On Target

User Info Menu

Gun friendly eye doctors

Are there any shooting friendly eye doctors in the
    Baton Rouge area?
    Thanks in advance---George

Pops

User Info Menu

You can go to my daughter, Dr. Lillian Forstall. She practices with the Bond Rotten Eye Clinic in Denham Springs. She is in that office on Tuesdays. She is a shooter and hunter.

Marksman

User Info Menu

I have to ask what is a shooting friendly eye doctor?

Not a Fed.

User Info Menu

I went to the VA a couple weeks ago for a eye exam. I told the female Dr I had trouble with my red dot site. She didn't say anything and I got my glasses in the mail. I hate them
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The problems we face today are
    there because the people who work
    for a living are outnumbered by those
    who vote for a living.

Marksman

User Info Menu

I brought my handgun into the office and he measured me for shooting glasses. Only had to do it once, he kept the needed measurements. I held the gun in a shooting stance and he measured from my dominant eye to the front sight. He used that distance to get a prescription for my dominant eye and used my far distance prescription for my non dominant eye. Dr. Chiasson in Thibodaux.

Marksman

Premium Member

User Info Menu

I go to Dr. Wendy Waguespack on Picardy Ave. She had no problem with me being a competitive shooter and said that she has done work for hunters that have brought their rifles in. She just asks that they be unloaded and cased, which I think is reasonable.

Probably best to ask about this when you call for an appointment.

Mike
    ΦΒΚ. Honi soit qui mal y pense.

Marksman

User Info Menu

Ok I get it now. I guess those who actually wear their glasses you getting the lenses cut for the proper focal points in a shooting position

Marksman

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bangswitch View Post
    Ok I get it now. I guess those who actually wear their glasses you getting the lenses cut for the proper focal points in a shooting position
    Correct. When I have my shooting glasses on, I can't see the pad to keep score. And I have to put them on when I leave the house so my eyes have time to adjust. I don't use my shooting glasses when I'm shooting a scoped rifle, I can adjust the focus on the scope to make it clear.

1911 cool-aid drinker

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RaleighReloader View Post
    I go to Dr. Wendy Waguespack on Picardy Ave. She had no problem with me being a competitive shooter and said that she has done work for hunters that have brought their rifles in. She just asks that they be unloaded and cased, which I think is reasonable.

Probably best to ask about this when you call for an appointment.

Mike
    +1 for Dr Wendy
    Brought my Limited pistol in

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

User Info Menu

If anyone is getting Toric lens replacements for cataract/astigmatism correction, in my case, I will need reading/shooting glasses as well.

Dr. Slagel, in Slidell, is going to help me get the correct glasses after my final exam tomorrow.

He said the distance for shooting pistols was "medium".

I can see at a distance just fine now and things are MUCH brighter.

It is not fun driving on a bright, sunlit day unless I'm wearing really dark sunglasses.

My hope is to be able to see and shoot at 100 yards with an open sight rifle, once again.