Ugly Weapons

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Obviously, ugly is a subjective term. What some people find visually appealing others do not.

I ran across this picture on an akm and it just bothers me. The opposite angle of the two grips would not be quite as bad if they were close to the same size, although their angles make it look like it wouldn't be too uncomfortable gripping it to point in the wrong direction. And the (not so) vertical grip in the front isn't straight. It's curved. But the curve of that grip is completely different from the curve of the magazine. It may be quite functional but it certainly doesn't look good doing it.

aE6rJIKQtDG_eif_ZfLETiIatXQoLY_n2Wcn3gJSOCs.jpg

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Really, children? Am I really going to have to lock my own thread the day it was started. This thread isn't to debate about Glock/1911 being the best. If people want to have that debate, feel free to start another thread. That way we can really be entertained as 1911 fans reminisce about the old days when the 1911 was still relevant and actually did top the list.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    The AK is the most beautiful rifle ever created.

you have bad taste OP.

I don't mind the look of an AK in general. And a vertical grip doesn't look too bad. Or even a front grip angled in a way similar to the rear grip. But the one in the picture with the donkey dong hanging off it at a random angle with a random curve doesn't look good. It's like someone dumped a box of random thicknesses, angles, and curves on the ground and said "Voila."

whbonney26

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Pearl River, LA
    I don't mind the look of an AK in general. And a vertical grip doesn't look too bad. Or even a front grip angled in a way similar to the rear grip. But the one in the picture with the donkey dong hanging off it at a random angle with a random curve doesn't look good. It's like someone dumped a box of random thicknesses, angles, and curves on the ground and said "Voila."

If you ever get a chance to shoot a full auto AK with that front grip you'll know exactly how well it works. I had the chance to before. I didn't hold it like a handle though but rather put my hand at the top with my thumb on the left side. Made it very easy to control and worked like a charm.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    If you ever get a chance to shoot a full auto AK with that front grip you'll know exactly how well it works. I had the chance to before. I didn't hold it like a handle though but rather put my hand at the top with my thumb on the left side. Made it very easy to control and worked like a charm.

I have no doubt it's functional. But if I wanted to have a serious discussion, this would be posted in off-topic. And imagine a hooker with teeth of varying widths and lengths that go off in different directions. Yeah, she's still functional as a hooker. But that doesn't make her aesthetically pleasing.

xobelkcat

tacklebox
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Jul 6, 2007
    Slidell, Louisiana
    And imagine a hooker with teeth of varying widths and lengths that go off in different directions. Yeah, she's still functional as a hooker. But that doesn't make her aesthetically pleasing.

Kudos to you sir for that comical and accurate metaphor!

I stayed away from this thread due to its derailment, even posted on the other *ugly gun* thread. But that post got me laughing.

As to the OP, I think that is the ugliest akm variant out there, with some close competition, but I feel that takes the cake.

I love the look of a few different akm variants so I’m not hating on ak’s in general.

Kuffaar

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 13, 2019
    Lafayette
    That’s actually ugly. Even if it works well I would be embarrassed to carry one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I could only imagine the look of confusion if this firearm was ever drawn on someone.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

Top Bottom