Gun friendly eye doctors

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GeorgeS3

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2008
    Are there any shooting friendly eye doctors in the
    Baton Rouge area?
    Thanks in advance---George

mforsta

Pops
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 25, 2012
    Denham Springs
    You can go to my daughter, Dr. Lillian Forstall. She practices with the Bond Rotten Eye Clinic in Denham Springs. She is in that office on Tuesdays. She is a shooter and hunter.

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    I went to the VA a couple weeks ago for a eye exam. I told the female Dr I had trouble with my red dot site. She didn't say anything and I got my glasses in the mail. I hate them

Barry J

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 5, 2011
    Thibodaux
    I brought my handgun into the office and he measured me for shooting glasses. Only had to do it once, he kept the needed measurements. I held the gun in a shooting stance and he measured from my dominant eye to the front sight. He used that distance to get a prescription for my dominant eye and used my far distance prescription for my non dominant eye. Dr. Chiasson in Thibodaux.

RaleighReloader

Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Jan 30, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I go to Dr. Wendy Waguespack on Picardy Ave. She had no problem with me being a competitive shooter and said that she has done work for hunters that have brought their rifles in. She just asks that they be unloaded and cased, which I think is reasonable.

Probably best to ask about this when you call for an appointment.

Mike

Barry J

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 5, 2011
    Thibodaux
    Ok I get it now. I guess those who actually wear their glasses you getting the lenses cut for the proper focal points in a shooting position

Correct. When I have my shooting glasses on, I can't see the pad to keep score. And I have to put them on when I leave the house so my eyes have time to adjust. I don't use my shooting glasses when I'm shooting a scoped rifle, I can adjust the focus on the scope to make it clear.

kz45

1911 cool-aid drinker
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Jun 8, 2008
    Baton Rouge
    I go to Dr. Wendy Waguespack on Picardy Ave. She had no problem with me being a competitive shooter and said that she has done work for hunters that have brought their rifles in. She just asks that they be unloaded and cased, which I think is reasonable.

Probably best to ask about this when you call for an appointment.

Mike

+1 for Dr Wendy
    Brought my Limited pistol in

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

MattD

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2012
    If anyone is getting Toric lens replacements for cataract/astigmatism correction, in my case, I will need reading/shooting glasses as well.

Dr. Slagel, in Slidell, is going to help me get the correct glasses after my final exam tomorrow.

He said the distance for shooting pistols was "medium".

I can see at a distance just fine now and things are MUCH brighter.

It is not fun driving on a bright, sunlit day unless I'm wearing really dark sunglasses.

My hope is to be able to see and shoot at 100 yards with an open sight rifle, once again.

mforsta

Pops
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 25, 2012
    Denham Springs
    If anyone is getting Toric lens replacements for cataract/astigmatism correction, in my case, I will need reading/shooting glasses as well.

Dr. Slagel, in Slidell, is going to help me get the correct glasses after my final exam tomorrow.

He said the distance for shooting pistols was "medium".

I can see at a distance just fine now and things are MUCH brighter.

It is not fun driving on a bright, sunlit day unless I'm wearing really dark sunglasses.

My hope is to be able to see and shoot at 100 yards with an open sight rifle, once again.

Toric lenses are for the correction of the Astigmatism. I have had cataract surgery with lens implants and I still have to wear contact lenses to correct my astigmatism. If your astigmatism is not bad, you may want to try the new multifocal contacts that are available.

buttanic

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    LaPlace, LA
    I just had cataract surgery and had toric lenses implanted. My left eye has 20/10 vision, my right is 20/25 or 20/30 because of some astigmatism. I have no problem shooting pistols. I am seeing my doctor tomorrow to see if anything can be done to correct the astigmatism in my right eye. I don't want to have to wear contacts or glasses other than reading glasses. I am hoping lasik on the right eye can do a correction. In any case my shooting is better now than before the surgery. Being right eye dominant I wish the situation was reversed with the left eye having the astigmatism instead of the right. I could live with that.

Barry J

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 5, 2011
    Thibodaux
    Do you guys have 2 pairs of glasses?1 for shooting and 1 for every day?
    I wear glasses every day but they're no good when I'm at the range shooting..I cant see ****.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I have bifocals. I wear my regular glasses when shooting with a scope. The scope can be adjusted to remove any blurry vision. My handgun glasses have the dominant eye focused on the front site and my non dominate eye has my far vision prescription. My handgun was used to get the distance from my eye to the front site to check the prescription. Have to put them on about 45 minutes before I shoot to allow my eyes time to adjust.

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    Do you guys have 2 pairs of glasses?1 for shooting and 1 for every day?
    I wear glasses every day but they're no good when I'm at the range shooting..I cant see ****.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I never used prescription glasses for shooting or computer use before my eye surgery, only for reading.
    After surgery I wear one set for shooting, one for using a computer and another set for reading and can not see well zero to 5'.

tallwalker

Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jul 24, 2012
    Covington, LA
    I wore glasses my whole life for far sightedness, then had early cataract surgery and got new lenses. Now I have to use readers to see close up. When I was diving I used Hydrotac stick on diopter lenses inside my mask so just do the same thing on my eye protection - twenty bucks and done. I only use one on my non dominant eye set low so that I can read my score card, etc. (don’t usually like to see that part but they work!). A pair lasts me a long time that way too. Highly recommended.

http://optx2020.com/p-2-hydrotac-stick-on-bifocal-reading-lenses-consumer.aspx

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Lyle.lejeune2017
    Top Bottom