In other news, water is wet...

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MALIBU12

Rating - 100%
    71   0   2
    Sep 16, 2008
    slidell
    you-dont-say-memes-com-14014390.png

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Maybe, perhaps; boys will be boys! Who doubts that young female sailors fantasize about the male sailors?

But, I seriously question the intelligence of the "men" on the "nuclear" submarine who think that such a "digital" list on a "Government" owned computer network would be easily concealed from eventual scrutiny.

It also reads as if this was, a "good o'l boys" chain of command. That's kind of crappy!

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Maybe, perhaps; boys will be boys! Who doubts that young female sailors fantasize about the male sailors?

But, I seriously question the intelligence of the "men" on the "nuclear" submarine who think that such a "digital" list on a "Government" owned computer network would be easily concealed from eventual scrutiny.

It also reads as if this was, a "good o'l boys" chain of command. That's kind of crappy!

The "government" owned computer network mostly means traffic to and from the outside world is heavily regulated. The comings and goings within the network are not as regulated. Someone with a little bit of computer knowledge could easily put a small text file in a hidden folder on a network drive that would go undetected with all but a very thorough search.

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you
    Agreed water is wet.

For what it’s worth the females I’ve come across that are/where military know what they were dealing with and more often than not were just as fifthy.

On one hand it’s lib-tards screaming women should be equal in every way including laws pertaining to nipple exposure (not opposed to this one myself). They claim women are as tough deserve equal pay and opportunity including serving in combat environments but then they can’t handle something as childish as a screw list. If you can’t handle something this childish how on earth could you handle being gangbanged next to a goat by a dozen Taliban fighters?

RaleighReloader

Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Jan 30, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/sa...report-says/ar-AABARFL?li=BBnb7Kz&ocid=LENDHP

How is anyone surprised that a crew made up mostly of barely out of high school males would do the modern day equivalent of passing a folded up notebook page around the class?

It's all fun and games until one of these teenaged knuckleheads decides to forceably act out one of these fantasies. I don't give a damn of the military was/is a male culture ... everyone (especially those in our military) deserves a level of respect and dignity.

I hope that these lowlifes are kicked out of the military and spend the next few years pushing a broom in a fast food restaurant.

Mike

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you
    It's all fun and games until one of these teenaged knuckleheads decides to forceably act out one of these fantasies. I don't give a damn of the military was/is a male culture ... everyone (especially those in our military) deserves a level of respect and dignity.

I hope that these lowlifes are kicked out of the military and spend the next few years pushing a broom in a fast food restaurant.

Mike

Being a pervert and being a predator are very different things. Is it inappropriate? Yes. Do they all deserve better? Absolutely. Is this a problem as serious as it has been taken? Not really. Does it call into question the level of vetting we do before we take a group of guys a put them in a tin can with some of the finest nuclear weaponry this planet has ever seen? Probably.

I just find it equally as childish to expect to be treated as an equal and with kit gloves simultaneously.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    The "government" owned computer network mostly means traffic to and from the outside world is heavily regulated. The comings and goings within the network are not as regulated. Someone with a little bit of computer knowledge could easily put a small text file in a hidden folder on a network drive that would go undetected with all but a very thorough search.

It obviously was searched thoroughly (74 page report says). You know what Ben Franklin said about a secret; Three can keep it, if two of them are dead! This was apparently a multitude of guys, going in and out of said list, and two of them spilled the beans on the others.

I'm thinking this list would have been far better concealed, written on toilet paper, in a capsule, and lodged up one of their a**holes.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    It obviously was searched thoroughly (74 page report says). You know what Ben Franklin said about a secret; Three can keep it, if two of them are dead! This was apparently a multitude of guys, going in and out of said list, and two of them spilled the beans on the others.

I'm thinking this list would have been far better concealed, written on toilet paper, in a capsule, and lodged up one of their a**holes.

From Military.com"
    "A search of the submarine's network failed to locate the lists on the drives. Kercher even Googled ways to search a network so he could find the lists himself, the report states.
    The Naval Criminal Investigative Service got involved but, after a "thorough forensic search of the submarine's computer networks and drives," they too were unable to locate the lists, said Cmdr. Sarah Self-Kyler, a spokeswoman for U.S. Submarine Forces."
    https://www.military.com/daily-news...ist-aboard-navys-2nd-sub-integrate-women.html

Unless the 74 page report stated something neither article mentioned, it would appear no a**holes were needed to hide the list. Either it's really well hidden or it was hidden good enough to not be found before it was able to be deleted. Like I said, someone with a little bit of computer knowledge could likely hide it with ease. So it appears you got the answer to your question about the intelligence of the men who thought the digital files wouldn't be found. They don't seem to be as dumb as you would like them to be.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    From Military.com"
    "A search of the submarine's network failed to locate the lists on the drives. Kercher even Googled ways to search a network so he could find the lists himself, the report states.
    The Naval Criminal Investigative Service got involved but, after a "thorough forensic search of the submarine's computer networks and drives," they too were unable to locate the lists, said Cmdr. Sarah Self-Kyler, a spokeswoman for U.S. Submarine Forces."
    https://www.military.com/daily-news...ist-aboard-navys-2nd-sub-integrate-women.html

Unless the 74 page report stated something neither article mentioned, it would appear no a**holes were needed to hide the list. Either it's really well hidden or it was hidden good enough to not be found before it was able to be deleted. Like I said, someone with a little bit of computer knowledge could likely hide it with ease. So it appears you got the answer to your question about the intelligence of the men who thought the digital files wouldn't be found. They don't seem to be as dumb as you would like them to be.

The 74-page investigative report reveals two lists — one with Yelplike star ratings on the women and another containing *lewd and sexist comments* beside each woman’s name, according to Military.com.

So is this issue about the lists themselves and the demeaning of the women, or the lists being on the vessel's computers, or the cover up by the chain of command? I just read the article as posted here. If there is no physical evidence of "the lists", what are we talking about here?

I am also considering the article's source.

RaleighReloader

Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Jan 30, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    On one hand it’s lib-tards screaming women should be equal in every way including laws pertaining to nipple exposure (not opposed to this one myself). They claim women are as tough deserve equal pay and opportunity including serving in combat environments but then they can’t handle something as childish as a screw list. If you can’t handle something this childish how on earth could you handle being gangbanged next to a goat by a dozen Taliban fighters?

Where do they keep the goats on the submarine? :D

Mike

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    So is this issue about the lists themselves and the demeaning of the women, or the lists being on the vessel's computers, or the cover up by the chain of command? I just read the article as posted here. If there is no physical evidence of "the lists", what are we talking about here?

I am also considering the article's source.

The article(s) mention a male printing out a list and giving a copy to a female (list with stars). He then printed out the other list (list with comments) and gave it to her. She took pictures and sent them to her boyfriend and other Navy personnel not on the boat because she felt like the officers on the boat may be trying to cover it up. When you get down to it, we know there's a list because there are pictures of it and possibly a copy of it but the original list from which the printouts were said to have originated was never found. If the male was giving the lists to the females, it would not be unreasonable to think he would cooperate with an investigation and would have shown someone where on the network the list was stored. Maybe he did or maybe he didn't. Maybe the original list got deleted or maybe it originated somewhere else and the "server" was used so he could help stop it without pointing a finger at a specific individual. A guy with marginal computer skills could have hid the list on the server and deleted it so an inexperienced computer user, perhaps one relying on Google, would not be able to find it. But it may take a little more computer knowledge to delete it so it won't show up in a forensic search. It's certainly possible but it takes a little more than emptying the trash can on the desktop.

Being one of the sources is Military.com, I tend to give the information a little more weight.

So it appears the issue I was addressing, the issue you initiated, was the intelligence of the guys on the sub for hiding the file on the network where it could be easily found.

Abby Normal

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 16, 2014
    Metry
    No woman should get in a boat that's full of Seamen. It had to be said.

KDerekT83

Hobbyist
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Hahahaha.... This **** is just dumb... When i was on the KittyHawk, there was all kinds of dumb **** like this going on. Everyone knew. nobody cared. It was all fun and games... These guys need to be left alone to do their jobs. If a female wants to serve on a submarine in the Navy, thats great. But she needs realize that **** like this is gonna happen. She is afterall, surrounded by a bunch of hardlegs that have to go months on end sometimes without getting laid... Us Navy boys get horny. Lol....

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you
    Last edited:

jkingrph

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2007
    Agreed water is wet.

For what it’s worth the females I’ve come across that are/where military know what they were dealing with and more often than not were just as fifthy.

I was in Izmir, Turkey back in 71-74 as a USAF pharmacy officer at a small hospital supporting a major NATO headquarter & logistics site. About mid tour for me, the Army contingent got in a company of WACS, young enlisted women. Prior to that the only female service women we had were a few of our commissioned nurses. Not long after those WAVES arrived our VD rate went out the roof.

A couple of years later back in the states in a much larger regional hospital i had 4 young enlisted women as part of my pharmacy technician group. One was married, one dated and later married one of the male pharmacy technicians, the other two were single. All were ladies in every sense of the word.

In that era i guess that was an indicator of the quality of the people the different services were taking in.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Lyle.lejeune2017
    Top Bottom