Join BayouShooter For Free

Thread: New AR Owner

User Info Menu

New AR Owner

Hi folks. I've been wanting to buy an AR forever, and I finally took the plunge. I bought a PSA lower and upper, and I am in the process of picking up mags. Looking forward to some great reading, wisdom, and advice from you fine folk.

I have another carbine as well, not an AR. And an assortment of handguns for home and truck defense. Good times.

Marksman

User Info Menu

Welcome from S/W La.---

User Info Menu

Thanks!

Marksman

User Info Menu

Howdy!

La. CHP Instructor #409

Premium Member

User Info Menu

Welcome aboard.

Marksman

User Info Menu

welcome aboard, and welcome to the AR/M4 Platform world. Read alot, practice and train more... when you're ready to upgrade, look into triggers first.... The trigger is subjectively the single most invaluable upgrade you'll ever do to the rifle... Along with (personal opinion), the barrel being second in line.
    Last edited by KDerekT83; April 26th, 2019 at 06:51 PM.
    If you are so proud of where you're from that you fly your flag everywhere, please go back there. Your flag offends me! American lives Matter!

Support LEO........
    Provide Backup!

User Info Menu

I'd like to run it by you guys what I ended up buying, if that's cool. I got the upper and lower separately, which saved about $100. Plus, it allowed me to upgrade on the parts. I haven't had a chance to shoot it yet, but I've been buying mags. I just bought 4 of the D&H at PSA. They are running the $6.99 sale on them again. I've heard good things about them. I've got an assortment of Lancer, PMAG, Hexmag, Amend 2, and Okay, with an ETS tossed in.

Marksman

User Info Menu

Hi my name is bangswitch and I’m an ARaholic. It was really hard at first I would get the shakes if I didn’t buy a part or two for a week or two, but it gets easier.

As KDerekT83 mentioned AR parts are like ice cream there are enough flavors to cover all the opinions. I still have the standard old mil-spec triggers. If I do my part they shoot lights out, but I’m sure some two stage triggers would help improve my rate of fire.

User Info Menu

Aloha from Slidell

User Info Menu

Love riding the Trace. Been a while, but looking forward to getting back down that way soon.