Palmetto State Armory

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • flamatrix99

Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Oct 7, 2008
    Zachary, La
    Putting together an AR pistol and curious about PSA quality.

You guys like them, hate them, any issues, customer service? Inquiring mind wants to know.

krotsman

Rating - 100%
    104   0   0
    Aug 2, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    Several PSA builds have passed thru my hands. Never had an issue with anything from them. My original AR is a PSA. Great gun. Also purchased parts and other weapons from them with zero issues. I highly recommend them.

DaSouthernYankee

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2016
    Slidell, LA
    Are you refering to the quality of individual parts or assembly QC? Its been my experience that the parts they use are of good quality with the exception of the "freedom" barrels that are kind of hit and miss for accuracy.

If you are getting something pre assembled i would recommend checking that its all put together properly before you shoot it if you have the tools and know how. I would say that about any rifle comoany tho, mistakes happen so dont take that as a knock against them.

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

sportsbud

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Jan 16, 2013
    NOLA
    I just put together one of their 8.5" pistols. I'll let you know how good it does. Here it is in the middle of the pack compared to my Hakim and AR Carbine.

Attachments

• KIMG0406.jpg
      KIMG0406.jpg
      239.8 KB · Views: 131

cbbr

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 18, 2009
    Never owned one of their guns, but I have bought ammo & Mags from them several times and will buy more. Great deals & service IMO

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    They are not top tier products but they work. I have a few PSA products from lowers to uppers to bcs's to parts kits. Some people may talk about tolerance stacking or other fancy terms. But I've never experienced any issues.

323MAR

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 15, 2014
    New Oeleans LA
    PSA is good to go! I have purchased mags, ammo, and a complete upper from them.
    I know several people who have done the same with no issues.

103M 95G

Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Apr 6, 2009
    Westbank
    I put together a $250 pistol kit last year, 100 rnd mag dump fresh off the bench, then 30 rnd mag dump suppressed. No issues. this is like the 5th PSA kit I assembled and no issues

flamatrix99

Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Oct 7, 2008
    Zachary, La
    Thanks everyone! I ordered an 8* complete upper in 300BLK today. I also pick up my SilencerCo Omega 300 can from Kenny at Meplat Group on Friday too!

Last edited:

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Not sure how many years I’ve dealt with them or how many thousands of dollars I’ve spent with them but I’ve had 2 issues......which were quickly and easily remedied to my complete satisfaction. They sell to the public at dealer prices. Their product is quality mil spec. For years they’ve sold uppers/rifles with FN CHF barrels at a fraction of the price that they go for elsewhere. They generally sell other name brand parts, ammo and firearms at prices most dealers will not touch.
    That being said, the only real and common issues I think they ever had was with their P-Tac line of parts and rifles. These were reportedly built by another manufacturer and sold by PSA. They’ve since dropped that line.

Top Bottom