Trump: Will 'seriously look' at banning gun silencers

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jstokes1

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 9, 2012
    Houma
    Looks like that slippery slope I warned about when he unconstitutionally banned bumpstocks and made over 500,000 good people felons (while also violating the 5th amendment) was spot on. In before the fudds say "oh well you don't NEED a suppressor anyway" and "Oh well would you rather have Hillary???".

Last edited:

machinedrummer

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2010
    Kingwood, Tx
    Look at Virginia. Suppressors and hicap mags will be banned. Mr t will EO suppressor if he sees fit. I’ve been jumped before but this guy is the biggest threat to our 2nd amendment in a long time. It’s paving the way for the Dems to lay waste to our rights if there is any left when they again gain power. When the pen overrides the house and senate we are no longer free. Oh wait we are already there.

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Looks like that slippery slope I warned about when he unconstitutionally banned bumpstocks and made over 500,000 good people felons (while also violating the 5th amendment) was spot on. In before the fudds say "oh well you don't NEED a suppressor anyway" and "Oh well would you rather have Hillary???".

And unlike bumpstocks, suppressors are registered so the government knows who (should) have them. That makes losing them in a boating accident a little tougher.

jstokes1

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 9, 2012
    Houma
    Technically he can't do that, but he shouldn't have been able to EO bumpstocks either the way he did and it stuck anyway. We went from being hopeful about the hearing protection act becoming law to hopeful that suppressors won't be banned and confiscated. Irony isn't even the word.

Last edited:

jdavid1

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 16, 2015
    Hammond, LA
    Did they ever say if the shooter used commercial suppressors or if they were home made? This is just a knee jerk reaction, but it could have some real consequence similar to the bump stocks. The big difference between suppressors and bump stocks are the tax stamps and legal paperwork. The suppressors are heavily regulated by the government when the bump stocks were not regulated at all.

noob

enthusiast
    Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    New Orleans
    Can someone name one thing not regulated in some way by the gubment? Seriously name one thing.

My bowel movements... they have a mind of their own...

- - - Updated - - -

With friends like Trump, who needs enemies?

Troedoff

*Banned*
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Prairieville
    But the silencers make it to where no one can hear the gun, and so much more powerful. What with all the recoil reducing effects, extra bullet velocity and so much more power and you can't hear it. They gotta go. I think that was a response to a question in an interview, and that is all. Bump Stocks were a catch 22 for him, and were a toe on the line anyway. Silencers are very heavily regulated as it stands, and the argument for why they are useful is valid. I don't think they become deregulated any time soon, but to say that the silencer had any effect on the outcome of this shooting is plain dumb.

machinedrummer

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2010
    Kingwood, Tx
    Gun owners will soon resemble the scene from *The Jerk* when he is saying, *all I need is my lamp...my thermos...* but it will be *all I need is a crack barrel single shot .410 and a Swiss Army knife*. Red flag, TAPS act, BS EO ban, now this. The lakes and rivers will soon be filling up.

extra300

Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 19, 2010
    Metairie
    I sure hope he's just shootin' from the hip when he said that, probably thinking anyone can just go into a gun store and buy a silencer. Yes, I know he is very unpredictable. I suppose his sons won't be too happy knowing they will have to turn in or destroy there massive collection of silencers.

Quite possibly the biggest concern for all of us is Trump's nomination of an ATF Director that is anti-gun.

Bigchillin83

Rating - 100%
    94   0   1
    Feb 27, 2012
    Livingston
    hmmmm... "I reject your reality and substitute it with my own", cool problem solved, im happy again lol

I sure hope he's just shootin' from the hip when he said that, probably thinking anyone can just go into a gun store and buy a silencer. Yes, I know he is very unpredictable. I suppose his sons won't be too happy knowing they will have to turn in or destroy there massive collection of silencers.

Quite possibly the biggest concern for all of us is Trump's nomination of an ATF Director that is anti-gun.

ozarkpugs

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2018
    US Zanoni mo
    Trump has never been pro second amendment but I don't think he was anti either I think he just didn't really give it much thought . Like he once said about his sons hunting " I don't understand it but that's his thing and nothing to me . " My fear is he will appoint a anti second SCOTUS justice next . Hopefully his handlers will let him know how many 2020 voters are pro suppressor .

Sent from my Moto E (4) using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Lyle.lejeune2017
    Top Bottom