Join BayouShooter For Free

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst ... 234 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 49
  1. #21
    Seriously Misunderstood!

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Kraut View Post
    I've seen so many people go to the ER in the ambulance to "get checked out" after ridiculously minor crashes, it's pathetic. I totally get that you can be hurt without it being visible, and I've been sore after crashes, but some of the miniscule traffic bumps that people claim they're hurt from are just unbelievable. That ambulance ride from the scene is going to generate a bill right away that they're certainly not going to want to pay themselves, and that's just starting the process. It's discouraging watching people act that way.

    I was named in a suit for a crash once (on duty) and two people not even in the car, the husbands of two women in the car, were added into the suit for the $50,000 limit each for "loss of companionship and consortium." In layman's terms, they couldn't get none from their old ladies after the supposed injuries suffered by their women, so they thought that was worth $50K apiece! The city attorney successfully defended on that case, I think their car was fixed and maybe the ride to the ER was paid, and eventually I got a call from a lawyer representing the plaintiff's lawyer, because the plaintiffs were now suing him claiming malpractice! That's the kind of crap that makes insurance expensive.
    It's not just this^ crap!

    I had an employee driving one of my trucks. He was completely stopped at a stop sign on a "one-way" two lane road with an old guy completely stopped aside him. Both were waiting for the opportunity to move. My driver was going to turn right, and the old guy was presumably going to go straight (across the perpendicular roadway and turn left). The old guy decided out of the blue, and from a dead stop to move to the right lane (he decided to turn right instead of trying to go across the busy street), bumping my truck on the driver side door. From a dead stop and 2 feet apart from my truck, mind you. He basically steered into my truck at 2 mph. The damage was so insignificant it was almost not worth worrying about.

    BUT; my driver, instantly and obviously genetically programmed to; said the impact hurt his knee and he couldn't walk. OK. fine! I know he's full of shit, but business protocol mandates that I take his claim serious. He demands to go to the hospital (of course), and plays that horse shit for all he's worth. Not only does he hire a scumbag ambulance chaser to try to crucify the old guys insurance, he gets some scumbag phony hood doctor to sign off on his phony injury, and guess what? Can no longer work! Now he's going after my Worker's Comp; and get's it.

    If any of you don't know what happens next, shame on you. The gist of it is, he gets paid from the old guys insurance and my worker's comp; and guess who ultimately pays for all of it? Me and the old guy in hiked rates!

    The happy ending if any is this shit bag employee didn't work for 6 months, and ended up only getting $3,000 after the vultures took their cut.

    This screw job is playing out every single day here in this crap hole, and none of these scumbag politicians give a rats ass as long as they get campaign contributions from the lawyers and phony doctors, and votes from their scumbag surrogates perpetuating the frauds!
    Remember; The 2nd Amendment Protects the 1st!
    Lyndon Johnson (Democrat & Father of US Welfare System) we'll give them stuff........."and have them ni&&ers voting democratic for the next 200 years!"
    "I'm a self reliant, self supported American trapped in a "Free Shit" society!"
    Be Warned! Amazon.com is Skynet!
    PLEASE STOP USING GOOGLE!
    I don't believe in a supreme deity; but have to believe Trump's win was Divine Intervention!

  2. #22
    Marksman

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Kraut View Post
    I've seen so many people go to the ER in the ambulance to "get checked out" after ridiculously minor crashes, it's pathetic. I totally get that you can be hurt without it being visible, and I've been sore after crashes, but some of the miniscule traffic bumps that people claim they're hurt from are just unbelievable. That ambulance ride from the scene is going to generate a bill right away that they're certainly not going to want to pay themselves, and that's just starting the process. It's discouraging watching people act that way.

    I was named in a suit for a crash once (on duty) and two people not even in the car, the husbands of two women in the car, were added into the suit for the $50,000 limit each for "loss of companionship and consortium." In layman's terms, they couldn't get none from their old ladies after the supposed injuries suffered by their women, so they thought that was worth $50K apiece! The city attorney successfully defended on that case, I think their car was fixed and maybe the ride to the ER was paid, and eventually I got a call from a lawyer representing the plaintiff's lawyer, because the plaintiffs were now suing him claiming malpractice! That's the kind of crap that makes insurance expensive.
    I have to ask...

    How bad does a car crash have to be to knock a woman’s fun-zone out of joint?

    And how many times is 50k worth? Something tells me theirs should be at a discounted rate.

  3. #23
    Marksman
    Site Sponsor

    User Info Menu

    Louisiana has had a "no pay, no play" statute on the books for about 20 years - if you are the driver and the car you are driving does not have insurance, you cannot recover the first $15,000 in personal injury damages (medical and pain and suffering) and the first $15,000 in property damages to your car.

    There needs to be better enforcement to keep people without insurance off the roads; I understand that the insurers electronically advise the OMV when a policy lapses, but there should be a mechanism for the OMV to retrieve the license plates off of the vehicle, as the drivers just keep driving until they get in an accident and at that point, we all pay for them not having insurance.

  4. #24
    Marksman

    User Info Menu

    There is the "No-Fault" auto insurance option (I believe insurance rates go down under that scheme(?).) However, a lot of people don't like the idea of someone who is truly at fault escaping financial liability for their actions, which is more than understandable. (But, currently, the non-insured/under-insured/asset poor who are at fault in an auto accident escape full liability. One needs to have collision coverage/self insurance to account for those types of situations anyway.)

    I do like "no pay- no play."
    Last edited by Nathan Hale; April 25th, 2019 at 10:03 AM.

  5. #25
    Guns are my crack!!

    Premium Member

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Nathan Hale View Post
    There is the "No-Fault" auto insurance option (I believe insurance rates go down under that scheme(?).) However, a lot of people don't like the idea of someone who is truly at fault escaping financial liability for their actions, which is more than understandable. (But, currently, the non-insured/under-insured/asset poor who are at fault in an auto accident escape full liability. One needs to have collision coverage/self insurance to account for those types of situations anyway.)

    I do like "no pay- no play."
    No-Fault insurance does not lower our rates. I lived in Florida when they enacted it and my rate kept going up every year. When I came back to Louisiana they passed a law requiring everyone to have insurance, they claimed it would lower our insurance rate, again it has done nothing but increase. They were suppose to tow vehicles with no insurance and naturally the democrats in the inner cities said doing so would hurt their constituents by not allowing them to get to work or bring their kids to the doctor. I'm all for towing uninsured cars and truck no matter what. F'm if they don't have insurance they can walk, ride a bike or take public transit. Why should we pay higher premium because of their "I want everything free" mentality.
    When seconds count, the police are only minutes away.

    I carry a gun because I'm too old for an ass whoopin', and too young to die!

    USPSA # A55195
    NRA # 138603535

  6. #26
    Marksman

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Vigilante Sniper View Post
    No-Fault insurance does not lower our rates. I lived in Florida when they enacted it and my rate kept going up every year. When I came back to Louisiana they passed a law requiring everyone to have insurance, they claimed it would lower our insurance rate, again it has done nothing but increase. They were suppose to tow vehicles with no insurance and naturally the democrats in the inner cities said doing so would hurt their constituents by not allowing them to get to work or bring their kids to the doctor. I'm all for towing uninsured cars and truck no matter what. F'm if they don't have insurance they can walk, ride a bike or take public transit. Why should we pay higher premium because of their "I want everything free" mentality.
    Guys I’m seeing a pattern the government intervenes insurance goes up. Government doesn’t intervene insurance goes up. Since the insurance companies have begged for so much government intervention maybe it’s time government takes a good hard look at the insurance premiums. They can’t have it both ways. On my last auto purchase I got smoked when I called the insurance company because of two words *king ranch*. It didn’t matter that it was 5 years old worth less than 1/3 the original sticker. So I switched companies and saved $100 a month with the exact same coverage. If the insurance companies want the government to mandate their product and help reduce their cost, price control should be a part of the bargain.
    Last edited by Bangswitch; April 25th, 2019 at 02:45 PM.

  7. #27
    Marksman
    Site Sponsor

    User Info Menu

    That already exists - an insurer cannot raise rates unless it applies to the Commission of Insurance and shows their recent income and expenses and justifies the rate increase they are seeking.

  8. #28
    Seriously Misunderstood!

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Bangswitch View Post
    Guys I’m seeing a pattern the government intervenes insurance goes up. Government doesn’t intervene insurance goes up. Since the insurance companies have begged for so much government intervention maybe it’s time government takes a good hard look at the insurance premiums. They can’t have it both ways. On my last auto purchase I got smoked when I called the insurance company because of two words *king ranch*. It didn’t matter that it was 5 years old worth less than 1/3 the original sticker. So I switched companies and saved $100 a month with the exact same coverage. If the insurance companies want the government to mandate their product and help reduce their cost, price control should be a part of the bargain.
    Quote Originally Posted by ArmbrusterArmory View Post
    That already exists - an insurer cannot raise rates unless it applies to the Commission of Insurance and shows their recent income and expenses and justifies the rate increase they are seeking.
    What is most unsettling is if you have a lot to lose personally; nice car/truck, nice house, money in the bank, etc., you are the fool if you don't cover yourself with insurance like a blanket. Again, we (the fools), want to follow the law. We (the fools), want to make sure our stuff is not taken away by a scumbag. We (the fools), find ways to pay! We (the fools), deprive ourselves and our families to find the money!

    The scumbags? Just swim around like bacteria in a sewage pond! No cares in the world! No insurance! No consequences!
    Remember; The 2nd Amendment Protects the 1st!
    Lyndon Johnson (Democrat & Father of US Welfare System) we'll give them stuff........."and have them ni&&ers voting democratic for the next 200 years!"
    "I'm a self reliant, self supported American trapped in a "Free Shit" society!"
    Be Warned! Amazon.com is Skynet!
    PLEASE STOP USING GOOGLE!
    I don't believe in a supreme deity; but have to believe Trump's win was Divine Intervention!

  9. #29
    On Target

    User Info Menu

    I own commercial vehicles. It is considered a BLESSING when you are hit by one.. Oh my back, my neck, my neck and my back.
    That is the term I have heard OVER AND OVER AND OVER AGAIN. Why cant I have a raise?
    Well because the cost to pay the blessings eats away at my bottom line by 40%each incident. I have to deal with this mindset each and every day. Cost of doing business trickles down to the customer. LOOSE/LOOSE!!!!!!!!
    Cameras in your vehicles work! I have them in all of my vehicles and front and rear in my 16 year olds vehicle.
    We need a cap on law suits like in Europe. I think its 15k euro. P.S. I hate people.

  10. #30
    On Target

    User Info Menu

    Lightbulb

    Did I say I hate people........

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •