People who carry while running/exercising

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    Old, Disabled and unable to run now but carried IWB when I was able to run.

Forgotten

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 30, 2016
    Lafayette, LA
    If your fast you can out run criminals. Practice ducking and weaving while running to avoid bullets and up your chances of not getting hit.

*This doesn’t apply to treadmills*

Tboy

Moving forward
    Rating - 100%
    87   0   0
    Jul 14, 2008
    Greenwell Springs
    When I ran I went smaller and carried iwb. Pocket carry for exercise. I’ve got a lady friend that carry’s a S&W 642 in belly band to workout with. It’s an interesting idea but I’d sweat too much for it.

Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    94   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    cardio... med. running pace, 7.65ish min miles for 2-3 miles depending on my attitude.. keep in mind Im 5'6" with short legs lol.. and when I don't carry a pistol I run with SABRE ADVANCED Compact Pepper Spray with Clip mostly for dogs.. I run in rule Livingston parish, you would be surprised how many wild mean dogs they got out and about lol. Also I never run with ear phones... I wanna hear cars and my surroundings. Even though its amazing how fast and quiet a dog can run up on the back of you..

glock 43 9mm
    iwb appendix @1:00
    95% incog g-code eclipse (the felt really helps hold it in place
    5% cya holster
    running/basketball shorts with draw string pulled tight
    white or yellow semi baggy shirt

incog link
    https://www.tacticalholsters.com/product/incog-eclipse/

cya link
    https://www.cyasupply.com/products/glock-43-iwb-holster-right-hand-black

SABRE ADVANCED Compact Pepper Spray link
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0007VM8UC/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

RedStickChick

-Global Mod-
    Premium Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2012
    Baton Rouge
    Super helpful, thanks y'all.

My biggest issue is that clothing designed for women is basically second skin. I ordered a belly band and I'll see how it works. I've caught the run/ride bug and it's been itching late at night believe it or not :eek4:

Tboy

Moving forward
    Rating - 100%
    87   0   0
    Jul 14, 2008
    Greenwell Springs

My biggest issue is that clothing designed for women is basically second skin. I ordered a belly band and I'll see how it works. I've caught the run/ride bug and it's been itching late at night believe it or not :eek4:

Invest in a treadmill?

Prolly wise enough to know running at night is not a great idea around BR. I’d be skeered to do that. Even looking like I do.

MetalVendor

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    Jan 16, 2017
    Jefferson

Check this out:
    https://www.gungoddess.com/blogs/concealed-carry/carrying-concealed-while-running-or-exercising

Also, if you do a quick Googly search for "CONCEALED CARRY OPTIONS FOR FEMALE JOGGERS" a handful of very informative youtube videos pop up. Should help ya out.

Tboy

Moving forward
    Rating - 100%
    87   0   0
    Jul 14, 2008
    Greenwell Springs
    That’s a pretty neat site for lady’s gear.

Something that came to mind that I didn’t see was an armband holster. Something an lcp or similar would fit in and be in plain sight. They carry huge phones etc on the arm. A arm band holster would fit right in.

Jmfox3

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 27, 2009
    When I ran it was a fanny pack designed for carry. They have a tight pouch surrounded by Velcro. Also need a smallish gun. Both are the only things that I found comfortable while running. Everything else the gun just bounced around too much. Good luck.

Akajun

Go away,Batin...
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Apr 10, 2008
    Brusly
    Im kind of in the same boat, but the options for a man are less. I figured women could always stash something in their sportsbra.
    My problem is I hate running with anything, phone, earbuds, watch, shirt ( ill tolerate a shirt in the wintertime but often end up with rub marks chaffing), etc as my skin get easily irritated. tried a belly band holser So far the answer is just running in a safe area and keeping aware of my surroundings and dodging trouble. However I was thinking of trying one of those armbands for an I phone and stashing a NA Arms 22lr revolver in it and see if that irritates me.

NolaRick

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2019
    NOLA
    I stash my P320 subcompact in the outer pocket of the drink caddy of my girls twin jogging stroller. It's so handy that I kind of like running with the stroller even if the girls aren't with me.

DynoLa

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 11, 2009
    Shreveport
    Tommy Gun fanny pack with a M&P shield, car keys, and cell phone in it.

Top Bottom