HB 413 - Banks can’t discriminate against 2A companies

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I think I remember Louisiana doing something similar. Didn't the state do something like not allow road construction bids from banks that discriminated against people for 2A reasons?

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you
    For the life of me I don’t see how this doesn’t already violate public policy if not by letter but spirit. I mean using public currency to price gouge based on a specific business type that cost the banks no more to service than any other industry, seems like discriminatory business practices.

Nevermind the public money used to prop up failing banks which continue to fail. And the feds paying the bigger banks to buy failing banks below market value.

Tboy

Moving forward
    Rating - 100%
    87   0   0
    Jul 14, 2008
    Greenwell Springs
    I believe if it were any of the media favorite Darlings the ACLU types would have already jumped in to sue for discrimination.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    For the life of me I don’t see how this doesn’t already violate public policy if not by letter but spirit. I mean using public currency to price gouge based on a specific business type that cost the banks no more to service than any other industry, seems like discriminatory business practices.

Nevermind the public money used to prop up failing banks which continue to fail. And the feds paying the bigger banks to buy failing banks below market value.

So it's ok to withhold a service to a group based on your sense of right and wrong as long as long as that service is banking? But if that service was baking a cake...

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you
    So it's ok to withhold a service to a group based on your sense of right and wrong as long as long as that service is banking? But if that service was baking a cake...

Thats the exact opposite of my position. Because the banks products and services revolve around a publicly owned and backed currency, I don’t believe they have the same freedoms as say a baker willing to make birthday cake a straight wedding cake or any other cake except a cake depicting something they are not comfortable with. The baker doesn’t sell a commodity or a service using something that belongs to the people. You could argue if the baker delivers he uses public roadways but the service/product isn’t the roadways it’s the cake. The banks only services are currency or the promise of currency.

Last edited:

Kraut

LEO
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 3, 2007
    Slidell, LA
    "Opponents said the legislation restricts the First Amendment rights of companies and inappropriately meddles in private business operations.
    "It's called capitalism. If you don't like what the bank's telling you, you go down the street and find another bank," said Rep. Sam Jones, a Franklin Democrat"

So I guess back in the day, Rep. Jones would have told the mixed-race couple that didn't get approved for a loan to just go "find another bank."

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Apple cider vinegarOTR
    Top Bottom