 63 and having abs.

I did not look but I will pass on anything Lenny Magill and his shop.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Lyle.lejeune2017
    Top Bottom