Motorcycle in Walmart - New Iberia

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    If you knocked him from his motorcycle and the motorcycle hit and injured someone you would be getting a letter from someone's Attorney.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    What would I do?

1) Get out of his way
    2) Leave
    3) Call the cops if it wasn't apparent that no one else had done the same.

2 and 3 may happen concurrently, if safe.

Tboy

Moving forward
    Rating - 100%
    87   0   0
    Jul 14, 2008
    Greenwell Springs
    Interesting...

So I wasn’t there obviously. But to build on the hypothetical - if my wife and kid was somewhere else in the store and the biker is cruising around the store at a night rate of speed, I should do nothing out of fear of being sued?

Realizing this could be one those dumpster fire threads I try to avoid. :p

Last edited:

sportsbud

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Jan 16, 2013
    NOLA
    Oh I know... I'll pull out my handy-dandy handheld EMP and fry his computer on the bike! That should stop him... Don't mind all the tweens dead phones...

Sent from my E6910 using Tapatalk

Tboy

Moving forward
    Rating - 100%
    87   0   0
    Jul 14, 2008
    Greenwell Springs
    @JB and Motor - I respect your comments and would take that into consideration if I’m ever in a spot like that. But it would be hard for, me personally, to observe that and do nothing.

That’s why I’m asking what actions that comes to folks minds when they see that.

I hadn’t thought about hitting a kill switch.

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you
    Interesting...

So I wasn’t there obviously. But to build on the hypothetical - if my wife and kid was somewhere else in the store and the biker is cruising around the store at a night rate of speed, I should do nothing out of fear of being sued?

Realizing this could be one those dumpster fire threads I try to avoid. :p
    I’m with you definitely a dumpster fire in the making. I’m not even sure the right thing to do here. You could clip him and risk the bike and/or him skidding out of control into someone or pray that when he wipes out he doesn’t take anyone with him. Sounds like $hit sandwich on wheat or $h!t sandwich on white. I’m going to punt on this one a just pray no one try’s this when I’m around.

Update
    Not sure calling the cops is worth a $h!t. I’m sure at least 5 dozen mouth breathers are in the process of calling the cops and besides even with the best response times it wouldn’t matter.

Last edited:

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    If he’s barreling down on a group of kids or your family then I could see you being justified. Taking action and chancing injuring someone because he “might” injure someone is not going to go well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    If he’s barreling down on a group of kids or your family then I could see you being justified. Taking action and chancing injuring someone because he *might* injure someone is not going to go well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I can't see introducing a firearm to the situation doing anything but making it worse. Hitting a moving person sized target (moving fast enough to 'justify' a shot) is not an easy shot. I doubt many people here have trained for a shot of a person moving that quickly, especially not frequently enough to get somewhat proficient at it. Add to it that the store has other people in it and now you have a recipe for disaster.

It's much more likely that someone with a gun trying to go vigilante mode on the biker would cause more harm than the dumbass on the bike.

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you
    I can't see introducing a firearm to the situation doing anything but making it worse. Hitting a moving person sized target (moving fast enough to 'justify' a shot) is not an easy shot. I doubt many people here have trained for a shot of a person moving that quickly, especially not frequently enough to get somewhat proficient at it. Add to it that the store has other people in it and now you have a recipe for disaster.

It's much more likely that someone with a gun trying to go vigilante mode on the biker would cause more harm than the dumbass on the bike.
    Agreed shooting in a crowd attempting to stay up and out of his way is a bad idea. The only two options I see is take him and the bike to the tile or stay back and hope for the best.

DBMJR1

Madame Mayor's Fiefdom
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 27, 2008
    New Orleans, La.
    I disagree, that it would be a difficult shot. If I were on an isle, and he was headed directly for me, it's an easy shot. He's canalized in the isle, and I only have to concern myself with placing the shot. He can't swerve, or dodge. Close your eyes and picture someone coming at you in a store isle. The target is just getting larger.

If he were headed at me, I'd consider it a lethal threat, just as a cop would consider it a lethal threat if someone drove a car at him/her.

I'd pop the guy in the chest a couple of times, then worry about getting out of the way of the motorcycle.

The exception would be if there were others around me that might get hurt by the motorcycle after the guy looses control.

If that were the case, I'd try to get them out of the center of the isle, and shield them.

But if I'm alone in the isle, . . . pop, pop.

herohog

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    Shreveport, LA
    The answer is simple, as long as he is on the uncarpeted isles, push a movable rack in his path. On that slick surface, he will be unable to quickly stop and will have nowhere to turn that he can make at speed. When he hits the floor, kill the bike and then work on kicking his ever loving ass!

JR1572

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Nov 30, 2008
    Madisonville, LA
    I’m so glad I don’t go to Walmart. Between motorcycles riding up and down aisles and people talking about opening fire at the motorcycle driving down the aisles, it sure sounds like a recipe for disaster.

Y’all sure are an entertaining group.

Top Bottom