Whiskey.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Core

Salt
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2011
    Maine
    So what kind of whiskey do you drink in the safety of your home without driving anywhere.
    I drank Wild Turkey 101 for years in the Marines and afterwards up until about 2008.
    Then a friend showed me W.L. Weller and I drank that until I couldn't find it anymore. (Still can't get it.)
    Now I drink Buffalo Trace, Makers Mark.
    I really like Whistlepig but it is too expensive to buy on a regular basis. (I'm retired and try to be frugal.)
    If this has been covered before just ignore it. My memory is going too.

I would probably not want to drink any of those: never had Weller. Most are not real whiskey IMHO. You have to be careful of craft whiskey: it's expensive and high quality but it's typically not authentic. If you like it great drink it!

Old Crow Bourdon comes in glass 740ml bottles: they even have a reserve. They have halves in plastic and other sizes in plastic: I don't drink alcohol from a plastic bottle... Old Crow is an original recipe: it's basically Beam Juice.. Real bourbon, real good price point, made the way bourbon was intended to be made with no flavors and weird stuff added, no fancy filtering. I buy it on sale for $6.99 bottle. If you like plastic it's even cheaper, but the plastic screws with the flavor profile: so I don't recommend it.

Lots of that barrel charr chemical conversion in Old Crow, it's good for you and works as a diuretic: drink responsibly!! :rofl:

That will fit your budget and it's good stuff: just try form glass bottle not plastic.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    I would probably not want to drink any of those: never had Weller. Most are not real whiskey IMHO. You have to be careful of craft whiskey: it's expensive and high quality but it's typically not authentic. If you like it great drink it!

Old Crow Bourdon comes in glass 740ml bottles: they even have a reserve. They have halves in plastic and other sizes in plastic: I don't drink alcohol from a plastic bottle... Old Crow is an original recipe: it's basically Beam Juice.. Real bourbon, real good price point, made the way bourbon was intended to be made with no flavors and weird stuff added, no fancy filtering. I buy it on sale for $6.99 bottle. If you like plastic it's even cheaper, but the plastic screws with the flavor profile: so I don't recommend it.

Lots of that barrel charr chemical conversion in Old Crow, it's good for you and works as a diuretic: drink responsibly!! :rofl:

That will fit your budget and it's good stuff: just try form glass bottle not plastic.

So you aren't a fan of the Salted Caramel Crown Royal? Or Peach? Or Apple? :mamoru:

gemihur

Newbus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 27, 2018
    Roanoke, VA
    All great labels listed
    Went on the Kentucky Bourbon Trail with my wife a couple years back.
    My favorite from the man who was too cheap to replace the charred staves after his barn caught fire, and used 'em anyway. (according to the tour guide)
    Elijah Craig
    small batch

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you
    So you aren't a fan of the Salted Caramel Crown Royal? Or Peach? Or Apple? :mamoru:

I struggle to understand the intended buyer for such flavors. The kids (or at least when I was a kid) are looking for George, Evan, Jack, and Jim. The cheaper stuff. The adults typically ain’t interested in Apple or peach flavored whiskey. I’m amazed that silliness hasn’t flushed itself yet.

Troedoff

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Prairieville
    I struggle to understand the intended buyer for such flavors. The kids (or at least when I was a kid) are looking for George, Evan, Jack, and Jim. The cheaper stuff. The adults typically ain’t interested in Apple or peach flavored whiskey. I’m amazed that silliness hasn’t flushed itself yet.

Mixers, and signature drinks. The millennial crowd, and flavorful drinks are the likely excuse. If you are one for mix drinks, they offer quite a bit of diversity. Then there are those that just like them because they are fruity.

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012

Mixed drinks for people who like to mix it up. If I'm out at a bar (not like a whiskey bar), it's normally more cost-effective to get a bourbon/ginger ale than it is to try to get double shots on ice or neat. Crown Vanilla + Coke is actually pretty okay for a mixed drink.

If I'm out at classier places or at dinner, my go-to would have to be whatever their signature Old Fashioned is.

I hear that Crown Apple + Sprite is pretty okay, but I'm not really one for sweet drinks, though.

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you
    Mixed drinks for people who like to mix it up. If I'm out at a bar (not like a whiskey bar), it's normally more cost-effective to get a bourbon/ginger ale than it is to try to get double shots on ice or neat. Crown Vanilla + Coke is actually pretty okay for a mixed drink.

If I'm out at classier places or at dinner, my go-to would have to be whatever their signature Old Fashioned is.

I hear that Crown Apple + Sprite is pretty okay, but I'm not really one for sweet drinks, though.
    I guess that’s why Baskin Robins has 31 flavors. :dunno:

Kraut

LEO
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 3, 2007
    Slidell, LA
    I'm not so much on the flavor infused, except for that Wild Turkey American Honey. That stuff's pretty damn good. I tried that Crown Maple, and it was like watery pancake syrup. Don't get me wrong, I like pancake syrup...on pancakes. Not in a glass, over ice, to drink. That was kinda nasty.

Now that cake flavored vodka, for making mixed concoctions, we used some of that for a king cake martini recipe, had that(2parts), cinnamon cream rum(2parts), amaretto(1part), and Liquor 43(1part), just shake it all up in a gallon jug and chill, that was a hit last year for Mardi Gras. I'd do that again, if my wife would let me...

tbone

Threadender
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0

Lots of that barrel charr chemical conversion in Old Crow, it's good for you and works as a diuretic: drink responsibly!! :rSo ofl:

So what makes them not real whiskey? I'm willing to learn.

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0

Old Crow, Dam your hard core Bruh!!! Salute!

krotsman

Rating - 100%
    104   0   0
    Aug 2, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    I tried the Kirklands Irish Whiskey and was pleasantly surprised. A little less bite than Jamesons and very tasty. For my basic bitch palate, it's a great tasting bargain whiskey.

tallwalker

Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jul 24, 2012
    Covington, LA
    Bushmills Black for me. Will have to try Kirkland’s though since you say that. Never cared for Jameson. For some reason even a single drink of that made me feel crappy the next day.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

krotsman

Rating - 100%
    104   0   0
    Aug 2, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    Anybody drink rye whiskey? Watching Brockmire (watch it, it's freakn raunchy and hilarious, on Hulu) and I'm infatuated with Sazerac whiskey now, but I haven't gotten around to actually trying it.

GaryCCR

Off target
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Oct 29, 2012
    Westbank, La
    Anybody drink rye whiskey? Watching Brockmire (watch it, it's freakn raunchy and hilarious, on Hulu) and I'm infatuated with Sazerac whiskey now, but I haven't gotten around to actually trying it.

I love Sazerac rye whiskey, baby saz. It's also Louisiana owned. I feel better about buying that than something from some international conglomerate (diageo).

For bourbon I love Evan Williams single barrel.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ksgunner82
    Top Bottom