Former St. Tammany Sheriff Arrested For Rape/Incest.

The Best online firearms community in Louisiana.

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    COVINGTON – Former St. Tammany Parish Sheriff Jack Strain faces life in prison if convicted of multiple counts of rape and incest handed down by a grand jury this morning.
    District Attorney Warren Montgomery said an investigation into potential sex crimes committed by Strain began in 2017.
    The Louisiana State Police, FBI, IRS, and U.S. Postal Inspection Service were all involved in the investigation, according to Montgomery.
    The investigation culminated on the morning on June 11 when a grand jury indicted Strain on two counts of aggravated rape, two counts of aggravated incest, indecent behavior with a juvenile, and sexual battery.

Related Story
    Sheriff: License plate on badly burned car partially match missing woman’s car

The 56-year-old Strain, whose given name is Rodney Jack Strain, was arrested and booked into the St. Tammany Parish Jail on a bond of $400,000.
    Strain is accused of raping one victim between June 1979 and July 1980, and another victim between January 1975 and September 1978, according to Montgomery.
    Between April 1996 and July 2002, Strain is also accused of committing aggravated incest and indecent behavior with a third victim.
    Strain is also accused of committing aggravated incest and sexual battery on a fourth victim in June of 2004.

For the charges of aggravated rape, Strain faces a sentence of life in prison. The aggravated incest charges carry a sentence of between five and 20 years, while the indecent behavior with a juvenile charges carry a sentence of up to seven years, and the sexual battery charges come with a sentence of up to 10 years.

*Since first taking office, I have been actively involved in seeking justice for the atrocities alleged by victims on this parish’s former sheriff,* current St. Tammany Parish Sheriff Randy Smith said. *The information I learned throughout the investigation was deeply disturbing especially because of the severity of the alleged crimes. Not only did we assist in the criminal investigation of the former sheriff, but I was also duty-bound to determine if any of the sheriff’s associates or colleagues were complicit or aware of any of the information that we learned upon investigating. The revelations led me to make several changes in the upper ranks of the Sheriff’s Office. There is no room for a good ole’ boys’ network in law enforcement, especially one that may be willing to put friendship over law.
    The actions alleged against the former sheriff are disgraceful and shocking. Today’s indictment of the former sheriff should illustrate St. Tammany’s disdain for corruption or criminal actions of all kinds. I would like to commend the State Police and District Attorney Warren Montgomery’s office for their thorough investigation. In the coming days, I am sure more facts will come to light to further explain Jack Strain’s behavior and the depth of the corruption within Jack Strain’s administration. I can assure the citizens of this Parish that not only have we rebuilt this agency as a no-nonsense law enforcement division that takes its role in our community seriously, but today’s news only further motivates us to continue reinforcing our mission to protect and serve with the highest integrity.*

machinedrummer

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2010
    Kingwood, Tx
    I bet some are shaking in their boots. Whoever helped keep the smoke in the tent for all these years will have some explaining to do. Too late now the woods are on fire.

JBP55

La. CHP Instructor #409
    Premium Member
    Rating - 100%
    338   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Walker
    I bet some are shaking in their boots. Whoever helped keep the smoke in the tent for all these years will have some explaining to do. Too late now the woods are on fire.

Rapists and Law Enforcement Officers are not treated well in Prison.

323MAR

Silver Member
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 15, 2014
    New Oeleans LA
    It’s funny that you mention smoke! Strain has fought legalization of MJ for his entire tenure. Every time an inmate escaped his jail, there would be a major 966 MJ bust that he would boast about. All the while, he was one of the worst criminals on the North Shore.
    I believed him to be a crooked politician, but the truth was far worse.
    *Innocent until proven guilty* only applies to the court system.

Last edited:

charlie12

Not a Fed.
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    Pride
    This might be his future room mate

q9w38mpay3d2njf61jdt.jpg

themcfarland

tactical hangover
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Dec 6, 2008
    Destrehan
    Its truly sad that a guy was allowed to do this without impunity for so long. Some must have known, some had to have suspected.
    How does someone do this and get by and get elected over and over and be a predator..
    I am all for the system and let the system work.. However its things like this that I am disappointed we are not 100 years ago and peoples families didn't handle this differently..

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LanceK
    Top Bottom