Traffic question for LEO’s

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • machinedrummer

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2010
    Kingwood, Tx
    If your vehicle is an extension of your home then why is a inspection sticker or seatbelts even an issue? I don’t have to wear a seatbelt while I’m sitting here in my recliner nor do I have a inspection sticker on my front door. It’s a totally illegal practice and must be stopped.

Danny Abear

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 11, 2007
    Brusly, La.
    If your vehicle is an extension of your home then why is a inspection sticker or seatbelts even an issue? I don’t have to wear a seatbelt while I’m sitting here in my recliner nor do I have a inspection sticker on my front door. It’s a totally illegal practice and must be stopped.

BINGO, you win the internet today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Sorry you didn't get the answers you wanted. And I'm sorry the cops make you uncomfortable. We're not saying do what you're told like it or not. If you don't agree with the laws, work to change the laws. They are your laws. The cops are only here to enforce your laws. They don't create them nor do they punish people for violating them. Their job is to put the violators in front of a judge. You can call that a stop if you'd like. But if the cops are looking at your tag, something in plain view, and there's ne invasive search, good luck in court. I've already explained the best way to fight it. Get the issues corrected before court. But if you've found a better plan, rock on with your bad self.
    Glad you read ALL my posts, gotta work on that comprehension tho, lol. It would at least cut down on the confusion if you did.
    I was hoping someone would cite actual laws. And as I stated quite a few times, I’m not the one going to court. I’m not the one trying to fight a ticket. I’m just asking questions in the wrong place apparently. I’m sure the laws are fine. I believe the problem lies with the people stopping traffic in a bad place, the mainstay of my posts here. Of course you can’t make that judgement call having not driven through the stop, but any half experienced driver can usually see a hazardous situation and there’s one created there and I’d like to see things change.
    My neighbor works in the parish government and could simply make a call and have the ticket dropped, his words, btw. I sympathized with him for my part because I’ve encountered these stops in the same places too many times to count and it’s always the same nuisance having to shut the car down in the middle of either preparing to make the jump to light speed and merge or when I’m exiting onto the very short and turning runway trying to go from interstate speed to 35 in a blink only to find I have to jam on the brakes so I don’t rear end someone. Always the same 2 places and the likely the worst of all. And for what... not safety, I assure you that.
    I find it utterly amusing that you get so involved in these conversations and throw so much my way as if I quoted you or directed anything at you specifically. Why is that I wonder?

Edit: yes, I’d block your posts if the site allowed it, but I can just as easily not read anything under your avatar.

Last edited:

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you
    Man I’m really gonna have to ignore this source for any further LEO questions. You guys are a touchy bunch! Take that any way you want..
    As stated, goalposts unmoving, I’m just trying to ascertain whether the guy will have a chance in court. I’ve found some information regarding the law that, given the situation with these particular stops, makes me think he might. My personal feelings do go past that as I feel the way they set up these STOPS makes me more than uncomfortable. I’ve never gotten a ticket for expired anything because I keep my papers and insurance current like most responsible people. And I hear the ‘beat patrol just happened to notice’ arguments but nah, nope...the last one I drove up on stopped the flow of traffic completely. The very short offramp was full to overflowing onto I-55 exit 28 and did in fact cause unsafe conditions. 2 troopers working it. The loop is nearly completely unseen due to trees so a driver doesn’t see any problem until they’re on top of the problem. I think it’s very poor judgement on any enforcer’s part to choose any sort of tactical advantage on a roadway over the safety of every person driving through. Shucks, maybe if an officer gets run over or pinned between some vehicles the city will wise up.
    I’d like to see them move their BS to a safer area, so my interest in my neighbor’s plight is not completely neutral, but anyone here that wants to throw out that ‘just do as your told and follow orders and have your papers because we run the show like it or not’ crap can just go stir the dust elsewhere.
    Just a random thought tho, once a person works as a LEO for a few years and becomes fully indoctrinated into the police state (of mind), how in the world do they survive if they lose the badge and suddenly are thrust into civilian status?

Personally I think Bangswitch hit it on the head with a lot of his posts.
    There is a fine line between brilliance and insanity. I like to think I walk the line pretty well. :mamoru:

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    Come on, no one will touch that hot potato

Or the 4.0 grade system that doesn't exist..

But it does..lol

Ask about the Mexicans hauling 3 beaters down I10 in a convoy, No insurance and to much trouble to get a translator.

Selective enforcement is the key here

Funny u should mention the 3 tandem vehicles. First time I saw it I just knew that had to be illegal but it wasn’t. I’ve also found that most have their paperwork in order as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Danny Abear

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 11, 2007
    Brusly, La.
    Funny u should mention the 3 tandem vehicles. First time I saw it I just knew that had to be illegal but it wasn’t. I’ve also found that most have their paperwork in order as well.

How can they not be illegal? On the camper forums I belong too it is always discussed that La law for tandem pulling by an individual is limited to 70' overall, 3 school buses exceed this as do most 3 cars towing

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you

Yeah I guess since most people naturally think towing two cars wheels down crammed to the roof with junk down the highway at any speed with a 95 Honda Odyssey is moronic, they didn’t see a reason to outlaw it. When an illegal kills a granny there will be a law brought to the capital.

machinedrummer

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2010
    Kingwood, Tx
    I pulled doubles for many years and I’ve been in pull thru’s where the Mexican parked next to me was just about as long as my unit. One in particular in Mississippi was three vehicles being pulled by a POS Camry on its last leg. Scary stuff.

Last edited:

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    I pulled doubles for many years and I’ve been in pull thru’s where the Mexican parked next to me was just about as long as my unit. One in particular in Mississippi was three vehicles being pulled by a POS Camry on its last leg. Scary stuff.

Their probley loaded down with millions in drug money going southwest.

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Their probley loaded down with millions in drug money going southwest.

Not sure about all that, but I’ve heard the cars are mostly headed to Honduras. There’s a strong market down there apparently. It’s a sight to see the ‘IN TOW’ parade weekend mornings tho. Best one I saw was a small uhaul truck with a car stuffed in the back and a pickup in tow with 2 motorbikes tied down in the bed. Just think, somewhere there’s a little Hispanic dude trying to buy a car hauler right at this moment.

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    What’s this? A thread that’s 10 pages long and not locked, nobody got banned and it’s still mostly on point... what’s this place coming to.

:shocked:

Bunch of underachievers

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I was hoping someone would cite actual laws.

"The plain view doctrine renders a warrantless search reasonable: (1) if the police officer is lawfully in the place from which he views the object; (2) where the object's incriminating character is immediately apparent; and (3) the officer has a lawful right of access to the object." State of Louisiana versus Kevin Gray

no privacy interest in license plates - United States v. Walraven

"A motorist has no privacy interest in her license plate number" - Olabisiomotosho v. City of Houston

Would a Louisiana Supreme Court case, A US Supreme Court case , and a 5th Circuit Court of Appeals case work? Is it legal to wash your car? If so, can you cite the actual law that states it?

I find it utterly amusing that you get so involved in these conversations and throw so much my way as if I quoted you or directed anything at you specifically. Why is that I wonder?

Interestingly, I don't respond to people. I respond to the posts. It could be from you or bangswitch or anyone else, who posted it makes no difference to me. In fact, there have been a number of times this has caused me problems when I've mixed up posts from different people because, as I said, the person posting the information is not as important as the information posted. I had to edit a reply to bangswitch in this thread because I refered to the original question as being from him. So, in short, I'm throwing so much your way only when you post stuff that needs things thrown at.

Edit: yes, I’d block your posts if the site allowed it, but I can just as easily not read anything under your avatar.

I take great satisfaction in just knowing you tried.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    What’s this? A thread that’s 10 pages long and not locked, nobody got banned and it’s still mostly on point... what’s this place coming to.

:shocked:

It's not locked yet so we can make that happen. You wanna throw your hat in the ring?

Top Bottom