Join BayouShooter For Free

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

User Info Menu

Walther Model P 22

I would like some feed back on anyone with information / past experience shooting a Walther 22 cal. semi auto. I am considering purchasing one for target practice. It feels good in my hand and should be inexpensive to shoot. Any info appreciated.
    Thanks!

La. CHP Instructor #409

Premium Member

User Info Menu

Welcome aboard.

User Info Menu

THANKS !

Marksman

User Info Menu

My son has one and has had nothing but problems with it; I have the Ruger sr22, which is a copy of the Walther, and have had 0 problems with it

Marksman

User Info Menu

I have the Walther and the Ruger. Both shoot well. The newer Walthers are more reliable than the older ones, but, in general, the Walther is a more finicky with ammo.

Marksman

Gold Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Danny Abear View Post
    My son has one and has had nothing but problems with it; I have the Ruger sr22, which is a copy of the Walther, and have had 0 problems with it
    All my Rugers hate the Remington ammo.....
    "When You Go Home, Tell Them Of Us And Say, For Your Tomorrow, We Gave Our's Today"

Voting is the responsibility of a citizen, even if voting may not necessarily be obligatory. To not vote seems to me to be an abrogation of one's responsibility as a citizen, regardless of one's politics.

-Global Mod-

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Gator 45/70 View Post
    All my Rugers hate the Remington ammo.....
    Mine too. But my P22 loves ThunderBolts.
    Shoots them flawless like they are CCI.
    I have had my P22 since they 1st came out. It does not like Federal Bulk and ends up with Empty Chamber as some are under powdered.
    Shoots well with them but a stovepipe here and there.

-Global Mod-

User Info Menu

My Rugers are King and that is what I would recommend getting and 2nd would be BuckMark.

Marksman

User Info Menu

I have one, and I’ve never had an issue with it. I’ve known a few people who’ve had issues with them. I might trade mine if you want ...
    "Si Vis Pacem Parrabellum"

Marksman

User Info Menu

Have had a P22 for a long time. Mine came with the threaded barrel under the shroud, so I bought the Gemtech thread adapter so it's now 1/2x28. It's been a great gun as long as you use good ammo. If you have one with problems, I would try the Volquartzen extractor-cheap and easy upgrade. I would definitely recommend purchasing a captured spring/guide rod to make takedown and cleaning easy.