ATF Looking for Fully Automatic Glocks.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    In fact, the case mentioned in the article is for a convicted felon, someone who might fall into your "stereotypical hood rat" category.

Just to clarify. I'm not suggesting that one sample is representative of the entire group. That would not be a logical conclusion. I also believe there's a high probability that if Billy Jojimbob been arrested by the ATF and his 47 guns and 22000 rounds had been confiscated, left leaning news organizations would have been eager to publish that case as well. I know the absence of evidence is not the evidence of absence so maybe Billy Jojimbob was arrested and MSN elected to not mention it.

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you
    I agree with some of what you are saying. I believe it's unlikely those things would be seen in a large number of violent crimes that would have been committed even without those parts. But I disagree with hood rats and weirdos not having the ability to install them. The internet is full of information. In fact, the case mentioned in the article is for a convicted felon, someone who might fall into your "stereotypical hood rat" category.

I suspect a lot of the people buying this thing are the same people who buy "solvent traps" and are doing it for the novelty. That doesn't make it any less illegal. But the enforcement of the laws with respect to this item have been going on for a little while now and the product is far from new. The Firearm Blog did an article on the thing in September 2017. (see link at end)

Also, I looked through the article in the first post for the quote that makes it sound like weaponized Ebola but I was unable to recognize it. I've pulled most of the quotes from the article that came from a person and listed them here. Could you please let us know which quote you are referring to? Or perhaps it was one of the small quotes that appear to have come from some document or paper?

1. "people who may be a danger to the community."
    2. "We're working it. We want to nip this in the bud. We want to get these things off the street."
    3. "revealed over 3,800 sales transactions by US customers who are believed to have illegally purchased and obtained"
    4. "They're not for hunting. They're not for home protection." ..."drive-bys and mass shootings."
    5. "You've got agents knocking on the doors of people potentially armed with fully automatic weapons."
    6. "That sounds like a significant number. How many other thousands are there that we don't know about."

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2017/09/14/want-to-make-your-glock-full-auto/

Ok so the Ebola comment is hyperbole, but all of those comments are a bit of an over-sale. Five is especially silly since the ATF deals specifically with guns as one of their main duties. Six has a alarmist feel to it. I’m context with each other it’s fairly amusing.

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Ok so the Ebola comment is hyperbole, but all of those comments are a bit of an over-sale. Five is especially silly since the ATF deals specifically with guns as one of their main duties. Six has a alarmist feel to it. I’m context with each other it’s fairly amusing.

You know, That story just quietly disappeared The Ebola dude in Texas and 200 people that were exposed to the virus.
    Tin foil says that all were quarantined and quietly let the virus run its course?

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA

They regularly deal with people with guns but dealing with people who have fully automatic weapons is more of an outlying case. With that in mind, I don't see it as silly. I actually see it as a fact. There's a higher probability of them having a full auto weapon than when they are investigating a straw purchase.

And I was all set to disagree with you on #6 but I looked at it again. I don't believe it's as alarmist as you but I believe it was said to instill a little worry. If they were able to track those things from one website and the things were being sold by multiple sites and imported with a incorrect description on the customs label, it's reasonable to believe there are some that got shipped that they don't know about. If he had said "how many others are there that we don't know about" I wouldn't call it alarmist. I'd call it a simple rhetorical question. But using the word "thousands" with an "s" puts a number in people's head even though there's no way to know if that number is accurate. And "thousands" makes people think of more than one of them, so 2 or 3 or 4 thousand? That's not unreasonable considering they tracked 2900 (thousands) of them. So yeah, a little alarmist putting a starting point in people's mind given they have no idea if they don't know about 127 of them or 5737 of them.

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you
    They regularly deal with people with guns but dealing with people who have fully automatic weapons is more of an outlying case. With that in mind, I don't see it as silly. I actually see it as a fact. There's a higher probability of them having a full auto weapon than when they are investigating a straw purchase.

And I was all set to disagree with you on #6 but I looked at it again. I don't believe it's as alarmist as you but I believe it was said to instill a little worry. If they were able to track those things from one website and the things were being sold by multiple sites and imported with a incorrect description on the customs label, it's reasonable to believe there are some that got shipped that they don't know about. If he had said "how many others are there that we don't know about" I wouldn't call it alarmist. I'd call it a simple rhetorical question. But using the word "thousands" with an "s" puts a number in people's head even though there's no way to know if that number is accurate. And "thousands" makes people think of more than one of them, so 2 or 3 or 4 thousand? That's not unreasonable considering they tracked 2900 (thousands) of them. So yeah, a little alarmist putting a starting point in people's mind given they have no idea if they don't know about 127 of them or 5737 of them.

I don’t know maybe it’s my cynical nature, reading through those quotes this is what came to mind.

IDK maybe it’s the fact that 3 round bursts and semiautomatic fire is more useful for non-belt fed small arms fire. Maybe it’s the fact that a glock that runs like a sewing machine is mostly useless combined with my expectation for a target customer it just feels more like a gym teacher searching for phony hall passes, than dangerous people possessing dangerous contraband being tracked down. I wouldn’t rule out my cynicism.

Last edited:

Magdump

Don’t troll me bro!
    Rating - 100%
    163   0   0
    Dec 31, 2013
    Hammond, Louisiana
    Truefully I’m conflating a two topics.

My overarching point as it relates to the fire control parts investigation is the quoted opinings of the ATF officials seems a little on the chicken little side of cautious.

Supporting my point, as I see it there are three potential customer bases for such a product.

The stereotypical hood rat. Likely can’t install parts

The weirdos who might commit mass shootings. Same problem

And

The militia/mall ninja/gecko45 types. They likely have the skills and interest to install the parts but are usually a bigger danger to themselves.

Additionally the near uncontrollably of such an abomination would render it near useless to most users.

So quotes in the first post that make it sound like weaponized Ebola has been imported because a bunch of doofuses got their hands on some illegal hardware amuses me.

The second point I was attempting to make is the drum-beat over the last few years that the white guy who is a little overly gung-ho about freedom and likes to play with guns is our biggest threat to national security only second to global warming, is equally amusing.
    I got you the first post.
    I think maybe the ATF needs the public to see them as saviors after all the sorry crap they’ve been involved in over the years. Take your pick since the early 90’s. I’ll list it if anyone don’t know they’re history. So now they’ve found some big Ching Chong boogie man that they can save us all from. Still don’t negate all the snafu fubar ops that they’ve run on the decent populous of this country, all the lies they’ve told and the atrocities they’ve committed since their inception. Regardless of who’s in charge they’ve always been one of the worst alphabet clubs in US history. I can promise you that no matter how many big bad Glock machine guns they take out of the preschools this year, it won’t make up for all the deaths they caused running guns for the Mexican drug cartels....or the lives of US citizens they’ve taken or ruined for no good reason.

340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    Just found a shirt video on YouTube by nevertomuchammo if a full auto 38 super mag dump. Check it out. Seems to be a fairly flat shooter. Of course it’s probably only 8-9 rounds but it still looks cool and manageable.

I saw on TV Joe M. Dump a whole Extended Mag and it was 100% controlled. The magazine looked to be homemade by the gunsmith of 2 mags placed together well.
    Keep in mind this work was legal back then as before the NFA
    Back then 1911's were 38 super and 45acp so the 38 super. Yes the later made some target 22lr service and 38spl {5 shots}

Last edited:

Coyote5.0

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 4, 2016
    Prairieville
    We got a few at the shop and full auto glocks suck. In fact if every gangbanger had full auto glocks there would probably be fewer deaths from gun violence. Empties a mag faster than you can reload and can't hit anything

Their in lies a problem. Intended target is in a group. Drive by perp sprays and prays hitting innocent bystanders. Intended target gets away unscaved. I totally agree semi is way more accurate. But these mods in the hands of idiots are even more dangerous.

Last edited:

Jadams74

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 16, 2019
    Ponchatoula, Louisiana
    You don't need a device to turn them full auto. Officers are seeing Glock's that have been converted to fire full auto and even 3 round bursts on the streets and after interviewing a few of the suspects, some with violent felonies on their jackets, they get them done by middle easterners who own or work at stores in the community. The only thing is, the gun doesn't last long before it's unusable. It lasts long enough though. They don't care though. You and might be able to pick up a used Glock for $400 or more while they just buy them stolen for $250-$300 max. I have yet to see or hear of one of these devices used in a shooting, but I with the ghetto conversions.
    My opinion is that the 2nd amendment is supposed to protect US citizen's Right to bear arms and the government violated that Right in 1934 with the 1st gun control laws and have continued to do so through re-interpretation, mis-interpretation, mis-representation and just flat out ignoring those Rights. They're deliberately keeping firearms out of the hands of citizens and the only ones who will be left armed are the government and the criminals, and sometimes it's hard to tell the difference between the two!

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    You don't need a device to turn them full auto. Officers are seeing Glock's that have been converted to fire full auto and even 3 round bursts on the streets and after interviewing a few of the suspects, some with violent felonies on their jackets, they get them done by middle easterners who own or work at stores in the community. The only thing is, the gun doesn't last long before it's unusable. It lasts long enough though. They don't care though. You and might be able to pick up a used Glock for $400 or more while they just buy them stolen for $250-$300 max. I have yet to see or hear of one of these devices used in a shooting, but I with the ghetto conversions.
    My opinion is that the 2nd amendment is supposed to protect US citizen's Right to bear arms and the government violated that Right in 1934 with the 1st gun control laws and have continued to do so through re-interpretation, mis-interpretation, mis-representation and just flat out ignoring those Rights. They're deliberately keeping firearms out of the hands of citizens and the only ones who will be left armed are the government and the criminals, and sometimes it's hard to tell the difference between the two!

What officers are seeing this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you

Interesting 3round burst you say? With no parts add? That would be interesting to see.

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    I Have Heard of Glock owners trying to do a "Trigger Job" causing their pistol to double and triple with 1 trigger pull.

ozarkpugs

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2018
    US Zanoni mo
    Pinterest has had blueprints and part listings to convert glocks for a long time . I remember a chap in Kiethville who had one converted years ago but I never had the urge to play with it . China don't know who they are dealing with ,BAT man doesn't like competition when it comes to arming thugs and gangsters .

Sent from my Moto E (4) using Tapatalk

Top Bottom