Join BayouShooter For Free
Pelican

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123 ... LastLast
    oldbie

Premium Member

User Info Menu

Someone I know was involved in the world naked bike ride (NOT me! naked butts and bike seats don't mix!!! ) . The OC guy came there first. He was very reasonable and ended up locking his weapons in one of the security people's cars while he did the ride. The parade organizer was ready to let him keep his weapons for the ride but NOPD brought up the organized event statute. He completed the naked ride, retrieved his weapons and went on his way. On the way home I don't know if he just got too close to the pride parade or went there intentionally to OC protest, but...
    "Be water, my friend..."

Marksman

User Info Menu

I don’t believe in Peter Pan, Frankenstein, or Superman...all I want to do is....
    Those who live by the sword, get shot by those who don't.

Tim

Marksman

User Info Menu

The law is stupid but it is the law. And we live in stupid times. I’m sure the guy got his intended result. While it’s entertaining to watch these goobers on YouTube, it’s bad for our cause. Yes the 2A is a right and yes it said ‘‘shall not be infringed,’’ but we have over 100 years of infringement, and a center guided SCOTUS (which everyone should know by now I object to) to overcome, these sorts of shenanigans make it easier for the other side not harder. We have to find a way to make it harder. These @$$hats in elected and appointed offices don’t see the 2A like most of us here do, and will listen to what may seem like popular opinion and ignore the mandates prescribed in the 2A, and we need to fight this war with the ideals we possess in a manner that doesn’t give the other side weapons to use against us.

Marksman

User Info Menu

What if itís an open carry rally? Can observers be arrested for open carry?

Tim

Marksman

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by machinedrummer View Post
    What if it’s an open carry rally? Can observers be arrested for open carry?
    Wouldn’t that be a something

Marksman

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bangswitch View Post
    Wouldn’t that be a something
    Laws are getting out of hand. Another one would be.. what if while watching the naked bike parade a spectator would get naked? Would he or she be breaking a public nudity law or something to that effect? A organized event is happening on Bourbon street and you are shopping on Royal street not even aware of what’s happening one block over. Is it illegal to carry? I look at this as just one more reason to never enter Orleans Parish.

Tim

Marksman

Gold Member

User Info Menu

What if it’s an open carry rally? Can observers be arrested for open carry?
    Yah boy,Here we go!
    "When You Go Home, Tell Them Of Us And Say, For Your Tomorrow, We Gave Our's Today"

Voting is the responsibility of a citizen, even if voting may not necessarily be obligatory. To not vote seems to me to be an abrogation of one's responsibility as a citizen, regardless of one's politics.

Marksman

User Info Menu

I see open carry around here all the time. Pistols and revolvers but never seen a long gun open carried. I think I would keep an eye on someone carrying a long gun, especially with a backpack on.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by mukwah; June 10th, 2019 at 12:46 PM.

Marksman

User Info Menu

Laws are getting out of hand. Another one would be.. what if while watching the naked bike parade a spectator would get naked? Would he or she be breaking a public nudity law or something to that effect? A organized event is happening on Bourbon street and you are shopping on Royal street not even aware of what’s happening one block over. Is it illegal to carry? I look at this as just one more reason to never enter Orleans Parish.
    Same deal with these roving 2A free zones around these politicians. It’s crap but you don’t win the war of public perception by being an idiot. And yes idiot is fair public perception is ‘guns scary’, ‘people holding guns scarier’, ‘people carrying scary black rifles, holy crap pull a fire alarm, call the news, we are all gonna die’. It’s ignorant and sad that sheeple are like that but they are and we need to give them positive experiences to change their minds. Carrying an AR15 to a gay-boy parade ain’t the answer.
    Last edited by Bangswitch; June 10th, 2019 at 01:11 PM.

Marksman

User Info Menu

We have to think of the whinny, scared of anything that shoots as dogs. You donít take dog being trained even for combat to the range and just start shooting over top of it. You work them up to it with less abrasive noises until heís conditioned to work in a combat environment. Think of toting a ar15 for a liberal whiner as a bill drill over a fresh puppy. Even though itís just perceived danger it will probably scar the limp wristed whiner for life.