Join BayouShooter For Free

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Marksman

User Info Menu

Finally Decided To Build An AR Pistol in 300 Blackout

Finally decided to build an AR Pistol. I went with the 300 Blackout.

Built this mostly out of spare parts I had laying around. Now that I know how much I like it I plan to upgrade the trigger and grip. Also plan to put a Law Tactical folding stock adaptor on it and will prob finally look around and get my first suppressor. (Open to any suppressor suggestions)

A few of the specs are as follows;

Aero lower
    Aero enhanced upper
    Aero Quantum 7" handguard
    Right To Bear Arms 6" barrel
    KAW Linear Compensator
    MBUS front and rear sights
    Sig Romeo 5 Red Dot
    SBTactical Brace
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1757.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	257.2 KB 
ID:	86675   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1756.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	260.3 KB 
ID:	86676   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1744.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	249.3 KB 
ID:	86677   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1741.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	251.4 KB 
ID:	86678  
    Last edited by whbonney26; June 17th, 2019 at 11:30 AM.
    SASS #84934

Marksman

User Info Menu

nice!!!!

Marksman

User Info Menu

She's a sexy little lady, ain't she?!
    Stephen WhoDat
    God Bless Our Troops!

Marksman

User Info Menu

I'm a sucker for AR pistols. Built one, never picked up a 16" AR ever again.

Marksman

User Info Menu

I bet she’s got a loud mouth.... once she starts barking better move outta the way lol

ESSAYONS

User Info Menu

I have a 9" Aero/Ballistic Advantage pistol with a 9" (9.25" actual, I believe) hand guard. I thought about building another Aero 300 blk with a 6" barrel and a 7" (7.25"?) hand guard. If I do that, I may consider a 9" handguard. Or an 8" barrel with 12" hand guard. I like the integrally suppressed look.

One thing to consider with the suppressors it the barrel restrictions. SilencerCo has a minimum of 8" on a 300 blk for the Omega 300. It's been in jail about a week shy of 11 months and their claimed average, as of last week, was 9 months. And SilencerCo has a lock on the base of the can. That makes it difficult to have a hand guard too much longer than the barrel. The Dead Air Sandman does not have a barrel restriction. (I send them and email making sure I understood it correctly and below is their reply.) And Dead Air just screws on their muzzle devices. No switch needed to lock it. So it's good for your setup. Dead Air also makes an adapter for the Omega (and other cans) that allow them to fit on the Dead Air muzzle devices with just screwing it down. Those are really the only two I have any sort of knowledge about. And one of them (the Omega) isn't recommended with a 6" barrel.

We use stelite for our baffles on the Sandman series of silencers. We have multiple silencers with 30-40k rounds through them with no wear on the baffles at all. We also have never had a silencer come back to warranty for baffle erosion. You should be good to go with either barrel length and we do mean no barrel length restriction. I hope this helps and please let me know if you have any other questions!

Thanks,
    Tasson Nique
    Dead Air Silencers

Marksman

User Info Menu

I like the silencerco omega30... I have ran my hybrid on them and they work good also but notably louder than the omega... I like to stick to around 10.5" on ar 556 pistols. I have found they have very good reliability and recoil with the carbine gas system.. even had real good luck with my 762x39 ar sbr in 10.5
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	D501290D-E8D1-4A08-B1FC-38E2109EE387.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	270.1 KB 
ID:	86685   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	6260E316-5BB7-427D-A7D1-95147B2566AD.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	287.2 KB 
ID:	86686   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fun.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	140.5 KB 
ID:	86688   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	A6875B29-A783-47B3-BE6B-DE0D54C39B36.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	278.8 KB 
ID:	86689  

Marksman

User Info Menu

I have seen people run an Omega 9k on a 6* barrel 300 blackout and it seemed to work pretty good.

Right now it’s a little loud but doable. The linear comp directs the sound away from the shooter.

This is the first pistol I have had or built. Never cared for one till they were able to be put on the shoulder and since the braces have come so far I figured I’d try one out.
    Last edited by whbonney26; June 10th, 2019 at 05:11 PM.
    SASS #84934

ESSAYONS

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by whbonney26 View Post
    I have seen people run an Omega 9k on a 6* barrel 300 blackout and it seemed to work pretty good.

Right now its a little loud but doable. The linear comp directs the sound away from the shooter.

This is the first pistol I have had or built. Never cared for one till they were able to be put on the shoulder and since the braces have come so far I figured Id try one out.
    If I'm not mistaken, and I'm feeling to lazy to actually look, the 9K is rated for a shorted barrel but with subsonic only.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Marksman

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by thperez1972 View Post
    If I'm not mistaken, and I'm feeling to lazy to actually look, the 9K is rated for a shorted barrel but with subsonic only.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Maybe so. I’ll look. The guy was shooting both with the subs being much quieter, obviously.
    SASS #84934