Join BayouShooter For Free
Brass

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Marksman

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by noob View Post
    I had an 8.2 inch, 8.5 inch, 9 inch and 10.5 inch 300 blk rifles.

I currently own the 8.2 inch Noveske and a 9 inch AAC.

Nothing wrong with the 10.5, it was actually a nice seekins built upper, just longer than it had to be and optically identical to my 10.5 inch seekins 5.56 upper. The 8.5 inch was just a cheap upper to help me decide if I wanted to go 300blk before investing in a whole rifle.

8.2 Noveske

9 inch AAC
    That 8.2 Noveske looks pretty nice. Thanks for sharing.
    SASS #84934

Marksman

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by thperez1972 View Post
    I have a Dead Air Sandman S and I asked them about their no barrel length restriction with respect to a 14.5" 308 barrel being too harsh on a can. Here's their reply:

"We use stelite for our baffles on the Sandman series of silencers. We have multiple silencers with 30-40k rounds through them with no wear on the baffles at all. We also have never had a silencer come back to warranty for baffle erosion. You should be good to go with either barrel length and we do mean no barrel length restriction. I hope this helps and please let me know if you have any other questions!

Thanks,
    Tasson Nique
    Dead Air Silencers"
    Thanks. I will give them a look.
    SASS #84934

Redneck with a gun!

User Info Menu

I didn't really build anything, I purchased the upper from PSA

Marksman

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by HogHunter1203 View Post
    Here’s one I put together with some repurposed parts a couple weeks ago. 9* KAK Mr Blonde barrel. That barrel has killed lots of hogs and coyotes over the last 3-4 years. The can is a Sandman K. The last pic is comparison to a Rex 16* 308.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    What is the furthest distance you have successfully killed a hog at? Generating enough energy for anything up to 100y?
    SASS #84934

Marksman

Gold Member

User Info Menu

I only hunt with super sonic rounds these days. Lost too many to subs. The fun of night time spot n stalk is getting as close to them as possible. But I have killed hogs at over 150 yards and a coyote at just over 225 with the barrel. I prefer 120-125g, but the Barnes vortec 110g works very well also.

Marksman

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by HogHunter1203 View Post
    I only hunt with super sonic rounds these days. Lost too many to subs. The fun of night time spot n stalk is getting as close to them as possible. But I have killed hogs at over 150 yards and a coyote at just over 225 with the barrel. I prefer 120-125g, but the Barnes vortec 110g works very well also.

Good to hear. I am planning on also using it to hunt hogs with so that is a plus to hear.
    SASS #84934

Marksman

User Info Menu

Heres my most recent one, 7.5 in barrel with suppressor
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20181221_200227.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	244.7 KB 
ID:	85967