Do you carry at work?

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Markmmg

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 12, 2010
    No way jose. I work at an engineering and architecture firm. They would think I had lost my mind. Also it is in our employee manual that firearms are not allowed at work, so I would be fired if I carried at work. I have my gun in my vehicle hidden.

stratowalt

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2017
    Maurice, LA
    I ankle carry. I tried my regular AIWB rig, but my job is too physical to carry it comfortably while maintaining concealment. It's not ideal, but I still have it available.

Shawshank Redemption - "I mean, seriously... How often do you really look at a man's shoes?"

whitsend

-Global Mod-
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Sep 6, 2009
    Transylvania, LA
    Yep.
    My boss is aware I carry and the CEO of the client site I'm usually at is also aware. They both also carry.
    They both just asked that I keep it concealed so snowflakes don't get upset.

jkingrph

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2007
    Yes. I am a semi, mostly retired pharmacist and still do some relief work. A couple of years ago i had a smart ass come in with a bandana on his face like a bandits mask. I turned around and saw him and my hand went immediately to my concealed handgun. Fortunately both of his empty hands were on the counter. I told him in no polite terms to take the mask off. He made some smart remark and i replied he could be shot first entering some businesses.

MetalVendor

Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    Jan 16, 2017
    Jefferson
    Just in case anyone doesn't know this , tradesmen are some of the most armed people out there .
    As a plumber who spends 50% of his time in and around the area this happened , yeah I may keep a few ready.

As someone who works for a plumbing supply warehouse and interacts with lots of plumbers on a daily basis, I can totally vouch for this. Probably about 40-50% of guys I talk to carry.

Markmmg

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 12, 2010
    "Heh. Work on a military base, and no-one is allowed to have a gun. How stupid is that?"

I spent 6 years in the military and I did not trust many of the guys in my unit with guns. Many were idiots and a couple were know drug users. Luckily we only had live rounds when we went to the range to qualify.

Last edited:

Mannelite

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2019
    Covington, Louisiana
    No, but I should. I've carried my springfield 911 a couple times on accident and no one noticed. I would get fired immediately if anyone in my office reported I had a gun.... and I bet a lot of these suckers would..... If for whatever reason my shirt slid up and someone saw it I could get fired... Instead I just carry a tactical pocket knife, in the case of an active shooter, I plan on hiding behind a corner and stabbing the face as he passes by. Work is the only place I do not regularly carry.

Expert684

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Lafayette
    I got a gun safe at work, my son carries. Needless to say we might have an edge, kinda just depends? :hi5:

Lets_Ride

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 15, 2013
    New Orleans, Louisiana
    Against company policy but my truck is right outside the back door and my office is right inside the backdoor. Just slip out the back, select the best tool for the job and circle around front.

jkingrph

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2007
    I spent ten years active duty as a USAF officer, two years of that at an assignment in Turkey where we had a large army contingent. Had it been allowed, I would have been ok with most of the officers and senior NCO's carrying, but the very young enlisted troops, especially some of those army guys, no way. Back stateside again young enlisted, especially in barracks, no way again.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Lyle.lejeune2017
    Top Bottom