Academy sports in Metarie.be on the look out for major deals

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • moe24

Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Yesterday I went to Academy sports on veterans and scored this Burris fast fire 3 red dot for $35.
    I've seen it the day before marked for $149.99 and I told myself I'll come back the next day to buy it.
    Well I went to go get it and I noticed the box was open and a plate was missing,no big deal,I didnt need the plate anyways..

I'm telling u guys this because the gun counter Clerk told me once they finish remodeling, anything that's open box will be sold for 75%off including the ammo..

I took a stroll down the ammo isle and I noticed damn near every box of ammo on the shelf is open and has been tempered with,maybe people where going in there and stealing while Academy was doing the remodeling of the store.

So be on the lookout,I might head back there tonight and see if i can get a discount on a few boxes of hornady HD rounds thats been tempered with.
    51d5823c26da85dbaf18e5cbc9ad686c.jpg
    53d4431692bf93269347a498f0ad1888.jpg
    b9a08d12eaf24416f9d815a7f687af09.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Mxav

Rating - 100%
    63   0   0
    Nov 25, 2011
    New Orleans
    Da-damn! I'll be there after work, thanks for the heads up.
    How do we know if the item is marked down? If it looks "tampered" with?

Last edited:

moe24

Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Da-damn! I'll be there after work, thanks for the heads up.
    How do we know if the item is marked down? If it looks "tampered" with?
    I really dont know but I'm guessing if it looks tempered with then more than likely theyll mark it down..

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

MetalVendor

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    Jan 16, 2017
    Jefferson
    Speaking of things being marked down at this very Academy location... A couple of years ago I bought the display model Remington RM380 pocket pistol. When all was said and done with me talking to the manager, I paid $56 for it.

Okay, I will admit, THAT DAY I paid $156 total for it out the door. Then three weeks later I received my $100 rebate check from Remington! I do not ever buy firearms from Academy, but I would have been a fool to pass up a sweet pocket pistol for about what a tank of gas cost. Awesome little .380, by the way.

Anyways, appreciate the heads up about this. I'll probably stop in on my way home this evening.

glimmerman

Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 28, 2008
    CSA
    Since all of the handguns in the display case have been removed from their boxes, they are gonna be 75% off too?

datboyhieu01

Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    May 23, 2015
    Metairie
    Ooooo snappp I needa deff make a trip to satisfy my gun craving...I deff need that Burris fast rmr did they have anymore?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bmash

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2013
    Zachary, LA
    You guys probably know this already but be sure to check head stamp on open box ammo. I got a 338 win round in a box of 7 mag one time. It could have come from The factory that way but I suspect somebody was comparing the two.

Top Bottom