Join BayouShooter For Free
Pelican

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 456 ... LastLast
    Marksman

User Info Menu

Our bus driver would keep the soft cases in front of the bus. We were able to re-do the stocks and blue in shop class. Where have all the good times gone??
    Those who live by the sword, get shot by those who don't.

Tim

-Global Mod-

User Info Menu

So what kind of Holster do you use for carry at ,naked bike ride? Can't use inside waist band with no waist band.. Outside waist band?

On Target

User Info Menu

Mexican carry... carefully

crusty old bastard

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by met7881 View Post
    This ordinance or law has not been tested under strict scrutiny yet. It would be hard for the "state" to justify 1000' for public safety.
    So how much in legal fees do you think it will cost to be the test case here??????
    As an aside, with 37 years of criminal defense practice under my belt and a knowledge of both the 4th circuit and LASC, I'll bet you any amount of money that this law will pass the strict scrutiny test.
    Stay thirsty my friends

Marksman

User Info Menu

I guess the prison wallet would be an option in the naked bike parade for CC.
    Those who live by the sword, get shot by those who don't.

Tim

Marksman

User Info Menu

First off the law is flawed in many ways. First, Sec. 54-342. - Illegal possession of weapons at demonstrations. (b) It shall be unlawful for any person, other than a law enforcement officer, to have in his possession or to have in any vehicle at a point within 1,000 feet of a demonstration at a public place any weapon after having first been advised by a law enforcement officer that a demonstration was taking place at a public place and after having been ordered by such officer to remove himself from the proscribed area until such time as he no longer is in possession of any weapon. This section shall not apply to any person in possession of any weapon in his private dwelling or place of business.

In Louisiana your vehicle is an extension of your home. So the law is flawed, plain and simple.

Secondly, Since when does a "privilege" off attending a parade (a gathering for for entertainment purposes) supersede the 2nd amendment right to keep and bear arms? Is there "equal justice under the law" or not?

I don't expect anyone to actually answer the question and most who would would spout off more anti-constitutional legal rhetoric anyway. I am just putting it out there. What we need is laws that don't conflict with the constitution or with each other for that matter.

Marksman

Gold Member

User Info Menu

Orleans is a banana republic into itself....We all have seen the crap they make up to be communists that they are....
    "When You Go Home, Tell Them Of Us And Say, For Your Tomorrow, We Gave Our's Today"

Voting is the responsibility of a citizen, even if voting may not necessarily be obligatory. To not vote seems to me to be an abrogation of one's responsibility as a citizen, regardless of one's politics.

Marksman

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by machinedrummer View Post
    I guess the prison wallet would be an option in the naked bike parade for CC.
    Keaster carry right on. Probably not the crazy thing some of those naked bike rider have keastered.

Marksman

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MilOperator View Post
    First off the law is flawed in many ways. First, Sec. 54-342. - Illegal possession of weapons at demonstrations. (b) It shall be unlawful for any person, other than a law enforcement officer, to have in his possession or to have in any vehicle at a point within 1,000 feet of a demonstration at a public place any weapon after having first been advised by a law enforcement officer that a demonstration was taking place at a public place and after having been ordered by such officer to remove himself from the proscribed area until such time as he no longer is in possession of any weapon. This section shall not apply to any person in possession of any weapon in his private dwelling or place of business.

In Louisiana your vehicle is an extension of your home. So the law is flawed, plain and simple.

Secondly, Since when does a "privilege" off attending a parade (a gathering for for entertainment purposes) supersede the 2nd amendment right to keep and bear arms? Is there "equal justice under the law" or not?

I don't expect anyone to actually answer the question and most who would would spout off more anti-constitutional legal rhetoric anyway. I am just putting it out there. What we need is laws that don't conflict with the constitution or with each other for that matter.
    I would love to see that day. I will refer back to the fact we have a SCOTUS being steered center instead of towards the constitution.

Marksman

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bangswitch View Post
    I would love to see that day. I will refer back to the fact we have a SCOTUS being steered center instead of towards the constitution.
    Yes, even with newly appointed so-called conservative judges they still treat the constitution like it was a historical document rather than the supreme law of the land. Sad.