Join BayouShooter For Free

Page 1 of 3 12 ... LastLast
    Marksman

User Info Menu

New P365 w roughly 800 rds down the pipe so far

I'm about a month into new ownership of a new P365.

Born on Date on the box is April 9, 2019

I carried an LCP for a few years before the TSA took it (long story and very expensive mistake) then a Kahr PM9 and PM40 for about 10 years now in the front pocket of my Levis-both outfitted with a CT Laser in a very simple Galco holster my Dad used for an old J-Frame the local cobbler modified for me.

At Cabella's a few weeks back the gun counter guy told me about this fairly new Sig. 10+1 in the size of one of the Kahr PM guns made me perk up and take a look. Always wanting to support buying local, I picked it up from LA Gun and Reloading here in Baton Rouge. Brian is a good dude and is who I buy all of my reloading supplies from.

The first range trip got 400 rounds of WWB. No fail to fires or feeds but I had 3 failure to return to battery malfunctions. A quick tap of the back of the slide and it functioned fine. I didn't clean or lube the pistol once I got it-wanted to see how it would behave. Overall, I was tickled with this new gun.

After mounting up one of those green CT Lasers, I ran another 200 WWB rounds and another 200 Federal FMJ rounds. Major muzzle flash with these things, not so much at all with the WWB FMJs.

After another 400 rounds today with a dirty pistol and I didn't have one malfunction.

We'll see how my preferred standard pressure 124gr HST's behave on the next trip to the range.

This things a shooter and the first Sig in the collection.
    I got a 1 1/2" guard rail nut on a 6 foot piece of 550 cord. It's not uber-tactical, but one smack in the grape and its coloring books for Christmas.

On Target

User Info Menu

After holding the P365, I was amazed it could hold 10 rounds. I definitely want one to carry, but I'm still a little "gun shy"

Sic semper tyrannis

User Info Menu

I like mine... alot. Born on oct 2018. I let any customer who is interested in buying one go down and shoot it. I can keep a sub 6" group at 50ft with it...pretty impressive for a micro carry gun. Theres got to be at least 1000rds plus through mine.
    Free men are not equal. Equal men are not free.

I like guns because they're f*cking awesome.

Marksman

Premium Member

User Info Menu

Really impressed with my 365. Its the perfect size.
    Motorcycles and guns, how fun....

La. CHP Instructor #409

Premium Member

User Info Menu

If I had 3 malfunctions in the first 400 rounds with a new pistol I would be disappointed.

On Target

User Info Menu

I may have to take you up on this, I was dead set on getting one after I qualified, and wound up with a G43, it just didn’t feel right in my hand. Then the issues and all.

Still on on my radar though.

Marksman

User Info Menu

The failure to return to battery events were when I was limp wristing the pistol-holding it like a wet noodle just to see how it would behave.

Overall, I'm super pleased with this thing.

Now to find a suitable simple leather pocket holster similar to the one I use for the PM9 that soon will be retired to the safe.
    I got a 1 1/2" guard rail nut on a 6 foot piece of 550 cord. It's not uber-tactical, but one smack in the grape and its coloring books for Christmas.

Marksman

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by dirty_sanchez View Post
    The failure to return to battery events were when I was limp wristing the pistol-holding it like a wet noodle just to see how it would behave.

Overall, I'm super pleased with this thing.

Now to find a suitable simple leather pocket holster similar to the one I use for the PM9 that soon will be retired to the safe.
    dirty_sanchez, Please stop using WWB aka Crap! Mine was made April 5, 2018. I shoot it regularly using Blazer Brass or my old carry ammo and never had a malfunction. My pocket holster is a Remora.

La. CHP Instructor #409

Premium Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bonephish View Post
    dirty_sanchez, Please stop using WWB aka Crap! Mine was made April 5, 2018. I shoot it regularly using Blazer Brass or my old carry ammo and never had a malfunction. My pocket holster is a Remora.
    You are using another Crap round.

Marksman

User Info Menu

I was out of my 9mm reloads.

Such harsh words Obi Wan.

Relax. I happen to like WWB. To each his own.