Sticky Holsters - I may have found the one!

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    I've been thinking about a comfortable way to carry extra loaded mags with me for some time but nothing really did it for me. Then I came across an ad for Sticky Holsters Mag Pouches in the latest edition of Concealed Carry Magazine. It peeked my interest so I visited their website.

What I found was not only that I wanted to try their mag pouches, I also was intrigued by the holsters. I read the description and how it was designed to work. I always wanted a comfortable way to carry inside waistband at 1:00; but many of the kydex or plastic was not very comfortable, and I wasn't really interested in the naked pistol stuffed in my pants a-la thug, so ultimately I was carrying at 4:00 IWB. Since I NEVER sit on my pistol in the car, I would have to re-holster every time I exited the vehicle. It seemed a little more tedious than I wanted so I was always on the look out.

Both the holster and the mag pouches came in this morning.

The material is similar to durable naugahyde but is far more, well; sticky. It is very flexible to the touch, but very durable looking. It has a lifetime warranty so it should be well made for the long run.

So right off the bat, I tested it out. G19 fit snugly in the LG 2 model. Then I inserted it inside my pants and Ares Ageis belt at the 1:00 position. It was actually quite comfortable. As comfortable as abdominal carry is going to get for my build. It also holds the pistol close to the belly. Then the draw stroke test! Passed with flying colors! Each time I drew the pistol, it came out almost effortlessly and the holster stayed in the exact place that I put it regardless of how deep I set it. No clips, no snaps! I did learn that it is optimal to put the holster high enough to allow the grip to be a little higher away from the belt for a more convenient draw.

I truly believe I have found the abdominal carry holster that is the one I have been looking for, and it was relatively inexpensive! I never heard of these guys until I saw that ad, but I am fan already! Love it!

Don't be afraid to try it for yourselves.

Last edited:

Jasarii

Jan 3, 2013
    Walker, LA
    These seem like they would do real well as pocket holsters.
    I had to go to their website to see what a sticky holster was. Looks like the iwb holsters have no attachment or clip/loops to attach/secure to a belt or pants...so I’m guessing it relies on compression or a good bit of belt tension to hold it in place and to prevent it from shifting around on the user.
    I’ve never used one of these before, but I prefer the security of a Ulticlip (no belt) or loops/clip for EDC of a firearm. Obviously I’m partial to those types of attachments due to building a lot of holsters with many different attachment types and using them daily.

Curious to know how it does for you over time...you’ll have to report back a few months down the road.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mike84z28

Aug 13, 2012
    Kenner
    Emperor, keep us posted as to how this holster works in the heat when sweating say cutting grass or working when it's 95 degrees outside.. I for one would be interested to see how sticky it is when wet.

tallwalker

Jul 24, 2012
    Covington, LA
    I tried one and didn’t feel secure enough with it or figure out how to draw at 4 o’clock so gave it to my wife. Works great for purse carry in a pocket or partition. They also sent a free mag pouch along with it that I kept and do use. Just tuck IWB and it really doesn’t go anywhere. Going on about 2 years now. It is hot against skin in the summer but doesn’t seem to slip.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:
    You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ksgunner82
    Top Bottom