Kenner Guys. Inspection Station {Brake Tags}

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    Can a car with 40 Series FlowMasters pass inspection if they exit at the rear bumper
    I am picking Mufflers now
    I am worried that the Street Pro's will not pass the Local Inspection they are a little less loud than Flowmaster 40 without the Drone.
    The Race Pro's are the same little less than Flowmaster 50 without the drone.
    Has anyone here gone to the Kenner Inspection with 40 series Flows are close to them?
    I may have to just get the Race-Pros

Last edited:

dwhaley929

Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Dec 14, 2016
    Baton Rouge LA
    There's chatter about getting rid of state inspection stickers. I don't know if there are are parish or local stickers. Maybe go get it inspected now, get the pipes you want and see what's what in a year.

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    There's chatter about getting rid of state inspection stickers. I don't know if there are are parish or local stickers. Maybe go get it inspected now, get the pipes you want and see what's what in a year.

Good Lord, I've been in states with no inspection sticker required....Talk about huge POS on the road...Our insurance will only go up!

dwhaley929

Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Dec 14, 2016
    Baton Rouge LA
    Good Lord, I've been in states with no inspection sticker required....Talk about huge POS on the road...Our insurance will only go up!

Maybe, maybe not. I'm guessing that everyone with a huge POS that wants to drive it just drives it. I saw a truck at a red light the other day that looked like it had just been in a wreck on that spot. No way that thing would drive. It did though.

Bangswitch

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 10, 2019
    a location near you

Its been a couple years but the inspection stickers don’t stop the POS’s down that way I honestly see less now than before I moved back. Now the thing that concerns me is idiots tenting ALL the windows. Yes ALL it’s become an epidemic of Darwin award winners tenting their windshields to privacy dark. I mean talking about dumb.

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Maybe, maybe not. I'm guessing that everyone with a huge POS that wants to drive it just drives it. I saw a truck at a red light the other day that looked like it had just been in a wreck on that spot. No way that thing would drive. It did though.

Ford?

Its been a couple years but the inspection stickers don’t stop the POS’s down that way I honestly see less now than before I moved back. Now the thing that concerns me is idiots tenting ALL the windows. Yes ALL it’s become an epidemic of Darwin award winners tenting their windshields to privacy dark. I mean talking about dumb.

Yeah, Gangsta wannabeezs!

buttanic

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    LaPlace, LA
    If gun laws don't deter criminals why would inspection stickers deter someone from driving a piece of junk car.

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    If gun laws don't deter criminals why would inspection stickers deter someone from driving a piece of junk car.

It doesn't deter those committed to being society's F'k ups because they consider themselves above the law to begin with....The insurance rates WILL go up simply because insurance company's will not skip on a chance to jack up the public that try to follow the law.

It's all designed to get your money....

340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    Well there ya go! The darker da tint da dumber da is....I like that!

Many years ago I knew a guy who had a car stereo and a tint shop. he had all the windows done.
    That was until he had a few drinks and backed it a large ditch leaving a bar.
    Another year Robert Paul had his car painted a Sweet Candy Red. But the interior guy was late so he still put it in a Show. He got in and painted all the windows with black spray paint.
    He never won anything but it looked cool when someone passed by

340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La

No pipes now. And the Exhaust System is costly.

Here's the kicker.
    The Dodge Dart has always been on a trailer! In fact, it has 8 miles on it since December 2004 When driven it was to get on-off and to a show field. The wild 12.3 to one compression roller cam etc. motor. Open headers was OK for doing that. So no pipes or muffs.
    I am going to swap the wild bullet to something less wild. But with even more power
    A 423ci Small Block but can run on pump gas. And drive it some.
    Doing it with SS X pipe muffs and tailpipes plus Cut-Outs is not cheap so do it once and that's is it

Attachments

• Ashow53two.jpg
      Ashow53two.jpg
      94.8 KB · Views: 67
    Last edited:

340six

-Global Mod-
    Staff member
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Kenner, La
    The car is still this clean. Or at least it is after some work. Even did a few things since these were taken.

Attachments

• Adrivetrainbottom.jpg
      Adrivetrainbottom.jpg
      56.4 KB · Views: 65

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Lyle.lejeune2017
    Top Bottom