Everyone Better Start Paying Attention to This Issue!

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    I realize that polls can be skewed to get the desired results, but these numbers are scary! Regardless of the sampling (unless it is complete imbeciles they are polling), this is not looking good for future generations.

Nearly all American voters support background checks for everyone who tries to buy a gun, according to the results of a new survey.

Key results in the Quinnipiac University National Poll:

94% of U.S. voters are in favor of laws that would require background checks for all gun purchases, including 90% of gun owners.
    61% support stricter gun laws. The only groups opposed to that idea, at least according to the poll, are Republicans, gun owners, and voters who live in a house with guns.
    77% said they support requiring people to have a license before they buy a gun.
    63% support a nationwide ban on selling assault weapons.

"A nation with more guns than people and a history of horrifying mass shootings continues to call — or cry — for tighter gun regulation," said Tim Malloy, assistant director of the Quinnipiac University Poll.

Now here are the facts about gun violence and crime that NEVER gets reported fairly:

https://www.ammoland.com/2019/05/gu...the-anti-gun-world-here-are-the-real-numbers/

Think what you may, but these anti-2A zealots are winning the PR war in this country.

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you
    I stopped trusting most polls years ago. Quinnipiac is no exception. Although their numbers aren’t remotely close to what reality probably is, your fear is no less valid we are loosing the PR war. And with a SCOTUS that thinks it’s job is the steer towards the middle with a leftward shifting center, look out. There is a reason our founders chose a representative republic built around a constitution and not a democracy. It seems people have forgotten that.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    From Ammoland Stats:

53% of all shootings are by black men under 30. So, 3% of the US population does more than ½ the killing.
    83% of all shootings are gang and drug-related.

America! Shall we talk about this^ small problem?

:(

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you
    From Ammoland Stats:

53% of all shootings are by black men under 30. So, 3% of the US population does more than ½ the killing.
    83% of all shootings are gang and drug-related.

America! Shall we talk about this^ small problem?

:(

Nope. That would be racist. It would also be bigoted towards those who abuse elicit drugs because there is to be no universal truths.

Jadams74

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 16, 2019
    Ponchatoula, Louisiana
    I don't believe these stats for one second! The way you phrase the question, or the answers if it's a multiple choice poll, can skew the results of the the poll dramatically. All of the gun guys and gals that I know believe we need to get back to the true purpose of the 2nd amendment and loosen restrictions, not have more. They only serve to keep firearms out of the hands of would be victims of the criminals who will always have guns and don't follow the law.

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you
    I don't believe these stats for one second! The way you phrase the question, or the answers if it's a multiple choice poll, can skew the results of the the poll dramatically. All of the gun guys and gals that I know believe we need to get back to the true purpose of the 2nd amendment and loosen restrictions, not have more. They only serve to keep firearms out of the hands of would be victims of the criminals who will always have guns and don't follow the law.

Don’t for get the sampling model. If you over sample say Manhattan Island or Seattle, WA, you get a very skewed result as well

machinedrummer

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2010
    Kingwood, Tx
    Polls don’t bother me but the sheeple who hear and read the bogus polls will feel they need to be on the popular side without even knowing the facts. What does bother me is the elected leaches who will also side with the masses and push a bill through that the Prez would probably sign. It’s for the children and what the sheeples want.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Lyle.lejeune2017
    Top Bottom