Join BayouShooter For Free
Cajun Ammo

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 345 ... LastLast
    Marksman

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 103M 95G View Post
    I agree, dihydrogen monoxide is killing people all around the world
    Been used for torture and advanced interrogation techniques all over the world. If you breath it in it will displace the air in your lungs and suffocate you. It’s also been used to enhance the effectiveness of smaller explosive charges. When it gets out of control it, it can devastate and reshape all manner of things, like houses mountain sides. In the wrong hands it can cut through massive pieces of steel bore holes in concrete. What a dangerous weapon we have to do something think of the children.

Professional Amateur

Premium Member

User Info Menu

I promised myself a long time ago I would never get caught doing this again- and I've kept that promise.

Going anywhere near a parade in New Orleans, I mean.
    Sam
    Central/Pride, Evil Black Rifle Parish(EBR), LA

“Remember the first rule of gunfighting... ‘have a gun.’"
    -Col. Jeff Cooper

Day of the Rope!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by oleheat View Post
    I promised myself a long time ago I would never get caught doing this again- and I've kept that promise.

Going anywhere near a parade in New Orleans, I mean.
    Amen brother.
    I'm right there with you.
    Semper Ubi Sub Ubi
    http://midstateoffice.com/

Bangswitch:
    If you can’t handle something this childish how on earth could you handle being gangbanged next to a goat by a dozen Taliban fighters?

User Info Menu

As previously stated, why would someone open carry a rifle anyway?

La. CHP Instructor #409

Premium Member

User Info Menu

[QUOTE=Cassiusness;1668063]As previously stated, why would someone open carry in NOLA anyway?[/QUOTE

Fixed it for you.

Marksman

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Cassiusness View Post
    As previously stated, why would someone open carry a rifle anyway?
    I can’t find a good concealed holster for any of my long guns.

User Info Menu

I got my concealed carry permit in 1978 and joined the NRA that same year. Even back then, open carrying a pistol/revolver turned heads.

40 years later, after all we (Americans) have experienced, there's only one word for a person who openly carries a rifle and a pistol in any major city: Dumbass.

If you disagree, then I'll spell it "dumb ass!"

Marksman

Gold Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Cowboy55 View Post
    I got my concealed carry permit in 1978 and joined the NRA that same year. Even back then, open carrying a pistol/revolver turned heads.

40 years later, after all we (Americans) have experienced, there's only one word for a person who openly carries a rifle and a pistol in any major city: Dumbass.

If you disagree, then I'll spell it "dumb ass!"
    Had some friends whom had to walk out 3 days after a little storm called Katrina,Surprisingly the police ignored them and the looters crossed Charter and Royal street to make way....Funny how open carry works at times.......
    "When You Go Home, Tell Them Of Us And Say, For Your Tomorrow, We Gave Our's Today"

Voting is the responsibility of a citizen, even if voting may not necessarily be obligatory. To not vote seems to me to be an abrogation of one's responsibility as a citizen, regardless of one's politics.

Marksman

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Gator 45/70 View Post
    Had some friends whom had to walk out 3 days after a little storm called Katrina,Surprisingly the police ignored them and the looters crossed Charter and Royal street to make way....Funny how open carry works at times.......
    If we weren’t a bunch of piss-ant whiners and we could get back to a day where everyone open carried it would work well. It’s funny how the bull$hit stops when impending violence will be the consequence of ones actions.

Marksman

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DBMJR1 View Post
    We need to ban di-hydrogen oxide. It's the chemical in the chem trails you see behind aircraft. Everyone who ingests it, dies eventually. What's worse? It's in our drinking water!!!!
    I hadn't heard this joke in over 45-50 years! Not a criticism of DBMJR1, just a realization that I haven't hung around high schoolers in a loooong time. I need to hang out with young folks more often.

As to open carry, I grew up when filled gun racks in the high school parking lot was uncommon, but not unknown, as well as being able to walk or ride a bike through town to the local woods with a .22 or shotgun to hunt squirrels or rabbits. Who was the "dumbass" back then? - those of us who let liberals teach everyone that those activities were wrong.

Think about it - I can only remember one mass shooting before the Gun Control act of 1968 (which was passed after the assassinations of the elite, not as the result of the UT tower shooting in 1965). The more "reasonable" gun control laws we pass, the more frequently mass shootings occur. Remember the old definition of insanity?
    "Incrementalism" is the weapon used by anti-gun forces to destroy the second amendment.
    "Compromise" is a negotiation term that can only be used one time - when you compromise a compromise, you have lost the entire issue.

“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!” Hunter S. Thompson