New AR Owner

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ninja Defender

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 25, 2019
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Hi folks. I've been wanting to buy an AR forever, and I finally took the plunge. I bought a PSA lower and upper, and I am in the process of picking up mags. Looking forward to some great reading, wisdom, and advice from you fine folk.

I have another carbine as well, not an AR. And an assortment of handguns for home and truck defense. Good times.

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    Welcome aboard.

KDerekT83

Hobbyist
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    welcome aboard, and welcome to the AR/M4 Platform world. Read alot, practice and train more... when you're ready to upgrade, look into triggers first.... The trigger is subjectively the single most invaluable upgrade you'll ever do to the rifle... Along with (personal opinion), the barrel being second in line.

Last edited:

Ninja Defender

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 25, 2019
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I'd like to run it by you guys what I ended up buying, if that's cool. I got the upper and lower separately, which saved about $100. Plus, it allowed me to upgrade on the parts. I haven't had a chance to shoot it yet, but I've been buying mags. I just bought 4 of the D&H at PSA. They are running the $6.99 sale on them again. I've heard good things about them. I've got an assortment of Lancer, PMAG, Hexmag, Amend 2, and Okay, with an ETS tossed in.

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you
    Hi my name is bangswitch and I’m an ARaholic. It was really hard at first I would get the shakes if I didn’t buy a part or two for a week or two, but it gets easier. :rofl:

As KDerekT83 mentioned AR parts are like ice cream there are enough flavors to cover all the opinions. I still have the standard old mil-spec triggers. If I do my part they shoot lights out, but I’m sure some two stage triggers would help improve my rate of fire.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Apple cider vinegarOTR
    Top Bottom