Join BayouShooter For Free
Cajun Ammo

Marksman

User Info Menu

Academy sports in Metarie.be on the look out for major deals

Yesterday I went to Academy sports on veterans and scored this Burris fast fire 3 red dot for $35.
    I've seen it the day before marked for $149.99 and I told myself I'll come back the next day to buy it.
    Well I went to go get it and I noticed the box was open and a plate was missing,no big deal,I didnt need the plate anyways..

I'm telling u guys this because the gun counter Clerk told me once they finish remodeling, anything that's open box will be sold for 75%off including the ammo..

I took a stroll down the ammo isle and I noticed damn near every box of ammo on the shelf is open and has been tempered with,maybe people where going in there and stealing while Academy was doing the remodeling of the store.

So be on the lookout,I might head back there tonight and see if i can get a discount on a few boxes of hornady HD rounds thats been tempered with.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Marksman

User Info Menu

Proof for the $34 fastfire 3

Marksman

User Info Menu

Da-damn! I'll be there after work, thanks for the heads up.
    How do we know if the item is marked down? If it looks "tampered" with?
    Last edited by Mxav; May 16th, 2019 at 11:23 AM.

Marksman

Gold Member

User Info Menu

Hell, Just go open up what you want to buy,Put it back and wait for the sale!
    "When You Go Home, Tell Them Of Us And Say, For Your Tomorrow, We Gave Our's Today"

Voting is the responsibility of a citizen, even if voting may not necessarily be obligatory. To not vote seems to me to be an abrogation of one's responsibility as a citizen, regardless of one's politics.

Marksman

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mxav View Post
    Da-damn! I'll be there after work, thanks for the heads up.
    How do we know if the item is marked down? If it looks "tampered" with?
    I really dont know but I'm guessing if it looks tempered with then more than likely theyll mark it down..

Marksman

User Info Menu

Speaking of things being marked down at this very Academy location... A couple of years ago I bought the display model Remington RM380 pocket pistol. When all was said and done with me talking to the manager, I paid $56 for it.

Okay, I will admit, THAT DAY I paid $156 total for it out the door. Then three weeks later I received my $100 rebate check from Remington! I do not ever buy firearms from Academy, but I would have been a fool to pass up a sweet pocket pistol for about what a tank of gas cost. Awesome little .380, by the way.

Anyways, appreciate the heads up about this. I'll probably stop in on my way home this evening.
    Stephen WhoDat
    God Bless Our Troops!

Marksman

User Info Menu

Since all of the handguns in the display case have been removed from their boxes, they are gonna be 75% off too?��
    Colonel Talbot CSA

Marksman

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by glimmerman View Post
    Since all of the handguns in the display case have been removed from their boxes, they are gonna be 75% off too?��
    I would normally refuse to buy a firearm from academy, but im thinking, if this is so... Might buy one or 2 tomorrow
    If you are so proud of where you're from that you fly your flag everywhere, please go back there. Your flag offends me! American lives Matter!

Support LEO........
    Provide Backup!

User Info Menu

Ooooo snappp I needa deff make a trip to satisfy my gun craving...I deff need that Burris fast rmr did they have anymore?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Marksman

User Info Menu

You guys probably know this already but be sure to check head stamp on open box ammo. I got a 338 win round in a box of 7 mag one time. It could have come from The factory that way but I suspect somebody was comparing the two.