WTS: Ruger No.1 270 Win

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rgibso6

Ryan
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 9, 2010
    Lafayette
    Greetings,

Up for sale is my Ruger No.1 chambered in 270 Win. I bought this from a Bayou Shooter member several years back and never really got around to putting it to good use. Cards on the table, this is a man's rifle. You have to be sure of your abilities to be able to field a single shot rifle like this.

2hzsoia.jpg

$975 cash preferably around Lafayette, but I get around. Possible trades will be listed at the bottom.

I checked the Ruger website and the serial number indicates it was made in 1978. It shows light signs of wear- the blueing on edges and corners and wood has some minor marks when you look closely. I promise, it's nothing to make you vomit or cringe.

k3ngjk.jpg

20zqluo.jpg

If the pictures don't come up, I'll try posting them in the comments or something.

The scope is a Leupold Vari-X III 3.5 x 10 -- 50mm

The No. 1 along with single shot rifles in general allow for a relatively short overall length compared to the barrel length because the action does not require much of the rifle's length. The scope mounts above the chamber and bore via a proprietary Ruger system which works quite well. It's a lightweight rifle made to take out on long walks in the woods until you find the right spot for your one and only shot.

The 270 is a solid cartridge- "suitable for big game in the 300-500 yard range". You can find it just about anywhere and there's never really a shortage of it.

Contact me via PM or comment.

Trade options +/- cash:
    - a good bolt action 308 with a 20" heavy barrel. I'm not fond of the SPS because the action feels rough.

-Mossberg 500/590 with the full length magazine tube. Wooden furniture is a bonus.

-M1 carbine. I want a shooter, not a collector.

-Smith and Wesson revolvers:
    M19 K-comp
    M25 or 625 with a 4" barrel
    M327 with a removable rail
    M627 V-comp preferably in 38 super
    M929 because I like shooting revolvers in matches

Last edited:

rgibso6

Ryan
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 9, 2010
    Lafayette
    I've been seeing these at the last several gun shows I've been to. The dealers seem to be asking an arm and a leg for them, maybe even a kidney too. This particular one has a relatively high grade of wood on it, making better than most I see at the gun shows. Not to toot my own horn, but this is a generous price.

rgibso6

Ryan
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 9, 2010
    Lafayette
    Carrying on from my last post, these rifles don't go for less than a grand and that's without a scope and a less-appealing model.

I asked about them at Dave's gun shop in Lafayette as to why they're fetching such a value, he has one for 1400. He said the action is the best in a single shot and the aesthetics are top notch.

340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    My wife was shooting one in 25 06 at 4 months pregnant. It was one of her Dad's. He has a few of them. One of the best

Last edited:
    You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
    Top Bottom