WTS: S&W 325 Thunder Ranch

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Please reply by conversation.

rgibso6

Ryan
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 9, 2010
    Lafayette
    Greetings,

Up for sale is my Smith and Wesson model 325 Thunder Ranch for $875. Possible trades will be listed below.

2cyqiqd.jpg

I purchased this from a fellow Bayou Shooter member back in October. The intent was to have it as a bedside gun, but I got to shooting matches with it. The scandium alloy frame makes the giant revolver weigh in at less than 31 ounces. It's easy on your hip, but a little abusive when you shoot 2 to 300 rounds over the course of a match with the wooden grips I had on it.

This revolver comes from S&W's Performance Center. With that you get better fitting parts, smoother action, and a few upgrades. The upgrades include trigger stop, tear drop hammer, chamfered cylinder, gold (it's really brass) bead front sight, and probably a few others. Everything is nice and tight. This particular model comes with a removable rail.

This particular pistol has 2 modifications done to it. The first was a trigger job by a gunsmith who's been doing triggers for nearly 60 years. The second is I replaced the front sight with a fiber optic. I'm not fond of the brass bead front sight that S&W likes to use. The fiber optic really pops out. I have the original front sight and will include it.

29zztjo.jpg

The mark on the cylinder is from the cylinder stop rubbing on the cylinder when it rotates. The other marks on the back of the frame are from the casings impacting it when firing, all surface wear. I'd say the round count is around 600, maybe more.

2j5bog.jpg

I almost forgot to mention, this revolver is chambered in 45 ACP. The cartridges are best fired via moon clips. I'll include the original unused clips along with a few others.

Trade options +/- cash:
    - a good bolt action 308 with a 20" heavy barrel. I'm not fond of the SPS because the action feels rough.

-Mossberg 500/590 with the full length magazine tube. Wooden furniture is a bonus.

-M1 carbine. I want a shooter, not a collector.

-Quality AR15 good for 3 gun, or a stripped lower.

-Smith and Wesson revolvers:
    M19 K-comp
    M25 or 625 with a 4" barrel
    M327 with a removable rail
    M627 V-comp preferably in 38 super
    M929 because I like shooting revolvers in matches

Last edited:

rgibso6

Ryan
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 9, 2010
    Lafayette
    There's some interest in this hand cannon at the moment, but bumping in case it falls through.

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    Argh..ive been closely watching this for about a month now..need to save up a few more coins and if u still have it by then,ill buy it.

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk

Don’t feel alone lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

rgibso6

Ryan
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 9, 2010
    Lafayette
    If the weather holds out this week, I'll be practicing with it at the Sheriff's range in New Iberia. Y'all are welcome to come shoot a cylinder or 2.

I figure it'll be good to work on a recoil management technique I've been wanting to try.

You can text me (337) 344-5456

rgibso6

Ryan
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 9, 2010
    Lafayette
    Shot it today, cleaned a plate rack a few times. The trigger is really good on this guy. I have a different revolver I use for most of my matches with extensive action work done. The 325 feels just as good in double action. It's really surprising.

Status
    Please reply by conversation.
    You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LanceK
    Top Bottom