Join BayouShooter For Free
Pelican

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I despise ARFCOM

User Info Menu

Engraved Henry sounds awesome . Or pick one of your own to have engraved and pass it down .
    I tried being normal once , I didn't like it .

Marksman

User Info Menu

I'm pretty sure this whole idea is considered child abuse, these days, and you will surely be arrested the second you step in the hospital with a picture of the firearm... Or just with the thought running around in your head.

Marksman

User Info Menu

Just wondering what an AR will have evolved to by the time he really gets old enough to enjoy it.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Marksman

Gold Member

User Info Menu

Congrats Grand paw
    Get the lad let's say an 10/22 or even a Barrett 50 cal.
    I think that will cover all bases
    "When You Go Home, Tell Them Of Us And Say, For Your Tomorrow, We Gave Our's Today"

Voting is the responsibility of a citizen, even if voting may not necessarily be obligatory. To not vote seems to me to be an abrogation of one's responsibility as a citizen, regardless of one's politics.

Marksman

User Info Menu

Layne Zulke from right here in Baton Rouge is an award winning Master Engraver from the Engravers Guild of America.

Layne's engraving work on guns is off the charts! He has a webpage and is on FB if you want to look him up.

I can get you in touch with him if you like-PM me.
    I got a 1 1/2" guard rail nut on a 6 foot piece of 550 cord. It's not uber-tactical, but one smack in the grape and its coloring books for Christmas.

Marksman

User Info Menu

I bought an engraved knife with my grandsons name from Randall Knives and it took about 4 years to get here. Made a nice display from a deer antler for the knife.
    Last edited by usmc-nav; April 17th, 2019 at 03:59 AM.
    No matter if you think you can or think you can't, you are probably right !!

On Target

User Info Menu

When my son was born I bought him a classic Henry lever action in 22. I know from experience little boys can be rough on guns especially trying to retrieve the squirrel that fell in a briar patch.

On Target

User Info Menu

Well how about a Weatherby 458 Magnum? Give him something to grow up to!

Yellow Boxes? Sweet!

User Info Menu

I would consider getting him a lifetime hunting and fishing license.
    Bob Karo - BOW Crewmember #42
    I am The Answer.

"The Media say 'Everything is awful but it's okay',
    It turns out that Fox Mulder is really Keyser Soze,
    If Men In Black are in your tub, or birds consult your cat,
    Duck your head, try not to think, and wear this tinfoil hat."
    The Illuminati Polka - Tom Smith

Marksman

User Info Menu

My vote is basically anything in .22LR... Whether you're 8 or 80, its easy to manage due to low recoil, its an affordable and timeless round, and lets be honest... They are just simply fun to shoot...
    If you are so proud of where you're from that you fly your flag everywhere, please go back there. Your flag offends me! American lives Matter!

Support LEO........
    Provide Backup!