New P365 w roughly 800 rds down the pipe so far

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dirty_sanchez

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    I'm about a month into new ownership of a new P365.

Born on Date on the box is April 9, 2019

I carried an LCP for a few years before the TSA took it (long story and very expensive mistake) then a Kahr PM9 and PM40 for about 10 years now in the front pocket of my Levis-both outfitted with a CT Laser in a very simple Galco holster my Dad used for an old J-Frame the local cobbler modified for me.

At Cabella's a few weeks back the gun counter guy told me about this fairly new Sig. 10+1 in the size of one of the Kahr PM guns made me perk up and take a look. Always wanting to support buying local, I picked it up from LA Gun and Reloading here in Baton Rouge. Brian is a good dude and is who I buy all of my reloading supplies from.

The first range trip got 400 rounds of WWB. No fail to fires or feeds but I had 3 failure to return to battery malfunctions. A quick tap of the back of the slide and it functioned fine. I didn't clean or lube the pistol once I got it-wanted to see how it would behave. Overall, I was tickled with this new gun.

After mounting up one of those green CT Lasers, I ran another 200 WWB rounds and another 200 Federal FMJ rounds. Major muzzle flash with these things, not so much at all with the WWB FMJs.

After another 400 rounds today with a dirty pistol and I didn't have one malfunction.

We'll see how my preferred standard pressure 124gr HST's behave on the next trip to the range.

This things a shooter and the first Sig in the collection.

rcm192

Sic semper tyrannis
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    111   0   0
    May 31, 2010
    New Orleans area
    I like mine... alot. Born on oct 2018. I let any customer who is interested in buying one go down and shoot it. I can keep a sub 6" group at 50ft with it...pretty impressive for a micro carry gun. Theres got to be at least 1000rds plus through mine.

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    If I had 3 malfunctions in the first 400 rounds with a new pistol I would be disappointed.

Martman300

Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 12, 2018
    Gretna, la
    I may have to take you up on this, I was dead set on getting one after I qualified, and wound up with a G43, it just didn’t feel right in my hand. Then the issues and all.

Still on on my radar though.

dirty_sanchez

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    The failure to return to battery events were when I was limp wristing the pistol-holding it like a wet noodle just to see how it would behave.

Overall, I'm super pleased with this thing.

Now to find a suitable simple leather pocket holster similar to the one I use for the PM9 that soon will be retired to the safe.

Bonephish

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 11, 2016
    Slidell, LA
    The failure to return to battery events were when I was limp wristing the pistol-holding it like a wet noodle just to see how it would behave.

Overall, I'm super pleased with this thing.

Now to find a suitable simple leather pocket holster similar to the one I use for the PM9 that soon will be retired to the safe.

dirty_sanchez, Please stop using WWB aka Crap! Mine was made April 5, 2018. I shoot it regularly using Blazer Brass or my old carry ammo and never had a malfunction. My pocket holster is a Remora.

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    dirty_sanchez, Please stop using WWB aka Crap! Mine was made April 5, 2018. I shoot it regularly using Blazer Brass or my old carry ammo and never had a malfunction. My pocket holster is a Remora.

You are using another Crap round.

dirty_sanchez

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    I was out of my 9mm reloads.

Such harsh words Obi Wan.

Relax. I happen to like WWB. To each his own.

brewer3401

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2012
    Only 260 through mine so far. Have not used the 10 round mags, only the 12 round. 12 round mag has to be "broken in" - nightmare loading 3rd round. Assembly of mags is much fun also - spring is a beast. Love the gun. It's my suit/sports coat/formal gun - regular carry 320 X Carry. My born on is 02-22-19

sportsbud

Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Jan 16, 2013
    NOLA
    Took mine too the range again. This time actually did a good rest to test accuracy. Found my normal carry ammo the Barnes TAC-XPD is hitting extremely low from POA like 6" low at 10 yards. The 365 ammo is perfect though right at POA and very good grouping. May just switch to that ammo since it's a decent performer as well.

Only one light strike on Monarch crap ammo lol. I really really like the way this weapon feels when shooting.

Also made sure to blow my eardrums with my ported 4" Tracker 44mag. Lol

Sent from my E6910 using Tapatalk

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    I’ve kinda been wanting a P365 for a while. Anyone know if there’s any LE Sig dealers around Br?

I do not know of any LEA Sig Dealers in BR but I know the IOP price for the P365 is $448.
    I would try Interstate Guns in Hammond at 985-520-0948

Last edited:

Law1911

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 15, 2009
    Denham Springs
    I do not know of any LEA Sig Dealers in BR but I know the IOP price for the P365 is $448.
    I would try Interstate Guns in Hammond at 985-520-0948

Thank you sir! The 365 has always kind of intrigued me. I’ve also thought about trying to barter a trade for my Glock 26 gen4 for one.

rcm192

Sic semper tyrannis
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    111   0   0
    May 31, 2010
    New Orleans area
    Theres probably over 1K or more through mine now.... Shes a dirty girl thats been passed around to anyone who shows interest. I was spanking a medium steel gong around 80 yards this past weekend with it. Pretty impressive.

Law1911

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 15, 2009
    Denham Springs
    Ended up coming across a good deal on a used 365 so I scooped it up. Looking forward to running some rds though it soon. I’ve always been a Glock guy but that 365 has always caught my eye. Hopefully I didn’t get a dud

Law1911

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 15, 2009
    Denham Springs
    Finally got a chance to run some rounds through it today. Started out with 50 rds of Winchester 124 grain NATO, followed by 200 rds of cheap federal champion 115 grain Ammo. It rain flawlessly through the first 250. The last 50, I went back to the NATO rds and had one failure to return to battery. I also had 2-3 light primer strikes in that last 50. Going to clean it up real good and go shoot it again soon. I know those NATO rds sometimes have hard primers so I don’t know if it would be an ammo issue or a gun issue. It’s a early run (Jan 2018) gun so it might need to go back to Sig

Last edited:
    Top Bottom