Red Flag Law Hearing

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RaleighReloader

Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Jan 30, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I’m down here at the legislature with 70 brothers and sisters from the Home Defense Foundation and the Firearms Professionals of Louisiana to oppose the red flag legislation that has been introduced.

It’s a privilege to be with these folks, and this strong grassroots support gives me real hope for our state.

The Bloomberg funded Nanny Moms maybe have six in attendance. Turns out that a New York billionaire can’t buy real grassroots after all.

Mike

machinedrummer

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2010
    Kingwood, Tx
    They say follow the money. One year ago when trump said he wants the guns first and would be talking to the governors I’m curious what funds are being sent to the states that implement these laws. Everything has a price. Even constitutional rights.

RaleighReloader

Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Jan 30, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Did HB 483 pass or fail in committee?

It was pulled off of the schedule because the bill sponsor wasn't available to introduce it. So it's still in play ... need to figure out when it'll be back in committee.

I have my suspicions about him being "unavailable," BTW. Sounds to me like he got cold feet and didn't want to face the fire.

Mike

- - - Updated - - -

RR,
    you should have come over to introduce yourself to me & the crew.

Didn't know there were other BayouShooters there! Were you a red shirt or purple shirt?

Mike

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    It was pulled off of the schedule because the bill sponsor wasn't available to introduce it. So it's still in play ... need to figure out when it'll be back in committee.

I have my suspicions about him being "unavailable," BTW. Sounds to me like he got cold feet and didn't want to face the fire.

Mike

- - - Updated - - -

Didn't know there were other BayouShooters there! Were you a red shirt or purple shirt?

Mike

Are y’all against the whole thing or just certain parts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region

Mike

This is the kind of crap that really pisses me off about those self serving sacks of ****! All those people that took off of work to be there almost specifically for this garbage, and they do it basically for nothing.

I was watching the meeting on and off yesterday and noticed all the "red shirts" were suddenly gone; but didn't know what happened. Heaven forbid the website actually update the citizenry if they can't sit there all day watching or attending.

They absolutely do not give a rat's ass if these BS Bills cause anyone else lost time or money!

If this Bill was so damned important to saving the world from itself, that clown should have been there!

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region

Me, myself; am against it on principle. I want to know what the motive is for some one, organization, or lobby, for convincing this guy to sponsor the Bill? What is the Genesis of it's creation?

We've had centuries now of armed citizens in this country, and the same amount of time that some individuals are unstable mentally. Where is the data that supports this being the cure for whatever it is they are trying to fix with this?

I watched a lot of that meeting yesterday and as I have always maintained, we have some frighteningly stupid people making laws! I have no confidence this is anything but some anti-gun BS on it's face, because no one has tried to explain it thoroughly.

But, as I have also always maintained, I am willing to listen, as long as it is not BS!

RaleighReloader

Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Jan 30, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA

I'm against the usurpation of lawfully owned private property based on an ex parte hearing that deprives a person of due process.

Red flag laws inherently violate the 4th, 5th and 6th amendments. That we're even talking about them in our legislatures tells me how far we've come in trampling the constitution.

Mike

Ninja Defender

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 25, 2019
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I agree, there is a serious Due Process problem with Red Flag laws in general.

But, the most horrifying part of such a law would be the ability to weaponize it. This is exactly the kind of law gun grabbers would use to try to get around the 2A. If they can't get rid of the 2A, and I think they know they can't, then they will look for some way to side step it. A law like this would allow them to confiscate someone's guns under the "guise" of public protection. The really scary versions of the law place the burden of proof on the gun owner, to prove he should have his guns. If that doesn't sound like something out of a third-world dictatorship.

machinedrummer

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2010
    Kingwood, Tx
    Another end around that might be coming is congress willing to invest in public shooting ranges. I smell registration (list) of every gun and owner that goes to a range backed with federal money. Which is probably the driving force behind the red flag laws.

Core

Salt
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2011
    Maine
    I’m down here at the legislature with 70 brothers and sisters from the Home Defense Foundation and the Firearms Professionals of Louisiana to oppose the red flag legislation that has been introduced.

It’s a privilege to be with these folks, and this strong grassroots support gives me real hope for our state.

The Bloomberg funded Nanny Moms maybe have six in attendance. Turns out that a New York billionaire can’t buy real grassroots after all.

Mike

Thank you for your service to the US Constitution! Give em hell! Article VI!:own3d:

Top Bottom