open carrier arrested

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • swampfoxx

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 15, 2014
    Ponchatoula, LA

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    Yeah...them lazy SOB's do nothing about the guns in the French Quarter. Well...nothing except this:

https://nopdnews.com/post/june-2019/nopd-arrests-suspect-for-illegal-gun-possession-in/

Oh, and this:

https://nopdnews.com/post/may-2019/arrested-suspect-arrested-for-illegal-possession-o/

Then there's this:

https://nopdnews.com/post/may-2019/nopd-arrests-subject-on-illegal-gun-possession-cha/

And I found this:

https://nopdnews.com/post/may-2019/nopd-arrests-suspect-for-illegal-firearm-posse-(1)/

But that's it because they can't arrest someone with out a press release. And it's not like they get a lot of calls for service. So they just lazy.

I believe these arrests speak more to how many people there are carrying illegal weapons out there. :eek3:

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I believe these arrests speak more to how many people there are carrying illegal weapons out there. :eek3:

My reply was to the claim the "thugs" in the French Quarter are roaming around "un-challenged [sic]." What I didn't say then, but I will say now, is that BayouRat seems to have made the erroneous generalization that a number of people make and that hurts their argument rather than strengthens it. He seems to suggest because one particular crime exists, the police should not be enforcing a lesser crime. He tends to suggest that the police department is unable to enforce multiple violations at the same time despite being made up on individual officers capable of independent work.

Oh, the irony. The piece of sh*! gang banging murderous thugs that have stolen firearms tucked in there pants ghetto style. You know that ones that own the streets of New Orleans as if it were the wild, wild West. They shoot the place up on a seemingly daily basis. Were probably roaming around the French Quarter un-challenged. But the guy open carrying is the threat?

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    My reply was to the claim the "thugs" in the French Quarter are roaming around "un-challenged [sic]." What I didn't say then, but I will say now, is that BayouRat seems to have made the erroneous generalization that a number of people make and that hurts their argument rather than strengthens it. He seems to suggest because one particular crime exists, the police should not be enforcing a lesser crime. He tends to suggest that the police department is unable to enforce multiple violations at the same time despite being made up on individual officers capable of independent work.

I got that! I am just theoretically wondering how many people there are that are actually out there carrying guns illegally in the first place. The arrests in your example seem to suggest that these four individuals were noticed by their behavior. How many are carrying that go unnoticed?

BTW; my query has nothing to do with police. ;)

thperez1972

ESSAYONS
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 28, 2015
    Baton Rouge, LA
    I got that! I am just theoretically wondering how many people there are that are actually out there carrying guns illegally in the first place. The arrests in your example seem to suggest that these four individuals were noticed by their behavior. How many are carrying that go unnoticed?

BTW; my query has nothing to do with police. ;)

I'm sure there a quite a few from the CHP holder just walking down the street to the guy looking to protect his revenue from selling BC powder packaged like a hit of cocaine. After all, not many people are going to file a police report because they got ripped off trying to buy drugs.

Emperor

Seriously Misunderstood!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Nether region
    I'm sure there a quite a few from the CHP holder just walking down the street to the guy looking to protect his revenue from selling BC powder packaged like a hit of cocaine. After all, not many people are going to file a police report because they got ripped off trying to buy drugs.

Not to mention those that are just "keepin it real" in case they get dissed!

herohog

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    Shreveport, LA
    RE Neekid bike ride carry

IMG_1933.JPG

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member