Traffic question for LEO’s

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    I like DWI checkpoints. I get to see my Trooper and Deputy friends sometime. And my stuff is legal.

If I had any say in how DWI checkpoints were done I would just have LEO's stopping all the people running fog lights. When you tell them why you stopped them and smell the booze when they roll the window down. (Notice I said roll the window down, I'm old) :D

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I like DWI checkpoints. I get to see my Trooper and Deputy friends sometime. And my stuff is legal.

If I had any say in how DWI checkpoints were done I would just have LEO's stopping all the people running fog lights. When you tell them why you stopped them and smell the booze when they roll the window down. (Notice I said roll the window down, I'm old) :D

Most of the time running only fog lights at night isn't legal anyway. Headlights are supposed to be at a height between 24" and 54" from the ground measured from the ground to the center of the headlight when the vehicle has no load. And before anyone gets all bent out of shape again, it's LA R.S. 32:303.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    Most of the time running only fog lights at night isn't legal anyway. Headlights are supposed to be at a height between 24" and 54" from the ground measured from the ground to the center of the headlight when the vehicle has no load. And before anyone gets all bent out of shape again, it's LA R.S. 32:303.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm talking about 32:322

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    States with no form of vehicle inspection, maybe we should join them.

Alaska
    Arkansas
    Iowa
    Michigan
    Minnesota
    Mississippi
    Montana
    North Dakota
    South Carolina
    South Dakota
    Florida
    Wyoming

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vehicle_inspection_in_the_United_States

Maybe. In locations without an emissions test, you can get a 2 year inspections sticker. The longer the time between inspections, the less critical the inspection becomes.

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    States with no form of vehicle inspection, maybe we should join them.

Alaska
    Arkansas
    Iowa
    Michigan
    Minnesota
    Mississippi
    Montana
    North Dakota
    South Carolina
    South Dakota
    Florida
    Wyoming

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vehicle_inspection_in_the_United_States

Oh man, You should see the beaters on the road in AK, smoke,bald tires ,bent frames,no tops
    I personally think it's a good thing to have.
    Vehical inspection stickers, I'm told that a black market exists on these?

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you
    Oh man, You should see the beaters on the road in AK, smoke,bald tires ,bent frames,no tops
    I personally think it's a good thing to have.
    Vehical inspection stickers, I'm told that a black market exists on these?
    I’m assuming you mean AR don’t imagine no top and bald tires in Alaska even in the summer. :mamoru:

But unless things have changed recently people drive some crazy crap around NOLA. Much less out in the woods of Tangipahoa parish.

I remember seeing an older f150 bent at the cab with major exhaust leaks running rich dragging a landscaping trailer around Kenner pretty regular.

Last edited:

machinedrummer

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2010
    Kingwood, Tx
    Why not develope a sticker that alerts you when it’s about to expire? Maybe even a *check engine* type light. Cars let you know if your seatbelt isn’t on, tire is low, blinker is out, etc.... obviously there’s many who could use such a feature. :mamoru:

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Why not develope a sticker that alerts you when it’s about to expire? Maybe even a *check engine* type light. Cars let you know if your seatbelt isn’t on, tire is low, blinker is out, etc.... obviously there’s many who could use such a feature. :mamoru:

Here's an idea...why don't they put a date on the tag so you can see when it expires every time you get in the car.

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    Don’t say that too loud, before you know it there will be a expiration date on your DL too!!

I renewed my DL online about a month ago and my birthday isn't until the last of May. I had to beat the eye test.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ksgunner82
    Top Bottom