Anyone using or recommending magnets to hold gun in vehicle

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Charlieboy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 16, 2019
    Marrero
    I've been seeing these magnets advertised online. Basically, ithas a sticky side that goes on any surface, then there's magnets in the middle which are covered buy some type of rubber cover to keep gun from scratches or marks. They are supposed to hold the gun in place really well and give you a quick access if you need to pull it out. I usually keep my gun between center console and seat belt release. Its fine there, but not as quickly accessible as it would be right by my leg where it would be easy to just pull off, and use.
    Who has experience with these? Any brand recommendations?

Stonert67

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 18, 2020
    Norco, Louisiana
    I’ve heard of these, never seen them. I was thinking the same thing about my truck console with a mag net. Please let us know what you find and I’ll do the same.

Richard in LA

Mag Whore
    Rating - 100%
    109   0   0
    May 19, 2007
    St. Amant, LA
    Friend mailed me a *tac pro* or something like that, has a VHB strip or can be mounted with the hardware supplied. That magnet is so darn strong it’ll stick to my granite counters

AustinBR

Make your own luck
    Staff member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    There is no benefit to keeping a pistol *anywhere* in your vehicle that isn't on your person that outweighs the plethora of cons.

Magnets are a silly, dangerous marketing plot that no professional would advocate for.

Carry the pistol on your person.

Sent from my SM-G977U using Tapatalk

southerncanuck

www.RangeSport.com (Use code "BayouShooter")
    Premium Member
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Dec 3, 2019
    New Orleans
    I wouldn't use it in the car, but I do have a one of these on the underside of my bed (no kids). The adhesive strip is only to hold it in place while you're drilling in the screws, you definitely wouldn't want to rely on the tape alone. Most of them are just a rubberized magnetic pad with screw holes, but there's a brand called Stinger that makes one with an integrated trigger guard that makes a bit more sense.

Gator 45/70

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    There is no benefit to keeping a pistol *anywhere* in your vehicle that isn't on your person that outweighs the plethora of cons.

Magnets are a silly, dangerous marketing plot that no professional would advocate for.

Carry the pistol on your person.

Sent from my SM-G977U using Tapatalk

Wait, Is that the same as wearing you're mask in a vehicle ?

Asking for a friend...

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    I wouldn't use it in the car, but I do have a one of these on the underside of my bed (no kids). The adhesive strip is only to hold it in place while you're drilling in the screws, you definitely wouldn't want to rely on the tape alone. Most of them are just a rubberized magnetic pad with screw holes, but there's a brand called Stinger that makes one with an integrated trigger guard that makes a bit more sense.

I keep pistols in holsters on a nightstand within reach on each side of the bed.

DBMJR1

Madame Mayor's Fiefdom
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 27, 2008
    New Orleans, La.
    If you are involved in an accident with a magnetically secured metallic projectile, like a firearm, you should choose an object with few sharp edges.

It won't help with the blunt force trauma from getting smacked in the gobber with a Taurus product, but it may cut down on the number of stitches required .

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    Is this where everyone is going to post about it becoming a lethal projectile in a crash? I’ve yet to see someone at a crash site with a Glock sticking out of their forehead

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

DBMJR1

Madame Mayor's Fiefdom
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 27, 2008
    New Orleans, La.
    Is this where everyone is going to post about it becoming a lethal projectile in a crash? I’ve yet to see someone at a crash site with a Glock sticking out of their forehead

That leaves a lot of body parts that can be impaled by said Glock.:hs:

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride

That reminds me of my cousin's crash. He lived in Rougon and the family owned a Electrical comp in BR. He was since to he went to BR to pick up paper work to work on at home. He was driving a Jeep and hit some one head on. He died in the crash and they found out he had a heart attack and his shotgun went off in the crash and shot him and the head on. It was his time to go.

MOTOR51

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    here
    That reminds me of my cousin's crash. He lived in Rougon and the family owned a Electrical comp in BR. He was since to he went to BR to pick up paper work to work on at home. He was driving a Jeep and hit some one head on. He died in the crash and they found out he had a heart attack and his shotgun went off in the crash and shot him and the head on. It was his time to go.

Yeah that’s not a good situation at all.

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    Yeah that’s not a good situation at all.

Me and him and David Whatley are cousins. David told me at the house about the shotgun he didn't tell the rest of the family

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ksgunner82
    Top Bottom