Given these numbers, I might even be BANNED!

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kraut

LEO
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 3, 2007
    Slidell, LA
    http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/we...rds/ar-BBWgqVY?li=BBnb7Kz&ocid=LENDHP#image=1

OK, I spent so long typing my rant about this article, that my log-in timed out and I lost everything I typed, broken down over all the wild numbers this article throws out there. I'm not typing all that again, but in summary, this article puts all kinds of huge numbers out suggesting rampant police misconduct and abuse everywhere, careful to occasionally slip in an "alleged" or "called into question" so they can't be held to any hard numbers. The worst example is the link in the article to the "Search database" page, which claims to be a list of "more than 30,000 police officers BANNED by 44 states," and the article says they are "decertified" which is "essentially BANNED from the profession." So if you search the database for Louisiana, 87 names come up, but if you click the link under each name, it goes further to a list that shows a grand total of SIX officers decertified for "Misconduct", while the rest indicated "Failure to maintain in-service training standards" as the reason. As in, they missed a class. Missed the deadline on an on-line recertification. Quit and their POST certification expired. That's it, and that's what has chapped my hide so sorely over this article. It's the laziest kind of "journalism" to just throw out big numbers and suggestive terms, and the most shameless type of broad-brushing of the entire profession.

Between what I first typed and lost, and this re-hash, my rant is now out of steam. Thanks for listening, read the article and get a good laugh yourself!

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Being a truly objective individual (until I am convinced of an outcome by fact or frequency), I cannot open ANY link from msn. They have lost my trust entirely when it comes to objective reporting.

Your summation is good enough for me as long as that is where you got the story! ;)

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    To add to it, I'm not sure that list is accurate. There's a Deputy on that list who is working at their parish jail and is still identifying themselves as Deputy.

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you
    I’m with Emperor if MSN says the sky is blue you best believe I’m looking out the window expecting any color except blue. They are one of the biggest bunch of lieing dirtbags around.

tbone

Threadender
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I just watched an interview on PBS of this guy. It was so much bull that I almost blew a gasket. The questions were purposely biased and the answers were purposely misleading. It was a poorly disguised smear campaign of police designed to depict thousands of police officers a the tools of the devil. I am livid that PBS is allowed to get away with this on my tax dime.

RaleighReloader

Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Jan 30, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    So I just did a random search and pulled up a list of 86 officers in the database. Of these 86, 80 were revoked for "Failure to maintain in-service training standards." The other 6 were revoked for misconduct.

Not exactly high crimes and treason.

LS1RX7

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Aug 27, 2010
    Slidell
    So I just did a random search and pulled up a list of 86 officers in the database. Of these 86, 80 were revoked for "Failure to maintain in-service training standards." The other 6 were revoked for misconduct.

Not exactly high crimes and treason.

And those 6 are all 10+ years old

Mannelite

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2019
    Covington, Louisiana
    Yeah I've been seeing the MSN News homepage ever since I quit google and boy is it a pile of the worst, most useless journalism I've ever seen in my life. Just don't read it. Every now and then you'll see a poll of some kind on there, just redpill that poll, hopefully they'll eventually get the message...

Top Bottom