Join BayouShooter For Free

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 34
    Marksman

User Info Menu

Just call me Woody from now on.

User Info Menu

Dollar shave club does not impress me, nor does any of the modern Gillette offerings. Some years back i got interested in old razors and amassed a small collection of old razors, Gillette, Gem, and Schick. My favorite is an old Gem 1912 Damaskeen open comb. There are some excellent new double edge styles available in stainless steel as well as some larger single edge types that use the Japanese Feather Artists Club type blades, which was originally designed as an injector for a straight edge style razor. I tried it and some regular straight edge razors, and have a difficult time getting a good edge on the straights. I also have a couple of sets of vintage Wilkerson razors that use 7 day blades, basically a piece of a straight razor that is also hand sharpened, they arel labeled by day so they can be easlily rotated through the week

If you really want to learn about shaving and all the associated products available look at the forum badgerandblade.com

REVOLVER DRIVER

User Info Menu

I heard about this on the radio this morning and was like WTF?!

- - - Updated - - -

Of course I use a safety razor and mug shaving soap.
    The difficult i can do right away, the impossible may take a little longer.

On Target

User Info Menu

For those of you who like Dollar Shave Club, hereís a tip. Their razors come from Dorco, a leading brand in Asia. You can buy Dorco direct and save 30% and more. There are also some other models of handles and refills that Dollar does not carry.

I purchased Dollar and the Dorco for a while.

However, Dorco/Dollar blades arenít as sharp and donít last as long as ďAmericanĒ brands. A Dollar customer service rep even admitted that to me in a phone call. At first he tried to talk me out of quitting. When I said that I didnít find them to be as sharp or last as long, he said ďYeah, if thatís the issue, we canít fix it.Ē

I kept track of durability with a log and found that the Gillette 5-blade refills had the best service life for me. I had one that went over 3 months! BTW, I shave very closely every day and have a moderately coarse beard. The secret for me is cleaning with very hot water and tapping well after every shave. I also keep it out of my wifeís reach.

Iím surprised that Gillette decided to get into the gender identity arena. I have no cares about who is what or wants to be. I just wonder why they decided to do this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Marksman

User Info Menu

Y
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthernUnderGod View Post
    For those of you who like Dollar Shave Club, here’s a tip. Their razors come from Dorco, a leading brand in Asia. You can buy Dorco direct and save 30% and more. There are also some other models of handles and refills that Dollar does not carry.

I purchased Dollar and the Dorco for a while.

However, Dorco/Dollar blades aren’t as sharp and don’t last as long as *American* brands. A Dollar customer service rep even admitted that to me in a phone call. At first he tried to talk me out of quitting. When I said that I didn’t find them to be as sharp or last as long, he said *Yeah, if that’s the issue, we can’t fix it.*

I kept track of durability with a log and found that the Gillette 5-blade refills had the best service life for me. I had one that went over 3 months! BTW, I shave very closely every day and have a moderately coarse beard. The secret for me is cleaning with very hot water and tapping well after every shave. I also keep it out of my wife’s reach.

I’m surprised that Gillette decided to get into the gender identity arena. I have no cares about who is what or wants to be. I just wonder why they decided to do this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Honestly nor do I and I’m the loudest voice on here railing against it and here’s why: if I care anything about I’m gonna try to steer you from making bad life choices (see this is the part where I don’t care because I know no one I care for wanting to transition), but more importantly I care about the neglect/abuse that is allowing a tide pod eating idiot child to ‘transition’. I also find it unbelievably criminal that teachers and school officials are promoting this sort of foolishness even in one case (that was in the news in recent years) helping a child transition without parental consent. And if you think your child isn’t being exposed to this sort of thing I pray you are right, but don’t think a good school in a safe area in the south is all it takes.
    Last edited by Bangswitch; May 30th, 2019 at 08:48 AM.