Traffic question for LEO’s

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jadams74

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 16, 2019
    Ponchatoula, Louisiana
    I always wear my seat belt now, but I was in an accident in 2002 and wasn't wearing it (I know, it was the law back then too, but I wasn't wearing it). I was told afterwards in the hospital that if I had been wearing it I would have died. The impact threw me into the passenger side and the driver's side was completely crushed. Just divine intervention I suppose.

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    I always wear my seat belt now, but I was in an accident in 2002 and wasn't wearing it (I know, it was the law back then too, but I wasn't wearing it). I was told afterwards in the hospital that if I had been wearing it I would have died. The impact threw me into the passenger side and the driver's side was completely crushed. Just divine intervention I suppose.

Yep. I have only witnessed that 1 time while I’ve seen countless others saved by them. Other times it didn’t matter if they had a seatbelt on or not the end result was going to be the same.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you
    I’ve heard a few stories like that. Years ago I wouldn’t wear my seatbelt except when I would go off-roading. It helped keep my butt planted in the seat, it freed up arms and legs to control the truck instead of controlling my body movement. One day it dawned on me maybe I would like to keep my butt planted all the time. Now I wear my seat belt any time I plan to drive faster than I walk.

mike84z28

Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    Kenner
    LSP does the same type of checks at the Veterans exit of the I-10 in Metairie about once a month. I see no issue, have your seatbelt On and your brake tag up to date and brees on thru.

gwpercle

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 20, 2013
    Baton Rouge, LA.
    Yesterday about 30 mins. to work and then 30 mins back home . Some Airline hwy and the rest surface streets. I witnessed 21 violations ..speeding , running stop signs , running red lights, going straight when in the turn lane , turning from a go straight lane . improper lane changes , failure to yield right of way , tailgating.... in just 60 minutes .
    Not one got a ticket or stopped or even looked at because no police were around.
    If people got tickets they would start obeying the law.
    You don't want to get a ticket..buckle the belt , get the car inspected...in short obey the freaking laws. Pretty simple

Suburbazine

01001000 01101001 0011111
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2008
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I'm sure the market won't dry up as long as people have color printers. They were selling for $50 in New Orleans. Fake temp tags were also selling for $50. Or $75 for a set.

But the fakes are almost easier to spot than expired ones.

That's also a really fun conversation to have when caught, too.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    But the fakes are almost easier to spot than expired ones.

That's also a really fun conversation to have when caught, too.

Because of the smaller size and the location, I found the fake brake tags harder to spot than the temp tags while driving. Up close, it's easy to see the brake tag was made on a printer rather than on some printing press. And the fake temp tags are usually made in batches so you will see the same number on multiple cars.

KDerekT83

Hobbyist
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Shhhhhh. For my buddies running catless long tube headers. :ninja:

Lol... How about a piece of 3" pipe coming off the turbo straight through the side of the front bumper and drag radials... I rarely wear my seatbelt (i know its a bad habit) but I also figure if LEO is gonna pull me, a seatbelt ticket is going to be the least of his concerns..

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you
    Lol... How about a piece of 3" pipe coming off the turbo straight through the side of the front bumper and drag radials... I rarely wear my seatbelt (i know its a bad habit) but I also figure if LEO is gonna pull me, a seatbelt ticket is going to be the least of his concerns..

Whats the problem aren’t turbos mufflers too? :mamoru:

I used to have a play toy with an old warm over SBC. I ran it open header for a few minutes in the shop because I always wanted to see how she sounded, and that was enough for me. She wasn’t built for drag racing so I wasn’t losing much worth losing what’s left of my hearing over.

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    What do you guys mean by brake tags? Is that the small two digit year of expiration sticker in the corner of the license plate?

It is what they use in the NOLA area for a Inspection Sticker because they are "Special People".

Tboy

Moving forward
    Rating - 100%
    87   0   0
    Jul 14, 2008
    Greenwell Springs
    It is what they use in the NOLA area for a Inspection Sticker because they are "Special People".

That’s true! I worked with a guy from Lutcher and we were talking about car stuff and he said he needed to renew his brake tags. We we round for a bit about what it was supposed to be called.

Never got answer as to why they called it that.

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you
    That’s true! I worked with a guy from Lutcher and we were talking about car stuff and he said he needed to renew his brake tags. We we round for a bit about what it was supposed to be called.

Never got answer as to why they called it that.

My guess is because the most important thing they verify is your brakes are working. I don’t know the history on inspection stickers but there was a time when horns mirrors, signals, etc were optional.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ksgunner82
    Top Bottom