Ruger -v- Rock River

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • EJAIII

Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Mar 18, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    Ok, I'm a Ruger fan when it comes down to it. I own a Mini, 357, and few 22s and a hunting rifle.
    I'm looking to buy an AR, no big frills because of the cost. My question,..... How do you think the Rock River AR stacks up against the Ruger AR, I know the Rock River has one of the crispest trigger pulls from a factory.
    Any opinions on which way to go on this purchase?

rcm192

Sic semper tyrannis
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    111   0   0
    May 31, 2010
    New Orleans area
    RRA may have higher end features as options. Like a cold hammerforged barrel and or chrome lining.

Rock river also has their in house 2 stage match trigger. Its about a $100 upgrade street cost.

Last edited:

machinedrummer

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2010
    Kingwood, Tx
    SMGA has the S&W sport 11 for $450. I had a RRA Entry Tactical and it was a solid rifle. It would eat anything I put in its mouth. A friend of mine bought the Ruger about 3 years ago. The castle nut worked loose, trigger pins kept working out. Maybe it was just a fluke but it wasn’t a positive experience for him. Give the S&W a look. Seems to be a good rifle for the money. Good luck.

EJAIII

Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Mar 18, 2010
    Baton Rouge
    Thanks gentlemen for the heads up. The Ruger doesn't have the chrome lined barrel, which is no biggie. I like the RR trigger factory trigger pull. Unlike the Ruger's. I'm gonna pull the trigger on one or the other soon. Thanks again.

Top Bottom